Double cherry?

Having a problem with SMBX? Need assistance with a tool or with the site? Ask your questions here.
User avatar
Pop Yoshi Bros
Ninji
Ninji
Posts: 840
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:48 pm
Current Project: Super Mario the Attack of Darkness
Location: Venezuela

Double cherry?

Postby Pop Yoshi Bros » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:09 pm

I rebember I saw in a cancelled project a power up that copies the player, the double cherry. Is it possible to make it in SMBX because I saw a video (from 2014 if I'm not wrong) from the project and it had that power up

It is possible to make it without lunalua? I never knew if that project used lua (Mario: Heroes of the stars quest was his name)
Image

Image

Image

My project:

Image

User avatar
The0x539
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 545
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:02 pm
Current Project: SMBX2

Re: Double cherry?

Postby The0x539 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:59 pm

100% impossible with lua
potentially a bit of a challenge even with current technology
the VB6 code definitely exists (see: the supermario4 cheat), but I'm not sure if there are lunalua hooks for harnessing it
quotes: show
rockythechao wrote:so much evil genius is wasted on the free-to-play game industry these days
come on, activision execs, when are you guys going to get yourselves real villain jobs? buy yourselves a volcano lair with lava sharks or something
Like, just ask yourselves this: What Would Sauron Do?
TheKidCodee wrote:Yes. And i know what system 32 is. What java is, htmi.
Hoeloe wrote:I've designed better languages in my sleep
Wohlstand wrote:please, enable your brain
Enjl wrote:that's like using a chainsaw instead of a butter knife to spread butter on your bread
in the sense that the chainsaw will severely literally cut into your performance
Ryaa wrote:aero you should eat some french friends
Ryaa wrote:I honestly think people don't use 2.0 because it requires thinking lmao

User avatar
HenryRichard
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Posts: 2715
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:09 pm
Current Project: Andario: Journey; Superstar
Location: http://www.stardustfields.net/files/cool.gif
Contact:

Re: Double cherry?

Postby HenryRichard » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:44 pm

Lua hooks for making more players would be awesome - they could open the door to more players locally and actually functional online multiplayer.

User avatar
Hoeloe
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 568
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:18 pm
Current Project: A2XT Episode 2

Re: Double cherry?

Postby Hoeloe » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:13 am

The0x539 wrote:I'm not sure if there are lunalua hooks for harnessing it


There are I think. I'm pretty sure you can just force set the cheat buffer.

User avatar
Pop Yoshi Bros
Ninji
Ninji
Posts: 840
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:48 pm
Current Project: Super Mario the Attack of Darkness
Location: Venezuela

Re: Double cherry?

Postby Pop Yoshi Bros » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:50 am

It's strange, I rebember I saw the double cherry in a project made in the 1.3...

I think I'm bad from the head or something

Oh wait



(I don't know if that project used lua and of that way zlaker managed to make the double cherry and the pipe cannon)
Image

Image

Image

My project:

Image

User avatar
The0x539
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 545
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:02 pm
Current Project: SMBX2

Re: Double cherry?

Postby The0x539 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:14 am

Hoeloe wrote:
The0x539 wrote:I'm not sure if there are lunalua hooks for harnessing it


There are I think. I'm pretty sure you can just force set the cheat buffer.

That wouldn't spawn the right amount, though.
quotes: show
rockythechao wrote:so much evil genius is wasted on the free-to-play game industry these days
come on, activision execs, when are you guys going to get yourselves real villain jobs? buy yourselves a volcano lair with lava sharks or something
Like, just ask yourselves this: What Would Sauron Do?
TheKidCodee wrote:Yes. And i know what system 32 is. What java is, htmi.
Hoeloe wrote:I've designed better languages in my sleep
Wohlstand wrote:please, enable your brain
Enjl wrote:that's like using a chainsaw instead of a butter knife to spread butter on your bread
in the sense that the chainsaw will severely literally cut into your performance
Ryaa wrote:aero you should eat some french friends
Ryaa wrote:I honestly think people don't use 2.0 because it requires thinking lmao

User avatar
Electriking
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Posts: 2569
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:32 pm
Current Project: Mushroom Kingdom Massacre
Chat Username: Electriking

Re: Double cherry?

Postby Electriking » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:48 pm

Pop Yoshi Bros wrote:It's strange, I rebember I saw the double cherry in a project made in the 1.3...

I think I'm bad from the head or something

Oh wait



(I don't know if that project used lua and of that way zlaker managed to make the double cherry and the pipe cannon)

I guess it would have been nice if the project made it to completion or there was at least a demo of the game, or a level featuring the double cherry (I don't know if one exists). Shame he/she is inactive though. Does anyone else understand how to make the double cherry or is that knowledge lost thanks to zlaker's inactivity?
Edit signature
YOUR SIGNATURE WILL APPEAR LIKE THIS IN POSTS
Image
Join my Discord server here: https://discord.gg/3S64gwq
Check out Mushroom Kingdom Massacre. We need team members
My Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2812-3564-4900
Quotes: show
Snessy the duck wrote:
Quill wrote:
Great_Papyrus123 wrote:me
Pop Yoshi Bros wrote:
Please avoid posts like that

Image

please avoid posts like that

The0x539 wrote:
Teemster2 wrote:the Ox

Image

Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell?

WARNING: Quill is in here: show
Image

This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 999 character limit.

User avatar
Pop Yoshi Bros
Ninji
Ninji
Posts: 840
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:48 pm
Current Project: Super Mario the Attack of Darkness
Location: Venezuela

Re: Double cherry?

Postby Pop Yoshi Bros » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:30 pm

Electriking wrote:
Pop Yoshi Bros wrote:It's strange, I rebember I saw the double cherry in a project made in the 1.3...

I think I'm bad from the head or something

Oh wait



(I don't know if that project used lua and of that way zlaker managed to make the double cherry and the pipe cannon)

I guess it would have been nice if the project made it to completion or there was at least a demo of the game, or a level featuring the double cherry (I don't know if one exists). Shame he/she is inactive though. Does anyone else understand how to make the double cherry or is that knowledge lost thanks to zlaker's inactivity?


The strangest part:

I don't rebember Zlaker saying this project used lua...
Image

Image

Image

My project:

Image

User avatar
FanofSMBX
Bowser
Bowser
Posts: 3821
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:01 pm

Re: Double cherry?

Postby FanofSMBX » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:54 am

Pop Yoshi Bros wrote:It's strange, I rebember I saw the double cherry in a project made in the 1.3...

I think I'm bad from the head or something

Oh wait



(I don't know if that project used lua and of that way zlaker managed to make the double cherry and the pipe cannon)

He literally just made it an axe or something that when you collect it it says to type supermario4. That's all he did. So now you know how he did it.
I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
My graphics pack!
Supporting forums:
Spoiler: show
SMBX Galaxy forum by Pivot40Channel
http://smbxgalaxy.prophpbb.com/
Come to the SMBX+ forums by illias3000. There is a whole forum category dedicated to the boss rush series with official rushes, submit bosses, and fan boss rushes! It is still open but AirSeus Forums is now open:
http://nsmbx.prophpbb.com/
AirSeus Forums the new home of the Boss Rush series:
http://smbxairseusforums.prophpbb.com/

Spoiler: show
First to discover:
Spark
Eerie
Grinder
Rainbow Shell
Birdo
Boom Boom
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

KINGBOWSER112 RULES!

User avatar
Pop Yoshi Bros
Ninji
Ninji
Posts: 840
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:48 pm
Current Project: Super Mario the Attack of Darkness
Location: Venezuela

Re: Double cherry?

Postby Pop Yoshi Bros » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:58 am

FanofSMBX wrote:
Pop Yoshi Bros wrote:It's strange, I rebember I saw the double cherry in a project made in the 1.3...

I think I'm bad from the head or something

Oh wait



(I don't know if that project used lua and of that way zlaker managed to make the double cherry and the pipe cannon)

He literally just made it an axe or something that when you collect it it says to type supermario4. That's all he did. So now you know how he did it.


Hm, I'll see what I can do, I didn't knew you could force the cheats
Image

Image

Image

My project:

Image

User avatar
Hoeloe
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 568
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:18 pm
Current Project: A2XT Episode 2

Re: Double cherry?

Postby Hoeloe » Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:10 am

You can't force the cheats without LunaLua. With LunaLua you can set the cheat buffer (or in beta 4, just activate the cheat).


Return to “Help and Support”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests