Yoshi's Paradise

This forum is for projects that are a work in progress.
12Me21
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Current Project: Contest entry

Re: Yoshi's Paradise

Postby 12Me21 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:06 pm

Also, Instead of having a gradient for the painting background, there should be a picture, like leaves for the forest, or an ice block for the ice world.
I support:
Spoiler: show
Short Signatures!

12Me21
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Current Project: Contest entry

Postby 12Me21 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:02 am

SuperWingedYoshi wrote:
FanofSMBX wrote:I'm sorry but the piranha is 1x1. It should be resized double to look good.
I've just edited the first post and mentioned that there:
I wrote:Yes, I know the Piranha Plant looks odd, I'll have to fix that.
If I make it 2x2 and leave it in the Piranha Plant slot, the sprite will be cut off because it'd be bigger than the size of the original SMB3 Piranha Plant which I replaced (modifying gfxwidth and gfxheight didn't help).
which piranha plant are you replacing? there's a bigger one, I think
I support:
Short Signatures!

SuperWingedYoshi
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Current Project: Yoshi's Paradise

Postby SuperWingedYoshi » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:04 pm

12Me21 wrote:Is this... still being worked on?
It's sorta on hiatus because I'm playing other games right now, but I will definitely get back to this. Cancellation is not an option.
goombaguy wrote:Could you add some backgrounds to the black background levels.
Originally I intended to use the pitch-black backgrounds to simulate an extremely dark or deep cave... But seeing that all the tiles are pretty bright in contrast, I should probably add a BG. Thanks for the heads-up!
And maybe soften up on the bunches of power ups and veggies in the item room looking place.
That's the Yoshi's Mall Warehouse. I could replace the veggies with tons of crates... but that's all I could do.
Good luck!
Thanks!
12Me21 wrote:Also, Instead of having a gradient for the painting background, there should be a picture, like leaves for the forest, or an ice block for the ice world.
Good idea! Originally I wanted to keep those paintings (or rather, indicators which Yoshi is the head of the territory behind this door or pipe) as simple as possible while still making them look good. I'll try to experiment with more fitting pictures as backgrounds.
12Me21 wrote:
SuperWingedYoshi wrote:
FanofSMBX wrote:I'm sorry but the piranha is 1x1. It should be resized double to look good.
I've just edited the first post and mentioned that there:
I wrote:Yes, I know the Piranha Plant looks odd, I'll have to fix that.
If I make it 2x2 and leave it in the Piranha Plant slot, the sprite will be cut off because it'd be bigger than the size of the original SMB3 Piranha Plant which I replaced (modifying gfxwidth and gfxheight didn't help).
which piranha plant are you replacing? there's a bigger one, I think
Don't worry, the issue is already fixed. I am replacing the bigger one you're talking about (npc-74). Plus, sideways YI Piranha Plants (replacing npc-52) work too. :)
My SMBX project: Yoshi's Paradise!

Projects I support:

DerpMcSkerp20
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Current Project: A New Roblox Game, and a level to put onto the next competition in SMBX

Postby DerpMcSkerp20 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:44 am

i have to say this looks pretty cool!
the story is pretty cheesy *LIKE EVERY MARIO GAME EVER to be honest* but aint gonna say thats a bad thing,
the world map looks simple in the sky worlds, but i cant wait to play this game, just because of the story!
anyway, looks like a cool game

edit: im also guessing star palace leads to secret world 9?
You can always get stuff done by being lazy!
My Steam ID:
Games I play and Usernames:
Minecraft: RainbeuYoshi, Roblox: PlatinumDrago458

glitch4
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby glitch4 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:36 am

DerpMcSkerp20 wrote:i have to say this looks pretty cool!
the story is pretty cheesy *LIKE EVERY MARIO GAME EVER to be honest* but aint gonna say thats a bad thing,
the world map looks simple in the sky worlds, but i cant wait to play this game, just because of the story!

Not sure if you're blind or didn't see his profile, but I don't think he's going to finish it.

SuperWingedYoshi
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby SuperWingedYoshi » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:03 pm

glitch4 wrote:

Not sure if you're blind or didn't see his profile, but I don't think he's going to finish it.
Hey, slow down, I ain't dead. I still get notifs for this topic via e-mail so I saw the reply. :P Of course I'm replying to that. It's just not like I'm checking into the forum every day.

Thanks! The story is cheesy because I'm uncreative. :P The world map is just a beta, it's yet to be changed.
Glad you're excited! I'm on my holidays right now and if I get the motivation I'll continue this project while I can. It may seem cancelled from all the inactivity but it was just on hiatus. :P

Oh and the Star Palace just works as some kind of hub for quick access to all worlds... well, after you finished the game and unlocked the Yoshis that is. World 9 can be accessed normally by beating World 8. Or at least that's what I was planning to do.

Projects I support:

Arceus88
Blooper
Blooper
Current Project: A 2in1 compilation episode: Bowser's Adventure + Arceus88's Boss Rush

Postby Arceus88 » Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:00 am

2033 AD? Damn that's long! Its not yet future however :lol: , and still Yoshis live. I think I'm gonna read this topic more. Next, KOOPALINGS except Larry ARE COOKED?! Are you a madman ?! :lol: :o :lol: Just kidding! Its okay, at least its 2033. I'm gonna try this project when its released.
Please try my project (I'm begging you. :( ). The full version will be released in Middle or Late 2016.
Note: The boss rush will be available in the release, so it's not yet available.

SuperWingedYoshi
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby SuperWingedYoshi » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:40 am

Arceus88 wrote:2033 AD? Damn that's long! Its not yet future however :lol: , and still Yoshis live. I think I'm gonna read this topic more. Next, KOOPALINGS except Larry ARE COOKED?! Are you a madman ?! :lol: :o :lol: Just kidding! Its okay, at least its 2033. I'm gonna try this project when its released.
Thanks for your comment on the storyline. :P
2033 AD, well I set it into the future on purpose since nobody in the present would really think about cooking Koopalings, but nobody knows what the future might offer. :P
I was thinking, in 2033 AD people just have enough of the old dull storyline that Peach is kidnapped by Bowser over and over and Mario and Luigi have to deal with the Koopalings over and over and went on a rampage to get rid of the bad guys and have Mario and Luigi be able to go back to their old jobs as plumbers. :lol:
Yoshis will always be there since they can never really die. When they fall down a pit, die in lava or anything, they'll always somehow respawn in their eggs.

Projects I support:

Return to “Projects”