SMBXVille Under Siege!(Community PJCT; Need Levels)

This forum is for projects that are a work in progress.
TangledLion
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Re: SMBXVille Under Seige!(Community project,Signups needed!

Postby TangledLion » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:39 pm

goombaguy wrote:Uh... This looks quite basic. Maybe less. Where is all the enemies, backgrounds, coins. Is there any place that has more than just a few things on it?
That is because We haven't Really made any levels yet, the screenshots are of the intro area.
I'll be honest, I'm not sure If I'm gonna come back here...

Fuyu
Wart
Wart
Current Project: Super Mario Fantasy
Chat Username: take a guess

Postby Fuyu » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:50 pm

I have a suggestion, what about adding a dialog writter? You know, for many NPCs you may want to add, or even make the plot and relation between characters richer.

TangledLion
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Postby TangledLion » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:12 pm

Hmmm... I think that should be something the judges do during QC stage.(Maybe then People would more willing to be one)

Fuyu
Wart
Wart

Postby Fuyu » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:56 pm

I have a spritesheet for my boss fight. I want it to be attached to a Lakitu, and will eventually hide showing the other pose which will shoot several rinkas (the ones I've made in the same spritesheet) at the player. After that he will stay idle somewhere in the screen waiting to be damaged.

TangledLion
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Postby TangledLion » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:19 am

Looks great!

Quick announcement, This week I'll be working with my dad in the evenings to earn some extra cash, so since I'll Probably not have much time throughout the day(Schoolwork and Housework FTW!) and the extra work, means I'll still be able to update, so feel free to sign up for stuff! I just won't get to it till later at night.

DatDude
Lakitu
Lakitu
Current Project: Super Mario: Battle For The Stars

Postby DatDude » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:16 am

Natsu wrote:I have a spritesheet for my boss fight. I want it to be attached to a Lakitu, and will eventually hide showing the other pose which will shoot several rinkas (the ones I've made in the same spritesheet) at the player. After that he will stay idle somewhere in the screen waiting to be damaged.
Spoiler: show
How did you do the sprites?
Last edited by bossedit8 on Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Quote - Spoiler at the Image added
My Project:
On Mafia i like lying, deceiving and trains. Wait, how did you get this information?!
I support these peeps.
Well, except MNIE, because he's drunk though but yeah.

This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 999 character limit.

Fuyu
Wart
Wart

Postby Fuyu » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:30 am

DatDude wrote:
Natsu wrote:I have a spritesheet for my boss fight. I want it to be attached to a Lakitu, and will eventually hide showing the other pose which will shoot several rinkas (the ones I've made in the same spritesheet) at the player. After that he will stay idle somewhere in the screen waiting to be damaged.
How did you do the sprites?
Ummh ... with Paint.NET? And time?

Nah, I actually used the FFIV PSP's Golbez Sprite and then modified it a bit, including the enlarged size and animated cape.

HeroLinik
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Current Project: TCGA Remake
Chat Username: Look below my avatar

Postby HeroLinik » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:40 am

TangledLion wrote:Looks great!

Quick announcement, This week I'll be working with my dad in the evenings to earn some extra cash, so since I'll Probably not have much time throughout the day(Schoolwork and Housework FTW!) and the extra work, means I'll still be able to update, so feel free to sign up for stuff! I just won't get to it till later at night.
I think I've got an idea that will speed up the creation of this episode.

Can I design my castle myself, based on criteria that you give me for it? That way I've got a good understanding of what style, tileset and music to use, and that I know myself that my castle is Frozen-themed. I'll design it as far as the boss fight, and you can take it from there. Does that sound good?
I support: show
Lol, you got trolled. Move along, if you please.
YouTube channel

Moderator of the r/Pokemon Discord server since 2019.

TangledLion
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Postby TangledLion » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:53 pm

castlewars wrote:
TangledLion wrote:Looks great!

I think I've got an idea that will speed up the creation of this episode.

Can I design my castle myself, based on criteria that you give me for it? That way I've got a good understanding of what style, tileset and music to use, and that I know myself that my castle is Frozen-themed. I'll design it as far as the boss fight, and you can take it from there. Does that sound good?
Well right now I'm still waiting for signups, we can make levels in the level design stage, but if you want to make your castle then that is fine, you can sign up as a level designer, and just make the castle. The main reasons I need signups are:

1. We need judges to make sure the levels submitted are good quality. (Considering the fact that you are an official forum Judge could make you a good choice if you are interested as you know what makes a good level, and you can update the OP when people sign up)
2. We need more people to give us permission to use their likeness in this episode, otherwise we'll be forced to people who DIDN'T Specify if they wanted in the game be in the game and that would mean upsetting people, which I Don't want to do...(The reason I feel I can get away with Joey and Valltari, is because they RUN the forums, and you can't have a game about the community without them...)

But for your castle's boss fight I had an idea, see, the reason I objected to your ideas were that they either would make too much boss fight time and seem final-boss worthy, or have a Pushover fight just before a real fight, neither of which makes for a good Regular castle fight. Now, I thought from the beginning that when a user is "Hacked" in the game he acts like a robot till you defeat him and then he talks to you, saying something true to the spirit of the actual user, and giving you a star so you can reach the next forum.

So, after that long background, In this spoiler I have the fight itself:
So Mario arrives and enters the boss room,the music stops. Your hacked self is on a ledge FAR out reach, he then says "MARIO, I WAS WARNED SOMEONE WAS TAKING US OUT,(Your castle Should probably be world 1 or 2) BUT I DID NOT EXPECT YOU... YOU HAVE DEFEATED BOWSER MORE TIMES THAN MOST CAN COUNT, AND SINCE MY HOST HAS EQUAL STRENGTH TO BOWSER, I INDICATE ONLY A 98.7% CHANCE OF MY SUCCESS. THEREFORE: I WILL USE A MECH BELONGING TO MY HOST THAT SHOULD INCREASE MY CHANCES..."The "Let It Go Cover" either Starts here, or is replaced by other boss music(Preferably the first, but it depends on if you want it in the main part of the castle) as the ledge turns into a platform, it lowers a bit the the Elsa Mech appears in a puff of smoke around Hacked you, and he then says "BEHOLD MECHA-ELSA !"

The fight then consists of dodging Ice-Magic Blats, waiting for the Frozen Troll-Bots to pop out of the ground in obvious spots, so you can hurl them at Mecha-Elsa's Head to destroy her and free you form the hacking(There should probably be some kind of "Hacking-Chip" graphic put on the hacked users, that is gone when you beat them, to let the player know when they are free) and you thank Mario with some dialogue, and then gives him a star.

HeroLinik
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Cyan Yoshi Egg

Postby HeroLinik » Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:24 am

TangledLion wrote:
So Mario arrives and enters the boss room,the music stops. Your hacked self is on a ledge FAR out reach, he then says "MARIO, I WAS WARNED SOMEONE WAS TAKING US OUT,(Your castle Should probably be world 1 or 2) BUT I DID NOT EXPECT YOU... YOU HAVE DEFEATED BOWSER MORE TIMES THAN MOST CAN COUNT, AND SINCE MY HOST HAS EQUAL STRENGTH TO BOWSER, I INDICATE ONLY A 98.7% CHANCE OF MY SUCCESS. THEREFORE: I WILL USE A MECH BELONGING TO MY HOST THAT SHOULD INCREASE MY CHANCES..."The "Let It Go Cover" either Starts here, or is replaced by other boss music(Preferably the first, but it depends on if you want it in the main part of the castle) as the ledge turns into a platform, it lowers a bit the the Elsa Mech appears in a puff of smoke around Hacked you, and he then says "BEHOLD MECHA-ELSA !"

The fight then consists of dodging Ice-Magic Blats, waiting for the Frozen Troll-Bots to pop out of the ground in obvious spots, so you can hurl them at Mecha-Elsa's Head to destroy her and free you form the hacking(There should probably be some kind of "Hacking-Chip" graphic put on the hacked users, that is gone when you beat them, to let the player know when they are free) and you thank Mario with some dialogue, and then gives him a star.
That's a great idea, and I really like the unique idea how you're using some otherwise ordinary song - a Valtteri cover - as an actual boss theme. The thing is that if you're gonna use the Valtteri cover as the boss battle music, are you gonna use the "frozen-weweresocloseftftifr.mp3" music that was used for Tier 7 in ToB7 as the castle music?
YouTube channel

Uzendayo
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Current Project: I don't even know anymore

Postby Uzendayo » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:15 pm

I'd Like to make a few levels myself (I mean, world maps are my niche, but still, I'd like to try).
I placed 18th in CC8,
I placed 8th in CC11, and I
Won 1st in the First Vanilla Level Competition
┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤(・_├┬┴┬┴
You might know me as Epoch
STOP INSTIGATING
STOP INSTIGATING
STOP INSTIGATING
STOP INSTIGATING

TangledLion
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Postby TangledLion » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:12 pm

castlewars wrote:That's a great idea, and I really like the unique idea how you're using some otherwise ordinary song - a Valtteri cover - as an actual boss theme. The thing is that if you're gonna use the Valtteri cover as the boss battle music, are you gonna use the "frozen-weweresocloseftftifr.mp3" music that was used for Tier 7 in ToB7 as the castle music?
That sounds fine, but can you do me a favor?

Please make a ZIP file of all the music, and graphics from the ToB levels, I never played it, so I don't know what levels I should look in.
Epoch wrote:I'd Like to make a few levels myself (I mean, world maps are my niche, but still, I'd like to try).
Sure! Like I said You can have more than 1 job, It works Especially well for you, as Level design is in it's own stage, And World Map Making is QC.

