Super Mario Legends II: The Power Stars (8/16 Screens)

This forum is for projects that are a work in progress.
John The White Yoshi
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Re: Super Mario Legends: Part II - TPOS (2/1 Screens)

Postby John The White Yoshi » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:36 pm

DarkMecha wrote:
I do mind I become a beta-tester for this?
I remember that you did a great job being a beta tester on my old project. I was talking to SuperMario7 about this and we agree, so Welcome to the team! I'll send you the Beta version soon.
Thank you, I'm most honored. I'll give you the best review I can type!

Eternity
Pokey
Pokey

Postby Eternity » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:31 am

SuperWhiteYoshi64 wrote:Quit your complaining FireLink! I honestly think it looks great with the current lighten colors.
I agree with FireLink - it does look fine like this, but darkening the rest a bit would be nice. Also, this is not "complaining" but simply constructive criticism. I'd say this was a bit unnecessary.
aka Aeon.

Darkonius Mavakar
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Flair: Dreams of a forgotten reality
Current Project: Dormiveglia

Postby Darkonius Mavakar » Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:33 am

When do i get to design bosses?
Keep in mind i can design bosses in weekends.
My latest SMBX episode
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =36&t=1805

Please stop stealing all the assets made for Delightful Adventure specifically, thanks.

My media links:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Darkonius64
Ko-Fi: https://ko-fi.com/Z8Z68EHJ

Support my indie game Dormiveglia!
https://twitter.com/DormivegliaGame

SuperMario7
Ripper II
Ripper II
Current Project: Super Mario Legends Part I

Postby SuperMario7 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:17 am

Darkonius Mavakar wrote:When do i get to design bosses?
Keep in mind i can design bosses in weekends.
Probably once DarkMecha finishes the castle level for the first world. I think we're gonna have a boss at the end of that level, so the level should probably be finished first. Still, I'm not sure if DarkMecha will want to do a boss for this level or not, but at least I'm good with you doing one there. I'll talk with DarkMecha about it through PM, and then I'll notify you about what we decide. We haven't really talked much about bosses yet. =P

SuperMario7
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby SuperMario7 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:31 pm

Well I've started a level and I actually recorded myself making it with commentary. It's kinda like new screens cause you get to see a level, but it's obviously still a WIP. Anyways, hope you enjoy.

Sorry about the bad quality. Not sure why it is like it is because it was fine before.
Check out my current project that I am making with DarkMecha!

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.
Current Project: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 9&start=10
Chat Username: 鬼人 正邪

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:40 am

SuperMario7 wrote:Well I've started a level and I actually recorded myself making it with commentary. It's kinda like new screens cause you get to see a level, but it's obviously still a WIP. Anyways, hope you enjoy.
Spoiler: show
Sorry about the bad quality. Not sure why it is like it is because it was fine before.
I liked the video in all honesty, but here is a suggestion! Just like you put two or three pipe peices above the world, you should also but two or three below the world so the player can not fly or swim under the blocks! Or even kill themselves by swimming under the world!

Also, you seem to like forest levels like I like ice levels ^_^
Last edited by bossedit8 on Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spoiler inside the Quote added

ImageImageImage

SuperMario7
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby SuperMario7 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:49 pm

Thanks for your comment! I did as you suggested, so that was a helpful tip.

And yes, I think I do like making forest levels like you do with ice levels. ^_^

Lx Xzit
Lakitu
Lakitu

Re: Super Mario Legends: Part II - TPOS (19/2) Screens!

Postby Lx Xzit » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:27 pm

We have been working very hard on this, and we have ended the W1 almost entirely, and we made some progress in World 2, so we are ready to publish new screenshots! I hope you enjoy the little novelty!
Spoiler: show
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Also I've recorded a video of the castle, thought it would be a nice touch for increase the video collection of this project, I hope you enjoy the video!

SuperMario7
Ripper II
Ripper II

Re: Super Mario Legends: Part II - TPOS (Announcement)

Postby SuperMario7 » Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:20 am

I have an important announcement about this project. Dark Mecha has told me that he retired from SMBX, so unfortunately, he will no longer be actively working on this with me. He did a fantastic job on this and I'm very thankful for all his contributions, and I'm going to continue this so all the work we've put into it doesn't go to waste. Dark Mecha kindly gave me the ability to use his SMBX levels, so some of them will definitely appear in this project. I'm also going to shorten the number of levels to about 20, so this will have a similar structure to the first Super Mario Legends. I've been quite busy and I haven't really had the energy to work on this, but soon enough I will be able to put more time into this. Thanks for reading! Expect new screenshots and an update to the main post relatively soon.

Darkonius Mavakar
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Flair: Dreams of a forgotten reality
Current Project: Dormiveglia

Postby Darkonius Mavakar » Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:13 am

SuperMario7 wrote:I have an important announcement about this project. Dark Mecha has told me that he retired from SMBX, so unfortunately, he will no longer be actively working on this with me. He did a fantastic job on this and I'm very thankful for all his contributions, and I'm going to continue this so all the work we've put into it doesn't go to waste. Dark Mecha kindly gave me the ability to use his SMBX levels, so some of them will definitely appear in this project. I'm also going to shorten the number of levels to about 20, so this will have a similar structure to the first Super Mario Legends. I've been quite busy and I haven't really had the energy to work on this, but soon enough I will be able to put more time into this. Thanks for reading! Expect new screenshots and an update to the main post relatively soon.
uhm i see, but don't worry you still have the rest of your team!
not to mention that i'll be doing all the overlayered-evented bosses for this!
My latest SMBX episode
http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =36&t=1805

Please stop stealing all the assets made for Delightful Adventure specifically, thanks.

My media links:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Darkonius64
Ko-Fi: https://ko-fi.com/Z8Z68EHJ

Support my indie game Dormiveglia!
https://twitter.com/DormivegliaGame

Gameinsky
Pokey
Pokey

Postby Gameinsky » Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:20 pm

Quite a shame. I wish the best for your project, perfection can't be rushed!
You found my hidden signature... OH NO!

Erik
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Current Project: none
Chat Username: Ludwig

Postby Erik » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:22 am

SuperMario7 wrote:I have an important announcement about this project. DarkMecha has told me that he retired from SMBX, so unfortunately, he will no longer be actively working on this with me. He did a fantastic job on this and I'm very thankful for all his contributions, and I'm going to continue this so all the work we've put into it doesn't go to waste. Dark Mecha kindly gave me the ability to use his SMBX levels, so some of them will definitely appear in this project. I'm also going to shorten the number of levels to about 20, so this will have a similar structure to the first Super Mario Legends. I've been quite busy and I haven't really had the energy to work on this, but soon enough I will be able to put more time into this. Thanks for reading! Expect new screenshots and an update to the main post relatively soon.
You could also hire other good designers like ElTipsta, Sux or Shinbison-Kof if you want to.

WerewolfGD
Wart
Wart
Flair: Legalize Awooo!
Current Project: Howling
Chat Username: Alagirez

Postby WerewolfGD » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:57 am

the level is really beautiful, I like the design... can't wait to see the full version.
please add support banner, I want to support this :)
Yea... I'm back, but with different view.

Known also as Camacho or Harvey36Dice.
Also a furry

Awooo!
If you want to talk with me, go here : Alagirez#2056

SuperMario7
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby SuperMario7 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:52 pm

Gameinsky: Thanks!

Ludwig von Koopa: Yeah, that's true. Now that Dark Mecha has left I'd be happy to accept level(s) people may want to submit. I'm gonna be really strict with the requirements of these levels, but any submission is appreciated.

andialifbatara: Thanks! Dark Mecha was originally going to make the support banner, but since he left I'll make this the official support banner for the project (for now, anyways):

Code: Select all

[url=http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=7577][img]http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j148/Dogabon1992/SML2_Supporter_zps0r37oxtq.png[/img][/url]
Credits to Koopris1992 for making this a while ago.

underFlo
Mario
Mario
Flair: sup im lesbiab
Current Project: actually nothing i lied to you
Chat Username: underFlo

Postby underFlo » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:01 pm

Really sad to see DarkMecha go, but I wish you best of luck for continuing your project, I'm really loving it so far!
im a girl yo

Waddle
Tellah
Tellah
Flair: The goblin uprising is upon us

Postby Waddle » Mon Apr 13, 2015 4:17 pm

I'm definitely applying for this one, though I'm not sure if I'm good enough :3

SuperMario7
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby SuperMario7 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:34 pm

Nickname: Thank you!

Waddle Derp: The only level of yours I can remember playing is your CC10 entry, and that's certainly a fantastic level. So yeah, you definitely have the abilities I'm looking for to make level(s) for this project. First I have a question. Do you want to become a permanent level designer for Super Mario Legends Part II, or do you just want to submit 1 or 2 levels to be included? Either way, you can submit a level to me through PM that you intend to be included in Super Mario Legends. The level should have a similar style (in terms of length and difficulty) as the first Super Mario Legends. Don't worry about it's theme, I'll be able to fit it in somewhere. As long as the quality is similar to your CC10 entry and the level seems to fit in, I would definitely like to have you as a member of the team! Thanks for applying!

SuperMario7
Ripper II
Ripper II

Re: Super Mario Legends: Part II (Looking for Designers!)

Postby SuperMario7 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:19 pm

I'm looking for level designers to help me out with this! Lately it's been hard for me to work on levels alone, so I'd like some help. Please PM me with an application level and I'll see if the quality of your level matches the quality of the levels already in this project. If so, I'll welcome you to the team! Any applications are appreciated. Thanks! ;)

crusher169
Ripper II
Ripper II
Current Project: Getting my life together.

Postby crusher169 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:38 pm

ill see is I can make a level... doubt it will be good though.
but, what level theme should I make? because I don't wanna make a level that you cant use (considering I can make a level at all)
I'm not good at making signatures.

MrPunchia
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Flair: stay groovy

Postby MrPunchia » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:53 pm

SuperMario7 wrote:I'm looking for level designers to help me out with this! Lately it's been hard for me to work on levels alone, so I'd like some help. Please PM me with an application level and I'll see if the quality of your level matches the quality of the levels already in this project. If so, I'll welcome you to the team! Any applications are appreciated. Thanks! ;)
I'd be SO glad to do so. I'll send an application once ready.
keeping in touch

Return to “Projects”