Pipe Climb #BackToBasics

This is the place to post your own levels.
User avatar
Nien
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1664
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:13 pm
Location: under a rock
Contact:

Pipe Climb #BackToBasics

Postby Nien » Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:20 pm

I believe this is the first pipe level in this category, so I felt inspired and I needed to contribute to the cause!

NOTE: There's a secret tanooki suit in this level that can be legitimately obtained. Can you figure out how to find it?

SCREENSHOTS
Spoiler: show
Image
Image
Image
Image



DOWNLOAD
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nytv2l28zpjd6 ... b.zip?dl=0

User avatar
Valtteri
Cecil
Cecil
Posts: 2163
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:16 pm

Re: Pipe Climb #BackToBasics

Postby Valtteri » Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:06 pm

That is no way to use the giant empty ? blocks. I suspect you may just be a faker.
Image

User avatar
Nien
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1664
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:13 pm
Location: under a rock
Contact:

Re: Pipe Climb #BackToBasics

Postby Nien » Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:13 pm

I am sorry, I did not remember any other way to interconnect those pipes, I did what I could

I'm sorry if this goes against the etiquette

User avatar
Ace
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 527
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:50 pm

Re: Pipe Climb #BackToBasics

Postby Ace » Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:13 pm

Valtteri wrote:That is no way to use the giant empty ? blocks. I suspect you may just be a faker.

Custom graphics can make levels more similar to SMB3. However, custom graphics also make a level worse. Sometimes it's worth it to not include any custom graphics to maximize the quality of the level.
As for the level, this looks very interesting, I'm really getting a SMB3 World 7 vibe from this! I'll play this level later.

User avatar
PixelPest
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg
Posts: 5523
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:38 pm
Current Project: It's a secret for now...
Location: Canada, Eh?
Chat Username: Pix le Pest
Contact:

Re: Pipe Climb #BackToBasics

Postby PixelPest » Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:21 pm

Ace wrote:
Valtteri wrote:That is no way to use the giant empty ? blocks. I suspect you may just be a faker.

Custom graphics can make levels more similar to SMB3. However, custom graphics also make a level worse. Sometimes it's worth it to not include any custom graphics to maximize the quality of the level.
As for the level, this looks very interesting, I'm really getting a SMB3 World 7 vibe from this! I'll play this level later.

But your guidelines say they can be used if needed, which I suggest they are here and would make this level better
Image
My current project. (Demo 0.1 has been released!)

My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC49mUdTYysm3o4qR-A2LGnA

Check out a new dead SMBX Discord server; bots, media, VIP, and more: https://discord.gg/edgBUVM

Check out some cool LunaLua stuff:


My Graphics Pack: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=12472

My Levels: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=89&t=16349

User avatar
Ace
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 527
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:50 pm

Re: Pipe Climb #BackToBasics

Postby Ace » Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:22 pm

PixelPest wrote:
Ace wrote:
Valtteri wrote:That is no way to use the giant empty ? blocks. I suspect you may just be a faker.

Custom graphics can make levels more similar to SMB3. However, custom graphics also make a level worse. Sometimes it's worth it to not include any custom graphics to maximize the quality of the level.
As for the level, this looks very interesting, I'm really getting a SMB3 World 7 vibe from this! I'll play this level later.

But your guidelines say they can be used if needed, which I suggest they are here and would make this level better

Yes they can be used as needed, but the guidelines clearly state that custom graphics can only make levels worse, not better.
Sometimes you need to make your levels worse in order to achieve a certain look. Sometimes it's not worth it.

User avatar
Pseudo
Tellah
Tellah
Posts: 5460
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:04 am
Current Project: ???
Location: the atlantic coast

Re: Pipe Climb #BackToBasics

Postby Pseudo » Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:10 am

Nien wrote:I am sorry, I did not remember any other way to interconnect those pipes, I did what I could

I'm sorry if this goes against the etiquette

I would use the giant wood blocks to connect pipes, personally.

This was a fun level by the way, one of the best vanilla levels I've played in quite a while really.
Love and Tolerance FTW!!
previously Pseudo-dino but you probably guessed that yourself

come visit my YouTube channel, where I play games (including smbx)

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account 2016


My Switch friend code: 1353 - 7698 - 1308 (add me!)

so... i'm actually a girl

User avatar
glitch4
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Posts: 2384
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:43 pm
Current Project: Super Wrecking Wario Crew

Re: Pipe Climb #BackToBasics

Postby glitch4 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:52 am

short Review of Pipe Climb based on SMB3's standarts

This is a SMB3 level based on World 7 pipe maze one. The level design is nicely done, such as note blocks placed here and I love the NPC placement, as it looks great, too. The graphics aren't terrible and the decoration is done well. The secret tanooki suit idea is nicely done well. Overall, this is a pretty good level that features some smb3 world 7 vibes and I recommend everyone to try this out. 7.5/10

moved to pretty good
Image
25 YEARS OF WARIO!!!


Return to “Levels”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest