Super Mario And the Legend of Darkness(small update)

This forum is for projects that are a work in progress.
icez
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Current Project: Super Mario:The Rise of Darknesss

Super Mario And the Legend of Darkness(small update)

Postby icez » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:10 pm

Spoiler: show

After a long absence I've decided to Rework this Project entirely mainly toning down the difficulty and redoing it so it wont be so hard
So heres the Updated info:
Easier Difficulty
A Couple Less Levels
This Project Will Still Retain Most of the Elements I announced earlier but I plain and making this project a lot easier
Progress:
Goomba Way Ruins 40%
Tuntan Koopa Desert 0%
Blooper Bay 0%
General Guy Mountain 0%
King Zinggers Forest 0%
Crystal Kings Snow Tundra 0%
Huff en Puffs Cloud Kingdom 0%
Hooktails Fire Valley 0%
Petty Pirhana's Toxic Swamp 0%
Boo's Horror Land 0%
Metal Hooktail's Indtrustreis 0%
Mr L's Galaxy 0%
King Koopa's Castle 0%
???????? 0%
Screens
Last edited by icez on Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:22 pm, edited 7 times in total.

FanofSMBX
Bowser
Bowser

Re: Super Mario And the Legend of Darkness

Postby FanofSMBX » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:25 pm

I am pleased to see that this project is like Megaman because my levels turn out a lot like megaman levels, they're linear, no slopes, and focus on hard enemies.

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
My graphics pack!
Supporting forums:

SMBX Galaxy forum by Pivot40Channel
http://smbxgalaxy.prophpbb.com/
Come to the SMBX+ forums by illias3000. There is a whole forum category dedicated to the boss rush series with official rushes, submit bosses, and fan boss rushes! It is still open but AirSeus Forums is now open:
http://nsmbx.prophpbb.com/
AirSeus Forums the new home of the Boss Rush series:
http://smbxairseusforums.prophpbb.com/
First to discover:
Spark
Eerie
Grinder
Rainbow Shell
Birdo
Boom Boom
KINGBOWSER112 RULES!

icez
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Postby icez » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:40 pm

FanofSMBX wrote:I am pleased to see that this project is like Megaman because my levels turn out a lot like megaman levels, they're linear, no slopes, and focus on hard enemies.
The levels wont necessarily be linear, there will be some exploring in them for progression but the main focus will be on difficulty to capture that mega man feel in terms of difficulty expect even the early levels to be difficult

goombaguy
Ripper II
Ripper II
Flair: AKA Kiyoshi
Current Project: 6 Returning Coins

Postby goombaguy » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:52 pm

The custom graphics are great, but the levels look really hard for a intermediate and below. Can you make it easier?
DISCORD: kiyoshi#0202

icez
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Postby icez » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:32 pm

goombaguy wrote:The custom graphics are great, but the levels look really hard for a intermediate and below. Can you make it easier?
Thanks for noticing the difficulty thats what this project is all about challenage and challenge is what i plan on giving but here another Overly difficult world 1 screen enjoy

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit
Chat Username: Zeldamaster12

Re: Super Mario And the Legend of Darkness(New Screen)

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:52 pm

That looks fantastic. o.o

icez
Mega Mole
Mega Mole

Re: Super Mario And the Legend of Darkness(small update)

Postby icez » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:25 pm

small update regarding this project I've decided to shorten up the length of the worlds to 2 levels 1 normal level and 1 boss/castle type level in trying to keep with the megaman source of this project which really mega man was 8 levels with bosses with the final wily castle at the end of the game so I am trying to stick as close to that as possible I do plan on keeping all the boss in the game though so it will still be 16 mini worlds just not as many levels in each world also I plan on realeasing a small demo when I complete the first world to give a small taste of what this project will all about as well.

bossedit8
Toad
Toad
Current Project: Airship Attack 2
Chat Username: <3 bossedit8 <3

Re: Super Mario And the Legend of Darkness(New Screen)

Postby bossedit8 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:27 am

Zeldamaster12 wrote:That looks fantastic. o.o
Be more constructive please!
Joey wrote:Give constructive criticism. When you post in someone else's project topic and want to criticize, you must do so constructively. Saying "this looks awful" without any backing as to why it's awful isn't the type of criticism that should be posted.
Link to the Project Forum Rules: http://www.supermariobrosx.org//forums/ ... f=34&t=733

Your Project looks very interesting so far. I do like your design but if that is just the World 1 as I see so far then that is gonna be a very difficult SMBX Episode if you get later on as I see with a lot of Bullet Bill Blasters in one of the screens. Maybe it is just me but World 1 shouldn't be that hard to begin with in my opinion. I am looking forward to this SMBX Episode.

Natsu
Wart
Wart
Current Project: It's a secret to everybody ...
Chat Username: Kuma-san

Re: Super Mario And the Legend of Darkness(small update)

Postby Natsu » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:58 am

icez wrote:small update regarding this project I've decided to shorten up the length of the worlds to 2 levels 1 normal level and 1 boss/castle type level in trying to keep with the megaman source of this project which really mega man was 8 levels with bosses with the final wily castle at the end of the game so I am trying to stick as close to that as possible I do plan on keeping all the boss in the game though so it will still be 16 mini worlds just not as many levels in each world also I plan on realeasing a small demo when I complete the first world to give a small taste of what this project will all about as well.
It's good to stick with your sources, but I think you still could better the looks of this project's structure, it's an opinion of mine though don't let my opinion make you try to modify your project even more if you don't feel like it.

The idea of making a Megaman-like project has been used before, but no project was ever completed, so I think your would be the first one to be ever released. The design is rather strange to me though. There are some cluttered spaces on the ruins level judging by the screenshots, the vine with the Bill Blasters on their sides for example. I guess it would fit considering Megaman had many obstacles similar to said vine area, but I just don't find it that appealing. Then again, this is an opinion of mine, do not let my feedback alter your general opinion of your work so far.

Looking forward to other level themes.
Discord quotes
Trace: You're a capable boi

Return to “Projects”