TGCA REMAKE! (New screenshot + July trailer!!!)

This forum is for projects that are a work in progress.
User avatar
Mariofan5000
Spiny
Spiny
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:12 am
Current Project: The Legend of Bowser

Re: TGCA REMAKE! (Tests #1 and #5, info on Test levels!)

Postby Mariofan5000 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:51 am

castlewars wrote:Still going on well, but this time with some more completed levels. This time around, it's the turn of two of the Test levels, Test #1 and Test #5 (I'm doing the levels in no particular order as it's a hub episode). Here's screenshots of both Test #1 and Test #5 respectively (there will be no screenshots of Tests #2, #3, #4 and #6 as it's easy to guess what they'll look like based on the screens of #1 and #5):
Spoiler: show
Image
Image
You should have noticed, looking at Test #5's screenshot, that I've changed the looks and the designs of them. In the original TGCA, Tests #1 to #4 were SMB1 levels 1-1, 1-2, 3-1 and 8-1, while Tests #5 and #6 were SMB2 levels 1-1 and 2-1. However, here's how it'll play in the remake with the Test levels and which levels they'll be:

Tests #1 and #2 - SMB1 levels 1-1 and 1-2
Tests #3 and #4 - SMB2 levels 1-1 and 2-1
Test #5 and #6 - SMB3 levels 1-1 and 1-2

As you should have guessed, they will be in 8-bit instead of 16-bit, and adhere as faithfully possible to the original levels.
I suggest you add an extra block to the bottom of each level, otherwise they feel too... low. For SMB styled levels, you should change the BGO for the bushes, as they were 8 pixels to the right of they are in the screenshot. And you should make some cloud and hills BGOs to be more faithful to the original. As for SMB2 and 3, I suggest reripping the sprites yourself, as those colors provided in the GFX packs are kinda ugly. Otherwise, I don't really remember if there were any test levels in the original.
Last edited by bossedit8 on Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Quote - Spoiler at the Images added
Image
I support:
Spoiler: show
Image

User avatar
HeroLinik
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Posts: 3433
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:28 pm
Current Project: Stupid university assignments :/
Location: I do not want you Stalkers.
Chat Username: Look below my avatar
Contact:

Re: TGCA REMAKE! (Tests #1 and #5, info on Test levels!)

Postby HeroLinik » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:31 am

Mariofan5000 wrote:Otherwise, I don't really remember if there were any test levels in the original.
Spoiler: show
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
These have to ring a bell somehow. These are the entrances to the Test levels from the original TGCA.
Mariofan5000 wrote:As for SMB2 and 3, I suggest reripping the sprites yourself, as those colors provided in the GFX packs are kinda ugly.
Or even better, I could recolor the sprites given in the GFX pack using the original NES palette, saving the need to actually rip them.
Last edited by bossedit8 on Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed Signature

User avatar
HeroLinik
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Posts: 3433
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:28 pm
Current Project: Stupid university assignments :/
Location: I do not want you Stalkers.
Chat Username: Look below my avatar
Contact:

Re: TGCA REMAKE! (Joke levels confirmed!)

Postby HeroLinik » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:28 am

NEW UPDATE!

As I promised earlier, there will be new levels in place of the old ones, and this also includes a number of joke levels! In fact, there will be another section of the castle, the deepest part, which will only consist of joke levels, or basically, a joke levels room! I won't tell you what's in these levels, but here's one to start you off. Guess what it's based off:

Image
Image
I support: show
Lol, you got trolled. Move along, if you please.
Check out my content on YouTube! // Don't forget to check out my project as well!

montague
Spiny
Spiny
Posts: 52
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:21 pm

Re: TGCA REMAKE! (Joke levels confirmed!)

Postby montague » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:31 am

castlewars wrote:NEW UPDATE!

As I promised earlier, there will be new levels in place of the old ones, and this also includes a number of joke levels! In fact, there will be another section of the castle, the deepest part, which will only consist of joke levels, or basically, a joke levels room! I won't tell you what's in these levels, but here's one to start you off. Guess what it's based off:
Spoiler: show
Image
I wouldn't add that. You might ruin the legacy.
Last edited by bossedit8 on Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Quote - Spoiler at the Image added

User avatar
Mariofan5000
Spiny
Spiny
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:12 am
Current Project: The Legend of Bowser

Re: TGCA REMAKE! (Joke levels confirmed!)

Postby Mariofan5000 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:40 am

montague wrote:
castlewars wrote:NEW UPDATE!

