(WIP) Super Mario - The Seven Isles

This forum is for projects that are a work in progress.
derpeyman28
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:53 pm
Current Project: SUPER MARIO - The Seven Isles

(WIP) Super Mario - The Seven Isles

Postby derpeyman28 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:43 pm

Work in Progress

This project is a work in progress and is still in development... a very.. slooooooooooooooooooooow development.




[insert banner here]




Story

After the events of The Princess Cliche (it took alot of 1-up mushrooms btw) Mario and friends decide to go on a vacation. They went to an ancient archipelago know as the Seven Isles. But on the way they met... well, take a wild guess. Not is up to Mario and everybody else (including you) to save Daisy from the grasp of the evil koopa king that everyone knows.

Screenshots
Spoiler: show
Image
Worlds

World 1 - Grassy Hill Island(Complete!)
World 2 - Little Arid Island(Complete!)
World 3 - Vanilla Top Island(WIP)
World 4 - Tiny Tropic Island(haven't started)
World 5 - Spooky Wood Island(haven't started)
World 6 - Rocky Cliff Island(haven't started)
World 7 - Volcanic Mountain island(haven't started)
World 8 - Dark World(haven't started)
World ? - Special World(WIP)

World Screen shots (so far - to be updated)
Spoiler: show
Image
Image
Sorry if the sreenshots are too big. i used MS paint and copied and pasted the screenshots in paint
This section will be updated once a world is complete.

HELP WANTED!!!
You can send me links to tileset downloads and backgrounds and other types of GFX in the replies! Maybe I'll use it!
Here's what i really need:
  • Ice cap Zone tileset and background(s)
  • Carnical Night Zone tileset and background(s)
  • Banner
I AM MAKING DEMO!!!!
Last edited by derpeyman28 on Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image ImageImageImageImageImage
Put these gifs in your signature if you love undertale!!

User avatar
PopYoshi
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1797
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:48 pm
Current Project: Super Mario the Attack of Darkness

Re: (WIP) Super Mario - The Seven Isles

Postby PopYoshi » Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:44 pm

I like this project, but 2 things:

1. The worldmap has an error in the area where it is placed the level 6 and is uncomfortable also view the worldmap in full screen

2. I like how some levels are designed but one thing I personaly think the levels need more backgrounds
Image

Image

My project:

Image
Image

derpeyman28
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:53 pm
Current Project: SUPER MARIO - The Seven Isles

Re: (WIP) Super Mario - The Seven Isles

Postby derpeyman28 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:58 pm

Pop Yoshi Bros wrote:I like this project, but 2 things:

1. The worldmap has an error in the area where it is placed the level 6 and is uncomfortable also view the worldmap in full screen

2. I like how some levels are designed but one thing I personaly think the levels need more backgrounds
1. how do i put the world map in fullscreen without playing the actual game?

2. I'm new to this stuff just so you know.
Image ImageImageImageImageImage
Put these gifs in your signature if you love undertale!!

User avatar
PopYoshi
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1797
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:48 pm
Current Project: Super Mario the Attack of Darkness

Re: (WIP) Super Mario - The Seven Isles

Postby PopYoshi » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:37 pm

derpeyman28 wrote:
Pop Yoshi Bros wrote:I like this project, but 2 things:

1. The worldmap has an error in the area where it is placed the level 6 and is uncomfortable also view the worldmap in full screen

2. I like how some levels are designed but one thing I personaly think the levels need more backgrounds
1. how do i put the world map in fullscreen without playing the actual game?

2. I'm new to this stuff just so you know.
1. You can take screenshots of the world map in the editor and it not need put it in full screen

2. Ok, I understand completely
Image

Image

My project:

Image
Image

derpeyman28
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:53 pm
Current Project: SUPER MARIO - The Seven Isles

Re: (WIP) Super Mario - The Seven Isles

Postby derpeyman28 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:52 pm

Alo, i don't want to fix the error because that would ruin everything.
Image ImageImageImageImageImage
Put these gifs in your signature if you love undertale!!

Mable
Peach
Peach
Posts: 5835
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:23 am
Current Project: Account soon to be deleted
Chat Username: Account soon to be d
Contact:

Re: (WIP) Super Mario - The Seven Isles

Postby Mable » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:52 am

derpeyman28 wrote:Alo, i don't want to fix the error because that would ruin everything.
What would it ruin lol. It looks bad bc it doesn't fit there at all and thats a lame excuse "i don't wanna fix because it would ruin it"

Let's talk about the screens:

The smb 1 screen.. Hm well, why are there coins in a pit? They should be removed bc it may trick people to think theres a hidden warp resulting into death.


The second one: Idk where to begin actually since it looks like you can just skip through the level. Also so far you got 1 coin. Are there more? Who knows.

The smb3 one: This looks like people have to move to the right the whole time and then to the left? Why are there also randomly ping blocks? Couldn't you just stay on using the dungeon ones?

The smb2 one: Not much to say there looks ordinary.

The smw one: Looks like i can just stay above the whole time bc theres no upper walls there what i miss are coins and some bgos.

Second smb2 one: Idk what to expect there looks ordinary

Second smb3 one: Ordinary also.

That another smb3 one probably: Uhhh... pipe jumping.

Second smw one: That coin placement is something i dislike there. But finally a bgo that isn't water.

Another smb one: Looks like ordinary jumping.

Another smb2 one: Yeah eh not much to say just blowing shit up soon

Worldmap: The random water stuff looks bad and doesn't fit at all but u ain't fixing that even when 100 people will say so.

Desert: I see no reason why i should even go to level 5 unless theres something special and i also don't understand why beating level 5 leads in a straight lazy line to level 6 when i also just do level 4 first.

Rant done.

derpeyman28
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:53 pm
Current Project: SUPER MARIO - The Seven Isles

Re: (WIP) Super Mario - The Seven Isles

Postby derpeyman28 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:35 pm

Tinkerbell wrote:
derpeyman28 wrote:Alo, i don't want to fix the error because that would ruin everything.
What would it ruin lol. It looks bad bc it doesn't fit there at all and thats a lame excuse "i don't wanna fix because it would ruin it"

Let's talk about the screens:

The smb 1 screen.. Hm well, why are there coins in a pit? They should be removed bc it may trick people to think theres a hidden warp resulting into death.


The second one: Idk where to begin actually since it looks like you can just skip through the level. Also so far you got 1 coin. Are there more? Who knows.

The smb3 one: This looks like people have to move to the right the whole time and then to the left? Why are there also randomly ping blocks? Couldn't you just stay on using the dungeon ones?

The smb2 one: Not much to say there looks ordinary.

The smw one: Looks like i can just stay above the whole time bc theres no upper walls there what i miss are coins and some bgos.

Second smb2 one: Idk what to expect there looks ordinary

Second smb3 one: Ordinary also.

That another smb3 one probably: Uhhh... pipe jumping.

Second smw one: That coin placement is something i dislike there. But finally a bgo that isn't water.

Another smb one: Looks like ordinary jumping.

Another smb2 one: Yeah eh not much to say just blowing shit up soon

Worldmap: The random water stuff looks bad and doesn't fit at all but u ain't fixing that even when 100 people will say so.

Desert: I see no reason why i should even go to level 5 unless theres something special and i also don't understand why beating level 5 leads in a straight lazy line to level 6 when i also just do level 4 first.

Rant done.
Again, this is my first episode I've ever done. I will fix theses problems in another episode.

Also, the part that has the coins going down into death is in the TUTORIAL LEVEL!!! I try to use "teach the player without words" tactic on this level.
Last edited by Squishy Rex on Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged Double Post
Image ImageImageImageImageImage
Put these gifs in your signature if you love undertale!!

