The Twilight Star

This forum is for projects that are a work in progress.
Kyo
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Current Project: The Twilight Star

Re: The Twilight Star

Postby Kyo » Wed May 14, 2014 6:42 pm

This isn't level doesn't take place in deep sea, but if I had illuminated plants and enemies graphics, I'd think about it.

E: Ooops, I accidentally included the same screenshot to the world 2 spoiler and removed 2-5's screenshot. Will make sure to fix it now.

FanofSMBX
Bowser
Bowser

Postby FanofSMBX » Wed May 14, 2014 6:57 pm

When will the new demo be out?

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
My graphics pack!
Supporting forums:

Spoiler: show
SMBX Galaxy forum by Pivot40Channel
http://smbxgalaxy.prophpbb.com/
Come to the SMBX+ forums by illias3000. There is a whole forum category dedicated to the boss rush series with official rushes, submit bosses, and fan boss rushes! It is still open but AirSeus Forums is now open:
http://nsmbx.prophpbb.com/
AirSeus Forums the new home of the Boss Rush series:
http://smbxairseusforums.prophpbb.com/
First to discover:
Spark
Eerie
Grinder
Rainbow Shell
Birdo
Boom Boom
KINGBOWSER112 RULES!

Kyo
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby Kyo » Wed May 14, 2014 7:02 pm

I'm trying my best to bring it out before summer vacation starts, so in early July.

Kyo
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby Kyo » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:21 am

It's not early July anymore, too bad! I had to work on my contest level and then slacked off for like, five days or so, which means I couldn't work on this for like, two weeks. But it's not dead! I've been working quite hard on this, and finally finished the special level of world 2 that was a pain to design. I've made a lot of other changes, and finished designing 14 bonus levels, which took really long actually. But anyway, here have a screenshot. It's been time:
Sorry, couldn't resist. I guess I'm like, the biggest DK fan in the community. And yes, those barrels work, but they hide once used. I'd consider this level as the best one I ever made, along with Dramatic Deterrence, my SMBX: R Contest entry. Image

Natsu
Wart
Wart
Current Project: It's a secret to everybody ...
Chat Username: Shane

Postby Natsu » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:27 am

Let me guess, you used the pipe cannon glitch to make the barrel actually blast Mario right?

I can't help myself to hear the Bramble Blast music whenever I look to that screenshot. I'm not BIG fan of DK, but I certainly love the game, overall DKC3. By the way, why not show the other 14 levels as well? Or half of them? Anyway, what's that plant thingy on the top-right corner of the screenshot?
Discord quotes
Trace: You're a capable boi

Kyo
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby Kyo » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:33 am

No, otherwise you need to press down to do it and it would heavily limit my possibilities. For instance, moving barrels wouldn't be possible with this glitch, and sideway barrels wouldn't work either. This works similarly to the exploding gimmick in Dramatic Deterrence. This is how it works:

The barrel is a friendly SMB2 mushroom block with foreground=1 (The top part is bgo, so not the entire barrel is fgo. It really looks like you are realistically jumping into it) and nogravity=1, and there is an axe in it with nogravity=1 as well. Once you take the axe, invisible blocks will appear (in this case below you) and throw you up.

I used Stickerbush Symphony in this, so you'll probably enjoy it. The plant thing is a bgo, which I deleted later because I didn't like it, so this is kinda outdated.

goombaguy
Ripper II
Ripper II
Flair: AKA Kiyoshi
Current Project: 6 Returning Coins

Postby goombaguy » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:02 am

This is an awesome project. I can't wait to play it.
DISCORD: kiyoshi#7569
MY TWITTER

GameClip477
Hoopster
Hoopster

Postby GameClip477 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:59 pm

Wow, I can really see the connection to Super Mario Star Expedition. For your World 2 last screenshot, I find the background to be strange of using blue. I think that you should use a darker green or a mixture of brown and green to make it look like it your really inside vines :/. Other than that, I'm really look forward of playing it.

Kyo
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby Kyo » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:07 pm

Are you talking about the sky behind the brambles? It's actually supposed to have some sky feeling to it. I might try it out recoloring, but I won't be able to make it look like you are realistically inside the brambles without adding some handmade detail unfortunately. I'm not capable to do that. Thanks for your comment, though!

