New Great Castle Adventure (Released on a newer Topic!)

This forum is for projects that are a work in progress.
Zephyr
Spiny
Spiny

Re: New Great Castle Adventure Final New Screenshots!

Postby Zephyr » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:23 pm

So I am currently working on the final level of this project. That means you can blame me for any delays to the release.

MistakesWereMade
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby MistakesWereMade » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:57 pm

Zephyr wrote:So I am currently working on the final level of this project. That means you can blame me for any delays to the release.
fucking zephyr

I am so fucking hyped for this episode, you guys have done an amazing job

Maruiki
Swooper
Swooper

Postby Maruiki » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:22 pm

Nice work, guys! When is the episode planned to release?
[23:27] <Yoshibrothers> Joey is a hippopotamus
[23:27] <Yoshibrothers> his ass is huge but his tits are terrible

glitch4
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby glitch4 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:26 am

Maruiki wrote:Nice work, guys! When is the episode planned to release?
This month.

MistakesWereMade
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby MistakesWereMade » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:42 pm

Level Designers
NGCA has a great level design team who have all made a name for themselves in the SMBX community. Here they are.

Krazykoopa - project leader - 18 levels contributed
Zephyr - 10 levels contributed
Chad - 6 levels contributed
Valtteri - 3 levels contributed

Progress
40 of 41 levels complete
the fuck?

how does that add up

Valtteri
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby Valtteri » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:59 pm

Nien wrote:the fuck?

how does that add up
I've contributed six levels. Fixed!

krazykoopa
Spiny
Spiny

Postby krazykoopa » Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:11 am

Once finished, the correct level distribution is actually krazykoopa-17, Zephyr-12, Chad-6, and Valtteri-6. Also, this episode is still tentatively scheduled for release by the end of June. That, though, will depend on how long Zephyr takes to finish the last level, and the speed of our beta testers.

Roshi007
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

Postby Roshi007 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:53 pm

I can bet the final product is going to be awesome. I played the original Great Castle Adventure and I found it outstanding at that time. I'm sure the same is gonna happen with this game.

Raster
Banned
Current Project: The Invasion 3

Postby Raster » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:22 am

TGCA was a weak episode, so my expectations are pretty low, but the level designers team seems to be a lot more competent this time. All in all, I do hope this will be decent, and not a total mess like RTYI and TGCA.

RudeGuy
Luigi
Luigi
Flair: help
Current Project: a random smw hack
Chat Username: rudeguy

Postby RudeGuy » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:50 pm

Raster wrote:All in all, I do hope this will be decent, and not a total mess like RTYI and TGCA.
I don't think TGCA is a total shit like RTYI. Anyways, I remember it had some clash...though it was enjoyable.
im bored

MistakesWereMade
Boom Boom
Boom Boom

Postby MistakesWereMade » Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:20 pm

Raster wrote:TGCA was a weak episode, so my expectations are pretty low, but the level designers team seems to be a lot more competent this time. All in all, I do hope this will be decent, and not a total mess like RTYI and TGCA.
to be fair i'm pretty sure TGCA was made before fucking slopes were made

bossedit8
Banned
Current Project: Airship Attack 2
Chat Username: <3 bossedit8 <3

Postby bossedit8 » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:35 pm

Original Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFNM12lMmyE

Don't ask me why I did this. This is just a compare from old to new.

Kyo
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Current Project: The Twilight Star

Postby Kyo » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:36 am

Raster wrote:TGCA was a weak episode, so my expectations are pretty low, but the level designers team seems to be a lot more competent this time. All in all, I do hope this will be decent, and not a total mess like RTYI and TGCA.
TGCA and RTYI seem quite impressive to me if you consider when they were made. Nowadays, almost everyone who has been here for a few months here could do a better episode, but that's like comparing a good computer of our time to an old one that failed to save a file that was bigger than 20kb. TGCA satisfied the standards from back then, I think this one will satisfy the standards from now.

Chad
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby Chad » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:54 am

As one of this episode's testers, I can vouch for the fact that this episode is pretty far beyond its predecessor. I believe its quality is great for today's standards, so I think the community will enjoy it.
I'm not active too much on the forums anymore, but my PM inbox is available if you need anything.