PixelPest
Link
Link
Posts: 7116
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:38 pm
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest
Contact:

Re: (WIP) Super Mario - The Seven Isles

Postby PixelPest » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:25 pm

derpeyman28 wrote:I will fix theses problems in another episode.
Why would you do that? Most of the problems apply to specific things in these levels, etc. so it's best just to fix them and then update this topic until you get it better. Most episodes go through many phases of critiquing, fixing, testing, and updating before they're complete. There's really no point in creating a whole other episode before you're done this one or you might make the same mistakes; or just fixing up this and calling it a new episode. Fix up this one and use it as a learning experience.
derpeyman28 wrote:Also, the part that has the coins going down into death is in the TUTORIAL LEVEL!!! I try to use "teach the player without words" tactic on this level.
Doesn't seem to tactical to me. It's already pretty obvious that falling into pits causes death; everyone knows that. (I hope.)
Last edited by PixelPest on Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

derpeyman28
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:53 pm
Current Project: SUPER MARIO - The Seven Isles

Re: (WIP) Super Mario - The Seven Isles

Postby derpeyman28 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:26 pm

Tinkerbell wrote:
derpeyman28 wrote:Alo, i don't want to fix the error because that would ruin everything.
What would it ruin lol. It looks bad bc it doesn't fit there at all and thats a lame excuse "i don't wanna fix because it would ruin it"

Let's talk about the screens:

The smb 1 screen.. Hm well, why are there coins in a pit? They should be removed bc it may trick people to think theres a hidden warp resulting into death.


The second one: Idk where to begin actually since it looks like you can just skip through the level. Also so far you got 1 coin. Are there more? Who knows.

The smb3 one: This looks like people have to move to the right the whole time and then to the left? Why are there also randomly ping blocks? Couldn't you just stay on using the dungeon ones?

The smb2 one: Not much to say there looks ordinary.

You'll see the full level when it comes out.
The smw one: Looks like i can just stay above the whole time bc theres no upper walls there what i miss are coins and some bgos.

Second smb2 one: Idk what to expect there looks ordinary

Second smb3 one: Ordinary also.

That another smb3 one probably: Uhhh... pipe jumping.

Second smw one: That coin placement is something i dislike there. But finally a bgo that isn't water.

Another smb one: Looks like ordinary jumping.

Another smb2 one: Yeah eh not much to say just blowing shit up soon

Worldmap: The random water stuff looks bad and doesn't fit at all but u ain't fixing that even when 100 people will say so.

Desert: I see no reason why i should even go to level 5 unless theres something special and i also don't understand why beating level 5 leads in a straight lazy line to level 6 when i also just do level 4 first.

Rant done.
Spoiler: show
Actually the skip leads to a secret exit >:D
You'll see the full level when it comes out.
Last edited by Squishy Rex on Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Merged Other Double Post
Image ImageImageImageImageImage
Put these gifs in your signature if you love undertale!!

User avatar
Squishy Rex
Mouser
Mouser
Posts: 1897
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:30 am
Current Project: SMBX2 Custom Assets Library
Chat Username: SquishyRex

Re: (WIP) Super Mario - The Seven Isles

Postby Squishy Rex » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:07 am

In case you were unaware, Double Posting isn't allowed, unless you have something like an update to contribute. Also, posts which simply say: "Actually the skip leads to a secret exit >:D" are also incredibly pointless. Please refrain from doing this in future, and if there is anything else you wish to add to your recent posts, please do so via the edit button.
Squishy Rex's SMBX2 Custom Asset Pack v1.0
Image
Coming soon!

Mable
Peach
Peach
Posts: 5835
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:23 am
Current Project: Account soon to be deleted
Chat Username: Account soon to be d
Contact:

Re: (WIP) Super Mario - The Seven Isles

Postby Mable » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:38 am

"This is my first episode" Isn't a excuse just bc it's the first ot doesn't have to be having a lot of errors.

derpeyman28
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:53 pm
Current Project: SUPER MARIO - The Seven Isles

Re: (WIP) Super Mario - The Seven Isles

Postby derpeyman28 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:37 pm

Tinkerbell wrote:"This is my first episode" Isn't a excuse just bc it's the first ot doesn't have to be having a lot of errors.
Alright then.. how about i make a demo after i finish world 3? Then i'll show you

speaking of errors (coins specifically) i added those coins... but i think i added too many
Last edited by Squishy Rex on Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged Double Post
Image ImageImageImageImageImage
Put these gifs in your signature if you love undertale!!


Return to “Projects”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests