I want to make an episode. How do I start?

Need help with any SMBX game-related issues? Ask your questions here.
Walleo64
Koopa
Koopa

I want to make an episode. How do I start?

Postby Walleo64 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:49 pm

I've had SMBX for a pretty long time now and I've definitely tried making episodes many times but I never get far, so I'm going to ask a question that I feel should be obvious: where do I start? Should I make an outline? Should I have a story, an ultimate goal, or something like that? Or should I just make some levels and try to fit them together somehow? I want to start working on another episode, but this time I want to do it right and make something I can actually finish.

marioman2007
Spike
Spike
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: I want to make an episode. How do I start?

Postby marioman2007 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:23 am

Walleo64 wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:49 pm
I've had SMBX for a pretty long time now and I've definitely tried making episodes many times but I never get far, so I'm going to ask a question that I feel should be obvious: where do I start? Should I make an outline? Should I have a story, an ultimate goal, or something like that? Or should I just make some levels and try to fit them together somehow? I want to start working on another episode, but this time I want to do it right and make something I can actually finish.
I suggest trying to make a level then a few more and then pack them up as a minisode
It's not necessary that there should be many themes, grass, ice, lava, factory, forest, water, sky, blah, blah
do the work that you feel like doing
if you get stuck then rest for a while, don't force yourself
Just learning Lua and Importing Graphics

The Super Cool Pack: I support:
Spoiler: show

Return to “Help and Support”