As I promised earlier, there will be new levels in place of the old ones, and this also includes a number of joke levels! In fact, there will be another section of the castle, the deepest part, which will only consist of joke levels, or basically, a joke levels room! I won't tell you what's in these levels, but here's one to start you off. Guess what it's based off:
Spoiler: show
Image
I wouldn't add that. You might ruin the legacy.
I agree.
Image
I support:
Spoiler: show
Image

silent_
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Posts: 2156
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:34 pm
Current Project: something
Location: USA

Re: TGCA REMAKE! (Joke levels confirmed!)

Postby silent_ » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:43 am

Yeah, joke levels aren't necessary at all, because this is a "great castle adventure", and it's not any joke that you're going through castles fighting bosses.

So, I highly suggest you remove them, otherwise this project will be a mess.
previously known as Kep

User avatar
krazykat
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Posts: 2642
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:47 pm
Flair: resident cat
Current Project: life
Location: Sleeping
Chat Username: krazykat
Contact:

Re: TGCA REMAKE! (Joke levels confirmed!)

Postby krazykat » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:53 am

They are just bonuses, I say have them, but not required to win.

User avatar
HeroLinik
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Posts: 3433
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:28 pm
Current Project: Stupid university assignments :/
Location: I do not want you Stalkers.
Chat Username: Look below my avatar
Contact:

Re: TGCA REMAKE! (Joke levels confirmed!)

Postby HeroLinik » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:09 pm

KoolKat wrote:They are just bonuses, I say have them, but not required to win.
That was my plan. You don't need to go to the joke levels in order to collect enough stars to reach Bowser (you can do so from the regular levels); they are just optional extras which are only accessible after the player has a lot of stars. However, they are required to unlock the original TGCA, which is only unlockable after getting a perfect score.
Image
I support: show
Lol, you got trolled. Move along, if you please.
Check out my content on YouTube! // Don't forget to check out my project as well!

User avatar
krazykat
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Posts: 2642
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:47 pm
Flair: resident cat
Current Project: life
Location: Sleeping
Chat Username: krazykat
Contact:

Re: TGCA REMAKE! (Joke levels confirmed!)

Postby krazykat » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:10 pm

I was going to suggest making them hidden after beating both the new and the original TGCA, but that idea is cool too.

glitch4
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Posts: 2537
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 3:43 pm

Re: TGCA REMAKE! (Joke levels confirmed!)

Postby glitch4 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:53 pm

I don't wanna see these joke levels in this AWESOME project , because that ruins the whole thing.

User avatar
HeroLinik
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Posts: 3433
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:28 pm
Current Project: Stupid university assignments :/
Location: I do not want you Stalkers.
Chat Username: Look below my avatar
Contact:

Re: TGCA REMAKE! (Joke levels confirmed!)

Postby HeroLinik » Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:41 pm

LitDude wrote:I don't wanna see these joke levels in this AWESOME project , because that ruins the whole thing.
Only five levels will be joke levels. The rest are really good ones. And that's also why I'm only allowing you to see the first joke level and not the others.
Image
I support: show
Lol, you got trolled. Move along, if you please.
Check out my content on YouTube! // Don't forget to check out my project as well!

User avatar
FanofSMBX
Bowser
Bowser
Posts: 3833
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:01 pm

Re: TGCA REMAKE! (Joke levels confirmed!)

Postby FanofSMBX » Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:43 pm

This is why TOB makes the joke levels not have stars.

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
My graphics pack!
Supporting forums:

Spoiler: show
SMBX Galaxy forum by Pivot40Channel
http://smbxgalaxy.prophpbb.com/
Come to the SMBX+ forums by illias3000. There is a whole forum category dedicated to the boss rush series with official rushes, submit bosses, and fan boss rushes! It is still open but AirSeus Forums is now open:
http://nsmbx.prophpbb.com/
AirSeus Forums the new home of the Boss Rush series:
http://smbxairseusforums.prophpbb.com/
Spoiler: show
First to discover:
Spark
Eerie
Grinder
Rainbow Shell
Birdo
Boom Boom
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
KINGBOWSER112 RULES!


User avatar
HeroLinik
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Posts: 3433
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:28 pm
Current Project: Stupid university assignments :/
Location: I do not want you Stalkers.
Chat Username: Look below my avatar
Contact:

Re: TGCA REMAKE! (Joke levels confirmed!)

Postby HeroLinik » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:04 pm

FanofSMBX wrote:This is why TOB makes the joke levels not have stars.
I thought they didn't have stars because some of them were uncompletable, like Block Bollocks...
Image
I support: show
Lol, you got trolled. Move along, if you please.
Check out my content on YouTube! // Don't forget to check out my project as well!

User avatar
Prado
Lakitu
Lakitu
Posts: 498
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:10 am
Location: Brazil

Re: TGCA REMAKE! (Joke levels confirmed!)

