The Mushroom Kingdom Diametric...Still Alive? :O

This forum is for projects that are a work in progress.
Flying Brick
Ripper II
Ripper II
Current Project: Drawing stuff! \o/

Re: Mushroom Kingdom Diametric: no longer need designers

Postby Flying Brick » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:29 pm

Ah, man... I might take a little while longer to get my stuff done. College and such.

Man1234FK
Hoopster
Hoopster
Current Project: Making random levels and levels for projects!

Postby Man1234FK » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:33 pm

I suppose i could make one of the underwater levels, even though i haven't made an underwater level before D:
50% Gamer 50% Trying to being an actor 100% Idiot.

"Everything not saved will be lost" -The quit screen message.

Youtube Channel, ThinkCreativeStudio: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6X-hN ... rvaC6WTjzQ videos are mainly sketch comedy! (in Finnish though)

Stuff i support:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage

JupiHornet
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby JupiHornet » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:38 pm

Man1234FK wrote:I suppose i could make one of the underwater levels, even though i haven't made an underwater level before D:
Well, there is a first time for everything! It's all yours.
AeroMatter wrote: This post is ironic. These forums are ironic. My life is ironic.

If you want to talk to me, add me on Discord at JupiHornet#2897, or go to my Twitter page!
You can also check out my YouTube channel!
- PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS TURTWIG -

Man1234FK
Hoopster
Hoopster

Postby Man1234FK » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:40 pm

Turtwig wrote:
Man1234FK wrote:I suppose i could make one of the underwater levels, even though i haven't made an underwater level before D:
Well, there is a first time for everything! It's all yours.
Okay! I'll start working on it ASAP!

Youtube Channel, ThinkCreativeStudio: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6X-hN ... rvaC6WTjzQ videos are mainly sketch comedy! (in Finnish though)

Stuff i support:
ImageImageImageImage

Rux Ton
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Postby Rux Ton » Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:23 am

I actually rather dig your world maps a lot. This looks pretty promising. Also i lol'd at the cookie. :)
I am an electronic music producer.
I do music for my own personal projects as well as for indie games. It all started when I was a little kid playing Donkey Kong Country 2, and the music changed my life.
By producer I mean I completely program the music, and do the synthesis from scratch. It's fun for me. VERY fun.

https://soundcloud.com/ruxton <--- Check out my music on soundcloud here.

JupiHornet
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Re: The Mushroom Kingdom Diametric: Poll Added

Postby JupiHornet » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:07 pm

Rux Ton wrote:I actually rather dig your world maps a lot. This looks pretty promising. Also i lol'd at the cookie. :)

So...I've been doing a LOT of thinking and since no one ever goes on the IRC , I think that a whole forum might be good for this episode. It would be much easier to keep track of everything and in case something was lost, I could get it back more easily.

Because more than once I have lost entire levels by accidentally clicking Save and then the level I wanted to Open -__-

I have added a poll to see if you guys would be in favor of this. It will be open for 10 days. Please post your opinions! I won't vote on this so it won't be *ahem* biased.

Also I accidentally started a new beach level before realizing that they were all taken.
Oops.
AeroMatter wrote: This post is ironic. These forums are ironic. My life is ironic.

If you want to talk to me, add me on Discord at JupiHornet#2897, or go to my Twitter page!

Imaynotbehere4long
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Current Project: Chaotic Culmination: Universe Rescuer

Postby Imaynotbehere4long » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:47 pm

It's kinda funny that the one time I decide to check the Projects sub-forum in a while just happens to be the day you announce this poll.

Anyway, I think that having an entire forum dedicated to a single SMBX project would be frivolous because not only are there forums dedicated to SMBX in general that barely have any members, like Knux's forum is right now and reghrhre's forum used to be (and, technically, still is; it just isn't accessible anymore), but all on topic discussions for your theoretical forum would be limited to this one episode, and that alone doesn't bode well for the future of said forum, especially since the forum would basically be abandoned once everything that can be said about the episode has been said (all of which can easily be contained in a single thread).

Besides, if all you want is a way to back up files, wouldn't it be easier to use something like Dropbox or Mediafire, or just flat-out making a backup lvl file when saving the level as opposed to creating an entire forum for something as niche as an SMBX episode?

P.S. This may sound demeaning, but a simple way to tell whether you clicked "Save Level" instead of "Open Level" is that it will say "Save" instead of "Open," and this is on the banner as well as the button.
I've decided to cancel SMBXville Under Seige. After my 1st Senior year of college, I realized I wouldn't have enough time to devote to finishing my four-level episode. Apologies to those who cared.
My favorite quote on the entire forum:
mechamind wrote:
AeroMatter wrote:People who think "autistic" is an adjective and not a verb.
You autistic some people so much with that statement.
My SMBX portfolio:
(includes a Sonic 3D Blast styled level.)
SOMEONE ANSWER MY CRY FOR HELP: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =69&t=2026

JupiHornet
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby JupiHornet » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:51 pm

@IMNBH4L I'm on my phone so I'm not going to quote the whole post. I actually use Dropbox to download files on my phone and send them to the computer. Once the project ends I might make the forum into a regular forum, or use it for other projects ;)

I know what you mean about the Save thing, I just don't pay attention :P

JupiHornet
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby JupiHornet » Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:41 pm

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PIVOT40CHANNEL
I'm going to do this every time one of the designers' birthdays comes up.

JupiHornet
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby JupiHornet » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:53 am

3 people have voted No on the poll but only one has given me a reason. If you voted No, please tell me why.

Waddle
Tellah
Tellah
Flair: The goblin uprising is upon us

Postby Waddle » Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:55 am

Oh, sorry twig. I voted no, because a forum based on 1 project just won't get any attention at all. I'd vote yes if the forum would simply be an SMBX forum, with MKD being featured or something. Pretty much what IMNBH4L said.

JupiHornet
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby JupiHornet » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:01 am

Waddle Derp wrote:Oh, sorry twig. I voted no, because a forum based on 1 project just won't get any attention at all. I'd vote yes if the forum would simply be an SMBX forum, with MKD being featured or something. Pretty much what IMNBH4L said.
Fair enough. I probably should just make a normal SMBX forum and feature this episode, it seems a lot more sensical. Thanks Waddle Derp and IMNBH4L :D

JupiHornet
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby JupiHornet » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:21 pm

Is anyone else going to vote? If not then I'll lock the poll early.

Man1234FK
Hoopster
Hoopster

Postby Man1234FK » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:52 pm

I voted no because i just think it would be unnecessary, but i also think making a normal SMBX forum and featuring this is a good idea!

Stuff i support:
ImageImageImageImage

JupiHornet
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby JupiHornet » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:34 pm

Man1234FK wrote:I voted no because i just think it would be unnecessary, but i also think making a normal SMBX forum and featuring this is a good idea!
Ok, thanks for the input. Since more people have voted No to a forum for the episode, I changed the poll. Change your votes if you need to.

Edit: I took out the poll because it seems that most of you wanted a general forum with this episode featured. It'll be a few days but I'm working on it! :D

Edit 2: The forum is coming nicely! It should be uploaded tomorrow.
Last edited by bossedit8 on Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged multiple Posts

bossedit8
Banned
Current Project: Airship Attack 2
Chat Username: <3 bossedit8 <3

Re: The Mushroom Kingdom Diametric: Poll Removed

Postby bossedit8 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:36 am

For a somewhat collaborational Project, this Looks very good so far. I hope the whole difficulty will be balanced during the Game's Progression since back then on a SMBX Episode called "SMBX/SMB: Revisited", that has some flaws directed to the difficulty Balance. I hope it won't happen in this Project once it is finished. I do like how your screenshots are made. Looking Forward to it.

JupiHornet
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Re: The Mushroom Kingdom Diametric: FORUM IS HERE!!!

Postby JupiHornet » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:54 am

The new forum is http://www.smbxturtles.prophpbb.com

I still have to finish some things, like spoilers, but it's complete enough to be released. I would like to ask everyone that is a part of this episode to join and post your levels so I can keep track of them in the MKD Levels subforum. PM me for the password.

You don't have to be in the episode to join, though! All are welcome, so make sure to join and become a turtle :P

JupiHornet
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Re: The Mushroom Kingdom Diametric...Still Alive? :O

Postby JupiHornet » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:28 pm

Jesus Christ this gives me memories ;_____;

So...does anyone want me to keep this project going? I'm PRETTY sure I still have most of the levels for it, if anyone's interested.

If not idk, someone else can take over I guess :L

Erik
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Current Project: none

Postby Erik » Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:51 pm

I'd like to see this being continued. I'd gladly help you with making some levels if necessary.

Waddle
Tellah
Tellah
Flair: The goblin uprising is upon us

Postby Waddle » Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:00 pm

This brings me back, dude
Good ol' DMQ days

Return to “Projects”