Greywood Forest (Requires LunaLua for Music!)

This is the place to post your own levels.
Cornholio309
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Greywood Forest (Requires LunaLua for Music!)

Postby Cornholio309 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:44 am

Hey everybody!

A couple of days ago, I got kind of bored and decided to revisit my Bros. X installation. For a while, I had what I consider my first "decent in my eyes" attempt at a custom level under my belt, but it was a bit incomplete (playable, but the bonus room sucked and felt very bland among other tiny things). I decided to go ahead and give it a quick polishing up, and submit here for everybody to see/play! I'll probably pop in and out now and again to check on this level's feedback and perhaps work on other projects if the inspiration strikes.

I've tested this level fairly thoroughly, and I can confirm the level is possible to complete with Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Toad (video footage below showing all four completing the level). However, Link is unable to make a jump early on in the level that renders him the only character that can't play this level completely. I might revisit this level to make a route for him that he can take.

That being said, I spent a little bit of time compiling some sexy screenshots and footage to intice you! If you're interested, a MEGA and Google Drive link can be found below the "Screenshots" and "Videos" spoilers. Special thanks to the developers of PGE Editor for the full level preview screens!

Screenshots:
Spoiler: show
Full Level Previews:

Main Map:

Boss Section:

Bonus Section:

In-Game:

Videos:

Download Links:
https://mega.nz/#!uINXmBqT!QnZUwC-rzHaV ... LFAe3RnCjg
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-CT7 ... HlibUFxOGM

Hope you enjoy!

Matt_The_Slime
Lakitu
Lakitu
Current Project: Mario & Luigi: Thyme Time!

Re: Greywood Forest (Requires LunaLua for Music!)

Postby Matt_The_Slime » Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:05 pm

It's a pretty alright level!
There are some things that definitely need to be fixed, like the music. The music didn't work for me (and yes, I'm using the latest version of LunaLua), and that's mostly a me thing, but I would personally like it if the music was in mp3 format.

Secondly is some of the platforming. The bullet jump is a bit unnecessary, and so are one of the lava lotuses while you're ducking, as that might result in a very unfair hit.
The wall next to the pipe that takes you to the ckeckpoint needs to be raised, as you can jump over it, or just removed entirely.
Near the boss, that bullet wall, replace the actual bullet cannons with something else, or remove the generators, because one of those is useless.

The boss is alright too. Maybe remove those power up blocks in the middle, or put them aside.
My Project: Coming Soon!
I support
ImageImage Image

Return to “Levels”