Postby Prado » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:39 pm

:D Sure this is going to be very very nice!

User avatar
Darkonius Mavakar
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Posts: 1646
Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:45 pm
Flair: Pizza
Current Project: None as of now.
Location: Italy.
Contact:

Re: TGCA REMAKE! (Joke levels confirmed!)

Postby Darkonius Mavakar » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:42 pm

why are you making joke levels in this.

you're doing the wrong thing.

montague
Spiny
Spiny
Posts: 52
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:21 pm

Re: TGCA REMAKE! (Joke levels confirmed!)

Postby montague » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:53 pm

I seriously advise against joke levels. They're not really that funny IMO.

User avatar
mariogeek2
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Posts: 697
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:46 pm
Current Project: 4 me 2 no, & u 2 find out.
Location: U.S.A
Chat Username: Mariogeek2

Re: TGCA REMAKE! (Joke levels confirmed!)

Postby mariogeek2 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:31 pm

Darkonius Mavakar wrote:why are you making joke levels in this.

you're doing the wrong thing.
I disagree. Joke levels aren't that bad. If done right, they can be really fun. And, while the probability of a joke level winning a community contest is less than 1%, they can really shine in some areas. Take for example the Community Contest 6 level 'Valtteri's Bladder'. That was a joke level, and it got ranked higher than some serious levels such as 'Bataice's Castle' and 'Crying Chambers'. It was fun, and it had epic music along with some funny music. It was funny and fun at the same time. Besides, he said he's only making five in the entire project. That's not a whole lot when compared to all the other levels that's going to be made in the episode. As long as there isn't a whole lot of cut-off, and the level isn't unfair (I'm looking at you Block Bollocks), then these should be pretty fun joke levels.
Spoiler: show
Image
Blasphemy! How dare you both! My respect for y'all just went down a major amount.

Also, Valterri, while AM2R's soundtrack is not perfect, how can you say that it's organic, atmospheric tracks should have sounded more like your electronic beep-boops? M2/AM2R takes place on a world dominated by nature, so why in the heck do you use so many artificial-sounding instruments for your tracks?

User avatar
meowflash
Blooper
Blooper
Posts: 194
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:27 pm

Re: TGCA REMAKE! (Joke levels confirmed!)

Postby meowflash » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:16 pm

How about a joke level that takes place in a Flappy Bird-esque level where you have to traverse a grassland/city filled with pipes while avoiding a flock of birds that ends with a boss fight against a giant bird with a crown?
Mah Staph: I Support The Following Below...
Spoiler: show
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
mariogeek2
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Posts: 697
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:46 pm
Current Project: 4 me 2 no, & u 2 find out.
Location: U.S.A
Chat Username: Mariogeek2

Re: TGCA REMAKE! (Joke levels confirmed!)

Postby mariogeek2 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:30 pm

meowflash wrote:How about a joke level that takes place in a Flappy Bird-esque level where you have to traverse a grassland/city filled with pipes while avoiding a flock of birds that ends with a boss fight against a giant bird with a crown?
That'd be pretty...interesting. I just might do that for my episode.
Spoiler: show
Image
Blasphemy! How dare you both! My respect for y'all just went down a major amount.

Also, Valterri, while AM2R's soundtrack is not perfect, how can you say that it's organic, atmospheric tracks should have sounded more like your electronic beep-boops? M2/AM2R takes place on a world dominated by nature, so why in the heck do you use so many artificial-sounding instruments for your tracks?

User avatar
HeroLinik
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Posts: 3433
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:28 pm
Current Project: Stupid university assignments :/
Location: I do not want you Stalkers.
Chat Username: Look below my avatar
Contact:

Re: TGCA REMAKE! (Joke levels confirmed!)

Postby HeroLinik » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:18 am

Thanks for the suggestions, guys! I just finished Winter Kingdom, and it's confirmed that there will be four joke levels. Three of them have been confirmed already:

An Amateur Lands level
A very clashy level with cutoffs everywhere
A Block Bollocks-esque level
?????????

However I will tell you that the other joke level is a mock-serious level: it tries to play seriously, but it is actually funny.

And are you wondering why I'm putting joke levels in? Around the time the original TGCA was being made in the days of 1.1.2, joke levels weren't really much of a fad back then, and it was all just serious levels, but as time passed, joke levels became popular, especially with community contests and for having a laugh. I stuck in joke levels as a way to show that the SMBX community has evolved and is different from what it was around TGCA's release.
Image
I support: show
Lol, you got trolled. Move along, if you please.
Check out my content on YouTube! // Don't forget to check out my project as well!


Return to “Projects”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests