Need 1.2.2v episodes/levels

Need help with any SMBX game-related issues? Ask your questions here.
SuperErikNation
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
Current Project: MarioNation, Unnamed Story-driven Mario Episode

Need 1.2.2v episodes/levels

Postby SuperErikNation » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:05 pm

Heyo! Er, I need help.

I'm planning to make a big Old Version Episode Storage, where you can download levels from old versions, like 1.2.2. For example, if you can't run 1.3.0.1, but you can run 1.2.2 (like me D:) you won't be able to download any new episode, as they need you to have 1.3.0.1 installed. And there's when I need your help.

If you've played 1.2.2 before and have some episodes installed (assuming you haven't deleted your old smbx folder) I'd appreciate a lot if you can send some episodes to me. Thanks a lot.

btw im new to the forum sorry if i did something wrong ty

UPDATE:
Thanks to Way Back Machine, I was able to come up with some showcased levels in August, 2010. I put them together in a .rar file so anyone who uses 1.2.2 can download their basic episodes file.

The package includes:
* The Invasion (made by Redigit)
* The Invasion 2 (already available in 1.2.2, made by Redigit)
* The Princess Cliche (made by Redigit)
* The Great Castle Adventure (made by Zach and Zephyr)

DOWNLOAD
File size: 14.4 MB

LITE VERSION (The Invasion 2 not included)
File size: 8.5 MB
Last edited by SuperErikNation on Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mable
Peach
Peach
Current Project: Account soon to be deleted
Chat Username: Account soon to be d

Re: Need 1.2.2v episodes/levels

Postby Mable » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:57 pm

Why can't you get 1.3.0.1

Lx Xzit
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Lx Xzit » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:58 pm

First or all welcome the forum! I wouldn't recommend to you make levels/episodes with that version, I.e it's super old and I don't think people are interested in these old and limited levels.

If you can't run SMBX 1.3 in your computer there are better solutions for you:

- PGE Editor: It's better and smarter alternate editor for SMBX.
- SMBX LunaLua: (or SMBX 1.3.0.2): Requires fewer resources to your computer.

And there are some other alternatives; you should try them.

SuperErikNation
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Postby SuperErikNation » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:42 pm

Tinkerbell wrote:Why can't you get 1.3.0.1
Well, as FallingSnow stated in a forum thread a year and a half ago...
FallingSnow wrote:Your computer doesn't have enough RAM to run the game. SMBX itself takes around 1GB(1024MB) of RAM. With other computer processes taking a bit, you don't have enough to meet that requirement.
EDIT 1:
DarkMecha wrote:First or all welcome the forum! I wouldn't recommend to you make levels/episodes with that version, I.e it's super old and I don't think people are interested in these old and limited levels.

Lots. Of. Thanks. I'm downloading LunaLua (which is pretty slow), will edit this with my results.

SuperErikNation
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Postby SuperErikNation » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:26 pm

DarkMecha wrote:First or all welcome the forum! I wouldn't recommend to you make levels/episodes with that version, I.e it's super old and I don't think people are interested in these old and limited levels.

Sadly, LunaLua is not working and does the same results as SMBX 1.3 official installer. I'm opening LunaLoader, don't know if I'm doing something wrong. PGE Editor seems to be just that: an editor. I'd love to be able to play 1.3, but I'm sticking with 1.2.2 until someone creates an alternative that actually works for older PC's. Thank you, though.

EDIT, YET AGAIN:
This message pops up when opening LunaLoader.exe. Don't know if that's the problem.

RudeGuy
Luigi
Luigi
Flair: help
Current Project: a random smw hack
Chat Username: rudeguy

Postby RudeGuy » Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:38 am

Maybe try getting the hexed version?
im bored

SuperErikNation
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Postby SuperErikNation » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:08 pm

RudeGuy07 wrote:Maybe try getting the hexed version?
Saw both hexed and vainilla + launcher versions. I can't remember if I went out for the hexed or vainilla. Reinstalling both, will comment results.

UPDATE: Added some 1.2.2v levels that I've found on WBM.

FanofSMBX
Bowser
Bowser

Postby FanofSMBX » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:22 pm

I know that Super RMN Bros., Challenge Castle, and Return to Yoshi's Island are 1.2.2 compatible.

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
My graphics pack!
Supporting forums:

Spoiler: show
SMBX Galaxy forum by Pivot40Channel
http://smbxgalaxy.prophpbb.com/
Come to the SMBX+ forums by illias3000. There is a whole forum category dedicated to the boss rush series with official rushes, submit bosses, and fan boss rushes! It is still open but AirSeus Forums is now open:
http://nsmbx.prophpbb.com/
AirSeus Forums the new home of the Boss Rush series:
http://smbxairseusforums.prophpbb.com/
First to discover:
Spark
Eerie
Grinder
Rainbow Shell
Birdo
Boom Boom
KINGBOWSER112 RULES!

SuperErikNation
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Postby SuperErikNation » Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:47 pm

RudeGuy07 wrote:Maybe try getting the hexed version?
Same results as vanilla. Thought the problem was with the version, installing the oldest one. None works for me. I'm guessing it's more a problem with my computer than SMBX's. Too bad. waluigi time
FanofSMBX wrote:I know that Super RMN Bros., Challenge Castle, and Return to Yoshi's Island are 1.2.2 compatible.
Thank you! Gonna try them now.

Wohlstand
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Flair: 狐エンジニア
Current Project: Moondust (PGE Project)
Chat Username: Wohlstand#4881

Postby Wohlstand » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:11 am

I see you have old video card with bad support of OpenGL, and I have some computer with similar video card (ATI Radeon 9600 with 128 MB Ram) which a true shit, but it gives me ability to debug PGE Engine (which currently supports OpenGL >=3, therefore I planned to make backup SDL-based software render to allow play episodes via it). PGE is a toolset with engine and editor, not editor-only, but it's editor only temporary because engine part is still in alpha-state.

Also, my suggestions:
1) install Windows XP into separated partition and boot into it each time when you wish play SMBX.
2) You can try to close EVERYTHIN: Firefox/Chrome, Skype, Other messangers, etc. to have CLEAR DESKTOP (with no junk software running), and also set turning off Aero while you trying to run SMBX, this would speed-up SMBX working

Also, a small hint if you still choice to sit on SMBX 1.2:
PGE Editor is supports resaving into older SMBX formats: you can use it to convert levels made on modern SMBX'es into legacy format to take ability open those files in SMBX 1.2.2 and older [PGE supports saving even for SMBX 1.0!!!], but be sure than you will lose some parameters which are working with modern SMBXes:

1) open any level/world map in the PGE Editor

2) click "Save as"
3) Choice in the "File format" combobox the "SMBX 1...64" and press OK
4) In the spawned dialog type the "58" numver (Which an SMBX 1.2.2) or "59" (SMBX 1.2.2 Beta build 59)
5) profit!
List of SMBX Version codes:
SMBX 1.0.0 - 1 or 0 [intro.dat it's a level file in format 0]
SMBX 1.0.2 - 2
SMBX 1.1.1 - 18
SMBX 1.1.2 - 20
SMBX 1.2.0 - 28
SMBX 1.2.1 - 51
SMBX 1.2.2 - 58 and 59 for a newer Beta
SMBX 1.3 - 64
Note: you can save file into any not listed version codes, so, listed version numbers are maximum to take ability open level file correctly in that SMBX version
Note 2: look this specification to learn WHAT level file will lose when you will save it into older file format (light-green tags with greater/lesser signs are hints which minimal version supports that parameter in the file):
https://github.com/Wohlhabend-Networks/ ... iption.pdf

P.S. Windows 8.1 machine I have at job
PGE Project, my Media and supported projects: show
Support me on the Patreon

PGE Project
PGE Project SMBX Topic
PGE Project Official Site and forums
Download fresh experimental builds HERE!

I'm support:
Lowser's Conquest by Sednaiur

P.S. I don't like huge signatures which would be annoying, therefore I put huge content into spoilers

SuperErikNation
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Postby SuperErikNation » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:19 pm

Wohlstand wrote:I see you have old video card with bad support of OpenGL, and I have some computer with similar video card (ATI Radeon 9600 with 128 MB Ram) which a true shit, but it gives me ability to debug PGE Engine (which currently supports OpenGL >=3, therefore I planned to make backup SDL-based software render to allow play episodes via it). PGE is a toolset with engine and editor, not editor-only, but it's editor only temporary because engine part is still in alpha-state.

Also, my suggestions:
1) install Windows XP into separated partition and boot into it each time when you wish play SMBX.
2) You can try to close EVERYTHIN: Firefox/Chrome, Skype, Other messangers, etc. to have CLEAR DESKTOP (with no junk software running), and also set turning off Aero while you trying to run SMBX, this would speed-up SMBX working

Also, a small hint if you still choice to sit on SMBX 1.2:
PGE Editor is supports resaving into older SMBX formats: you can use it to convert levels made on modern SMBX'es into legacy format to take ability open those files in SMBX 1.2.2 and older [PGE supports saving even for SMBX 1.0!!!], but be sure than you will lose some parameters which are working with modern SMBXes:

1) open any level/world map in the PGE Editor

2) click "Save as"
3) Choice in the "File format" combobox the "SMBX 1...64" and press OK
4) In the spawned dialog type the "58" numver (Which an SMBX 1.2.2) or "59" (SMBX 1.2.2 Beta build 59)
5) profit!
List of SMBX Version codes:
SMBX 1.0.0 - 1 or 0 [intro.dat it's a level file in format 0]
SMBX 1.0.2 - 2
SMBX 1.1.1 - 18
SMBX 1.1.2 - 20
SMBX 1.2.0 - 28
SMBX 1.2.1 - 51
SMBX 1.2.2 - 58 and 59 for a newer Beta
SMBX 1.3 - 64
Note: you can save file into any not listed version codes, so, listed version numbers are maximum to take ability open level file correctly in that SMBX version
Note 2: look this specification to learn WHAT level file will lose when you will save it into older file format (light-green tags with greater/lesser signs are hints which minimal version supports that parameter in the file):
https://github.com/Wohlhabend-Networks/ ... iption.pdf

P.S. Windows 8.1 machine I have at job
Thanks a lot.
I'd love to make a XP partition, since games take less RAM requirements on that system. But as my computer is pretty defectous, (that's how you say it?) I think I'll stick with Windows 7 for now. That thingy with PGE Editor you explained to me, it's actually pretty awesome. If I make it run I'll try it tomorrow (it's 1:17 right now here) so thanks! I'd love to start reviewing Community maps with it.

BTW, I'll add the episodes that FanOfSMBX recommended to me in a while. Challenge Castle and Super RMN Bros (which I used to play years ago) work perfectly fine. Haven't tested Return to Yoshi's Island yet.

Return to “Help and Support”