BTW, If you Were thinking of signing up to make the map, Don't. Epoch got the job.
Last edited by bossedit8 on Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: More organized

HeroLinik
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Cyan Yoshi Egg

Postby HeroLinik » Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:16 am

TangledLion wrote:
castlewars wrote: That's a great idea, and I really like the unique idea how you're using some otherwise ordinary song - a Valtteri cover - as an actual boss theme. The thing is that if you're gonna use the Valtteri cover as the boss battle music, are you gonna use the "frozen-weweresocloseftftifr.mp3" music that was used for Tier 7 in ToB7 as the castle music?
That sounds fine, but can you do me a favor?

Please make a ZIP file of all the music, and graphics from the ToB levels, I never played it, so I don't know what levels I should look in.
I'm gonna do that sometime later on as I'm in college and can't use SMBX. I've actually put all the Tier 7 graphics into a specific level folder because I was planning to use the Tier 7 tileset in a level. I've got the Valtteri cover as well and the rest of the Frozen tracks used in the hub. I can zip you that folder as well as the Valtteri cover and Frozen tracks (the Let it Go cover is called "Valtteri.mp3" to try and hide its identity from the other tracks used in your episode).
YouTube channel

TangledLion
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Postby TangledLion » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:20 pm

Alright, later today I'll need to ask valttari and joey for permission to use the cover, and ask them how they want to appear in this episode.

AirShip
Eerie
Eerie
Flair: The Flying Ghost
Current Project: viewtopic.php?f=90&t=22332
Chat Username: AirSheep

Postby AirShip » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:24 pm

I could be a hacked forumers (Boss)?

I might even build my level.

Believe in the me that believe in you!

The ABC of Creation

HeroLinik
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Cyan Yoshi Egg

Postby HeroLinik » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:30 pm

TangledLion wrote:Alright, later today I'll need to ask valttari and joey for permission to use the cover, and ask them how they want to appear in this episode.
I'm sure Valtteri won't mind. I can see where you're coming from with the idea Valtteri is an admin, but bear in mind that this was done in CC7 with Frozen Hills. Joey probably wouldn't care that you'd use a Valtteri cover. So in other words, yeah you can use the Valtteri cover without running the risk of getting your episode sued by Valtteri. Just don't use the original Frozen versions of the songs because Disney won't just sue you and your episode, but they'll sue SMBX - and possibly Redigit - itself.
YouTube channel

TangledLion
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Postby TangledLion » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:11 pm

@CW Yeah, but it is nicer this way and proves i respect them,(Plus I need to know how they want their world 8 appearances done)

@Airship, Sorry, But we are all full on bosses, Would you like to be a mini-boss instead?

HeroLinik
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Cyan Yoshi Egg

Postby HeroLinik » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:24 pm

TangledLion wrote:@CW Yeah, but it is nicer this way and proves i respect them,(Plus I need to know how they want their world 8 appearances done)
You can just as well give credit to Valtteri in a TXT file inside the GFX folder. The MP3 that I sent you of the Valtteri cover is just called "Valtteri" to reflect this. And are all the bosses appearing in world 8 as well? That'll be cool. What would be better is a boss rush room, where all the bosses appear again and you have to defeat them again, but they're upgraded. They have their own room and their own music - mine has the Valtteri cover and an Elsa castle room, while Natsu would have a sky castle room, and so on. However, you may have to split up that level because of the limited boss selection in SMBX.
YouTube channel

TangledLion
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Postby TangledLion » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:32 pm

castlewars wrote:
TangledLion wrote:@CW Yeah, but it is nicer this way and proves i respect them,(Plus I need to know how they want their world 8 appearances done)
You can just as well give credit to Valtteri in a TXT file inside the GFX folder. The MP3 that I sent you of the Valtteri cover is just called "Valtteri" to reflect this. And are all the bosses appearing in world 8 as well? That'll be cool. What would be better is a boss rush room, where all the bosses appear again and you have to defeat them again, but they're upgraded. They have their own room and their own music - mine has the Valtteri cover and an Elsa castle room, while Natsu would have a sky castle room, and so on. However, you may have to split up that level because of the limited boss selection in SMBX.
Well, I sent the PM so It's moot anyway, As for The world 8 thing, I was thinking of having epic boss fights starring Valtteri and Joey for that world, But i'd rather keep those as secret as possible. All you need to know is I'll do the Mid-World level, and the last 2 levels for W8.

mariogeek2
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Current Project: 4 me 2 no, & u 2 find out.
Chat Username: Mariogeek2

Postby mariogeek2 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:39 pm

I would like to join and make a few levels. I'm getting better at designing levels. My most recent level was the CC8 level Concrete Forest.
Blasphemy! How dare you both! My respect for y'all just went down a major amount.

Also, Valterri, while AM2R's soundtrack is not perfect, how can you say that it's organic, atmospheric tracks should have sounded more like your electronic beep-boops? M2/AM2R takes place on a world dominated by nature, so why in the heck do you use so many artificial-sounding instruments for your tracks?

Return to “Projects”