autoscroll

Need help with any SMBX game-related issues? Ask your questions here.
CAPEYOSHISMBX
Rex
Rex
Flair: im just a bored amateur who likes mario...
Pronouns: he

autoscroll

Postby CAPEYOSHISMBX » Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:49 pm

so how do i make auto scroll actually work? i mean i followed most tutorials im aware you have to change the levels size and camera a couple of times and i know it only works in section 1 for some reason but somehow every time i try i get 1 of 3 results

1:screen doesn't autoscroll at all

2:screen starts moving weirdly and everything stops working

3:screen is already at the very end of section.

if someone knows what the fudge is happening please tell me i'd really appreciate it!

Chanceux2
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: People don't care about my threads! :(

Re: autoscroll

Postby Chanceux2 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:44 pm

So I don't know how to make a level start autoscrolling in other sections, I only know how to make it start autoscrolling in the Level - Start event so if someone could add on to this, that'd be great. Anyway,

To auto scroll the level (on PGE at least), you have to click the Level Start event, and there should a button named "Autoscroll Section" and click it. Towards the right of Section is where you can change where it autoscrolls. And of course you can change to horizontal speed and vertical Speed. After that, click the Level Start event, click Section Settings, Click the Define new button, and then capture. Set the size to the part of the level you want to scroll and then press the checkmark, and assuming I explained everything right it should scroll the screen.

CAPEYOSHISMBX
Rex
Rex
Flair: im just a bored amateur who likes mario...
Pronouns: he

Re: autoscroll

Postby CAPEYOSHISMBX » Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:46 pm

thanks but that's what went wrong last time but since everytime i get a reply about game editor problems it ends up working i might try it out later thanks!

Return to “Help and Support”