Also, I make Super Mario Maker levels sometimes! (Don't mind the awful NNID.)

FanofSMBX
Bowser
Bowser

Postby FanofSMBX » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:55 am

Even though I liked RTYI, you have to consider that Redigit, who had been considering as a pack in episode (I think he commissioned it?), actually dropped that plan since he didn't like it.

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
My graphics pack!
Supporting forums:

Spoiler: show
SMBX Galaxy forum by Pivot40Channel
http://smbxgalaxy.prophpbb.com/
Come to the SMBX+ forums by illias3000. There is a whole forum category dedicated to the boss rush series with official rushes, submit bosses, and fan boss rushes! It is still open but AirSeus Forums is now open:
http://nsmbx.prophpbb.com/
AirSeus Forums the new home of the Boss Rush series:
http://smbxairseusforums.prophpbb.com/
Spoiler: show
First to discover:
Spark
Eerie
Grinder
Rainbow Shell
Birdo
Boom Boom
KINGBOWSER112 RULES!

Valtteri
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Postby Valtteri » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:16 pm

FanofSMBX wrote:Even though I liked RTYI, you have to consider that Redigit, who had been considering as a pack in episode (I think he commissioned it?), actually dropped that plan since he didn't like it.
He featured it on his website. He just didn't want to include it to the SMBX download as it was already big.

Mable
Peach
Peach
Current Project: Account soon to be deleted
Chat Username: Account soon to be d

Postby Mable » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:10 pm

Nien wrote:
to be fair i'm pretty sure TGCA was made before fucking slopes were made
True this is also what lacks pretty much on the whole forum and their users. Today you don't find any episodes without slopes because if you don't use them people bitch at you when episodes before slopes got added where all made without them and were good. Also Nintendo's first mario games didn't had slopes aswell did anyone bitch about it? No.

zlaker
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa

Postby zlaker » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:53 am

I agree. The episodes was really weak, but they were pretty fun though and really popular.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
I make art lol

krazykoopa
Spiny
Spiny

Postby krazykoopa » Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:07 am

TGCA has not aged well, true, but keep in mind that it was created before slopes, before custom npcs, even before custom graphics altogether. So Zephyr and I were really limited with what we could do. I remember we tried to custom make signs for the castle with Boom Boom's ? sphere and a background for the pole, and that's when Redigit decided to put the SMW sign into the game. (A little trivia for you.) But it's okay if you have low expectations, because then I'm pretty confident you'll be pleasantly surprised by the quality of this one. Bringing in Chad and Valtteri this time has also helped.

As for Return to Yoshi's Island, that wasn't really Zephyr's fault. He was trying to manage a pretty large designer team and some people were not sending in good levels, honestly. Plus, when that episode was being made, clashing wasn't really a thing yet and people did it all the time. It had such a long development time that by the time it was finished, the expectations of the SMBX community had grown and changed, which put the episode in a tough spot.

SnifitGuy
Birdo
Birdo

Postby SnifitGuy » Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:35 pm

krazykoopa wrote:
TGCA has not aged well, true, but keep in mind that it was created before slopes, before custom npcs, even before custom graphics altogether. So Zephyr and I were really limited with what we could do. I remember we tried to custom make signs for the castle with Boom Boom's ? sphere and a background for the pole, and that's when Redigit decided to put the SMW sign into the game. (A little trivia for you.) But it's okay if you have low expectations, because then I'm pretty confident you'll be pleasantly surprised by the quality of this one. Bringing in Chad and Valtteri this time has also helped.

As for Return to Yoshi's Island, that wasn't really Zephyr's fault. He was trying to manage a pretty large designer team and some people were not sending in good levels, honestly. Plus, when that episode was being made, clashing wasn't really a thing yet and people did it all the time. It had such a long development time that by the time it was finished, the expectations of the SMBX community had grown and changed, which put the episode in a tough spot.
You made TGCA before custom gfx and other stuff was available? Wow...No wonder it was filled with clash. Aside from that, it's one of the most nostalgic episodes I played. I miss those good old days.

Return to “Projects”