[list][*] People can sign up generally in which case I'll put them in the order they signed up, or they can say they want to be around a specific section (relative to the start, end, or whatever). If people want to be moved around in the ordering in the list, it can be accommodated within reason (we don't want a situation where everyone's fighting to be bumped in the same direction).
[*] Everyone gets to make one screen, where one screen is 800 pixels width, also known as 25 standard blocks width (This is the default game and build-in-editor width). Just a little short piece of level that should be fun
[*] There are 24 hours to complete your section once you've acknowledged that it's your turn and get level files from the last person working on it.
[*] When someone finishes their section, they post a link to the updated level in this thread. Use Google Drive or Dropbox or something similar to upload it and post the link in this thread.
[*] The next person on the list will be notified, and if they don't respond within 24 hours they'll get bumped down the list.
[*] As per Horikawa-request, no referencing your MaGL X2 contest entry in your part of your screen in the relay level.[/list]
After all the screens are done (or at least almost done), there's a little more that'll be done
[list][*] Add midpoints. Some discussion and playtesting can inform how we decide to place them.
[*] Add "author" text that credits who made each screen, like in the A2XT relay level. This'll automatically appear when the player enters the screen.
[*] Decide on a name! We could do this earlier if we want, or wait till the end. Whatever folks think :)[/list]
- Events and layers should be prefixed with your username to help things be organized
- If you write Lua code, custom functions or global variable names should be put in an object/table named after your username, see the existing code for how this is done. For event handler code, put your code in something with your username prefixed like "function Rednaxela:onLoop()" and then call it from "function onLoop()". Use local variables when you can to keep things clean.
- Don't hog too many custom blocks/npcs/etc. We should be using some, but keep in mind other people after you need to be able to use some too. Also feel free to use graphics swaps that have been made in screens before the one you make, as that could be a fun way to have some recurring threads in what will otherwise surely be a rather chaotic level! I may add per-section graphics to LunaDLL if we need to, but for now, it's use common sense and play it by ear, paying attention to what people have already used custom graphics for.
- We can start new sections in the level file, but remember we can't give everyone's screen it's own section. If you want to start a section, you probably can, but we do need to pay attention to not go through them too fast.
- The SMB axe is reserved to event triggering and will use an invisible sprite, as per Willhart's suggestion.
- If you start a moving layer that continues into other screens, those responsible for the screens it continues into adopt responsibility for what that moving layer is does once it enters their screen. Things such as make it disappear once the player enters the next screen, stop it's movement, keep using it, or whatever.
- In general it's probably okay to put things outside your screen into a previous screen's area, provided it's on a layer that stays hidden until a player is on your screen (i.e. starting a moving layer after the player's in your screen).
- Common sense applies.
Since this will be put into the MaGL X2 postgame, we obviously need to use something compatible with that. It's also known that will end up using LunaLua 0.6.1.1 or newer (probably newer). There are two options of what you can use:
- If you already have the MaGL X2 devkit installed, you can keep using that if you make sure to update LunaLua to 0.6.1.1 first. You can download from http://engine.wohlnet.ru/LunaLua/
- Alternatively, you can download a full install of SMBX 22.214.171.124 w/ LunaLua 0.6.1.1 from here. You'll probably also want the editor from here too.
Sign Up List: (SIGN-UPS ARE CLOSED)
[list=1]FallingSnow (First Screen)
Super Mario 7
Murphmario (NPC-27 or NPC-94
Horikawa Otane (Somewhere near the end)
RoundPiplup (Second half or near the end)
MECHDRAGON777 (Beginning, Saturday)
Imaynotbehere4long (Final Section/Screen)
Septentrion Pleiades (Final Boss - requesting Wart, Wart's bubbles, all vegetables, MB, a lot of layers and triggers, invisible toad-pass blocks)
Blimpfruit (On a Weekend)
Ludwig von Koopa
The Thwomp King
Reply to sign-up![/list]
Tentative Level Order - MAY CHANGE IF WE GET MORE SIGN-UPS
April 16 - Thursday - FallingSnow - https://www.sendspace.com/file/nhexgj
April 17 - Friday - andialifbatara -
April 18 - Saturday - MECHDRAGON777 - http://www.sendspace.com/file/5jf71b
April 19 - Sunday - Turtwig - https://www.dropbox.com/s/p1qxaigas5bcg ... l.zip?dl=0
April 20 - Monday - Murphmario -
April 21 - Tuesday - Rudeguy07 - https://www.dropbox.com/s/pbjv0a3hjj81n ... l.rar?dl=0
April 22 - Wednesday - Nickname -
April 23 - Thursday - Choco -
April 24 - Friday - Darkonius Makavar -
April 25 - Saturday - Blimpfruit - http://www.mediafire.com/download/m94dc ... _Level.zip
April 26 - Sunday - Wind - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/162 ... 6-2015.zip
April 26 - Sunday - Super Mario 7 - https://www.mediafire.com/?69urtqkidf6k7gu
April 26 - Sunday - Henry Richard - https://www.mediafire.com/?q01b930gs6ka9em
April 27 - Monday - Roundpiplup - https://www.mediafire.com/?brhzsyziqu2gd3q
April 28 - Tuesday - Choco -
April 30 - Thursday - witchking666 - http://www.mediafire.com/download/2lfq0 ... +level.zip
May 1 - Friday - Nien - http://www.mediafire.com/download/2wo29 ... +Level.zip
May 4 - Monday - Nickname -
May 6 - Wednesday - Ludwig von Koopa - http://www.mediafire.com/download/z27dh ... +Level.rar
May 7 - Thursday - Gameclip477 - http://www.mediafire.com/download/p38rg ... +Level.zip
May 8 - Friday - Nickname - https://www.mediafire.com/?8o1r0u6343lt4m3
May 9 - Saturday - Emral - http://www.mediafire.com/download/036xr ... +Level.zip
May 11 - Monday - The Thwomp King - http://www.mediafire.com/download/jipab ... _Level.zip
May 13 - Wednesday - Horikawa Otane - http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 34#p142188
May 14 - Thursday - Murphmario - http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 55#p142213
May 15 - Darkonius Makavar - http://www.mediafire.com/download/8q899 ... _relay.rar
May 16 - Saturday - Septentrion Pleiades - http://www.mediafire.com/download/11i86 ... ntrion.zip
May 17 - Sunday - Imaynotbehere4long - https://mega.co.nz/#!NlgkBbSQ!vzBzE_twp ... NI1B0A1SdA
Note: The sign up list ordering is not a strict ordering finalized. We can shuffle this around based on availability of people or whims at the time or whatnot.