Darkonius Mavakar
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Flair: Dreams of a forgotten reality
Current Project: Dormiveglia

Postby Darkonius Mavakar » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:15 am

Wow how come i didn't notice this before?
this looks pretty good!
i'm digging the bramble level :3
My latest SMBX episode
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =36&t=1805

Please stop stealing all the assets made for Delightful Adventure specifically, thanks.

My media links:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Darkonius64
Ko-Fi: https://ko-fi.com/Z8Z68EHJ

Support my indie game Dormiveglia!
https://twitter.com/DormivegliaGame

Kyo
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby Kyo » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:51 pm

Thanks! I'm glad you like it!

Natsu
Wart
Wart
Current Project: It's a secret to everybody ...
Chat Username: Shane

Postby Natsu » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:52 pm

How is this project going by the way? Any new levels?
Discord quotes
Trace: You're a capable boi

Kyo
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby Kyo » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:06 pm

I did use the tileset of the main hub in a wrong way, the insides of it, so I had to partially redesign it. I did sprite some tilesets and other graphics for this, but that's it. Not much. I'm currently trying to finish the five remaining mini-games (designing one mini-game usually takes three hours up to five hours), and then I'm going to design the boss. Idk how long those things will take, but I don't expect to get it finished in less than a week.

Sambo
Blooper
Blooper
Current Project: SMBX2, Mario & the 7 Orbs

Postby Sambo » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:42 pm

The screenshots for this episode look impressive, without any clash or cut offs, and the custom graphics look well-done. Looking forward to playing this. :)

Kyo
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby Kyo » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:53 pm

I have decided to post some videos this time. I feel like, screenshot don't really show the nature of this episode, so here are three videos; one about a level, and two about mini-games. Please note the mini-games will only be available in the LunaDLL-version.

This is the first level. Some might remember this from the first demo, but it was heavily modified. You can't even recognize it anymore. I also chose this level because I thought it represents the nature of the episode extremely well.

There are six types of mini-games. Time Rush, which is the one presented in the video above, is one of those types. This is the easiest Time Rush challenge.

Another type of mini-game is Avoid Coins. If you collect a coin, you die instantly.
Oh, and thanks to Emral for uploading those.

And that's it. I hope you stay tuned for more. I'm really working hard on this and any kind of support will really help me out. I have to stay motivated. So comments are highly appreciated, and I mean both, compliments AND criticism.

zlaker
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby zlaker » Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:09 pm

Those challenges looks pretty neat. My favoriite is probably the last one you showed off. Excellent job on the challenges.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
I make art lol

Darkonius Mavakar
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Flair: Dreams of a forgotten reality
Current Project: Dormiveglia

Postby Darkonius Mavakar » Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:11 pm

i saw Emral's videos, the levels look very nice, especially the challenges and the levels aren't tediously long, good work!
My latest SMBX episode
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =36&t=1805

Please stop stealing all the assets made for Delightful Adventure specifically, thanks.

My media links:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Darkonius64
Ko-Fi: https://ko-fi.com/Z8Z68EHJ

Support my indie game Dormiveglia!
https://twitter.com/DormivegliaGame

Kyo
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby Kyo » Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:39 pm

Thanks a lot, guys! I'm glad you like it!
zlakerboy357 wrote:My favoriite is probably the last one you showed off.
That one is probably one of my favorites, too. But from all challenges so far, this one is probably the most fun to play. Idk if it's just me. I'll do a harder version of it, too. You'll see that in Demo 6 or so, lol.
Darkonius Mavakar wrote:i saw Emral's videos, the levels look very nice, especially the challenges and the levels aren't tediously long, good work!
I really pay attention not to make those too long. There really won't be any challenge taking a minute unless you purposely try to procrastinate. And the levels won't be longer than like, five minutes as well. I think that's important because I don't want the player to replay so much if they die. It also makes the designing more convenient for me.

SuperMario7
Ripper II
Ripper II
Current Project: Super Mario Legends Part I

Postby SuperMario7 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:01 pm

The new videos look great! I like how you're incorporating minigames into your project. They sound really fun.
Check out my current project that I am making with DarkMecha!

Kyo
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby Kyo » Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:42 pm

Thanks! Glad to see you like it!

Return to “Projects”