Custom music trouble

Need help with any SMBX game-related issues? Ask your questions here.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
zCrystallite
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:27 am

Custom music trouble

Postby zCrystallite » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:21 pm

So I'm trying to import custom music, it's a compatible extension (.mp3, have audacity as well) and it's in the right folder, but it won't play. Is there a sure fire way to get custom music to play, or am i still doin' something wrong?

User avatar
Magician
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 572
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:36 pm

Re: Custom music trouble

Postby Magician » Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:47 pm

I'm asking a stupid question, but "Custom" is selected and the file name is entered properly, right?

Image

And the mp3 is in the same folder as the .lvl file?

User avatar
bossedit8
Toad
Toad
Posts: 6840
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:35 pm
Current Project: Airship Attack 2
Chat Username: <3 bossedit8 <3
Contact:

Re: Custom music trouble

Postby bossedit8 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:44 pm

If the Music is too strong (maybe a lot of bytes) for SMBX to play you have to wait until it plays. If it does not work at all then find another music or something that does not use a lot of quality in it.

User avatar
FallingSnow
Ninji
Ninji
Posts: 822
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:32 am

Re: Custom music trouble

Postby FallingSnow » Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:10 am

If what they have said is all correct, open it with audacity and export as an mp3. Then try again. This works for me sometimes with audio files that are being mean.

zCrystallite
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:27 am

Re: Custom music trouble

Postby zCrystallite » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:49 am

Magician wrote:I'm asking a stupid question, but "Custom" is selected and the file name is entered properly, right?

Image

And the mp3 is in the same folder as the .lvl file?
Yes and yes, I'm just asking because I wasn't sure if something changed or a bug occured somewhere.
FallingSnow wrote:If what they have said is all correct, open it with audacity and export as an mp3. Then try again. This works for me sometimes with audio files that are being mean.
Yea, I'm fooling around with that, it might be something with the actual files.

zCrystallite
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:27 am

Re: Custom music trouble

Postby zCrystallite » Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:13 am

So I've also tried taking out custom music from other episodes/levels that DO work in game and applying them to mine, but still nothing. I've also exported .mp3s and even .wav and .ogg tried versions for all, tried lowering the quality, etc, so I'm not sure exactly what's up

Here's where my stuff is located

Image

Could it possibly be my SMBX program maybe?

silent_
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Posts: 2157
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:34 pm
Current Project: something

Re: Custom music trouble

Postby silent_ » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:09 pm

zCrystallite wrote:So I've also tried taking out custom music from other episodes/levels that DO work in game and applying them to mine, but still nothing. I've also exported .mp3s and even .wav and .ogg tried versions for all, tried lowering the quality, etc, so I'm not sure exactly what's up

Here's where my stuff is located

Image

Could it possibly be my SMBX program maybe?
What website did you get your MP3 from? Link it to me and I'll experiment a bit.
previously known as Kep

User avatar
Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight
Posts: 4302
Joined: Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:56 pm

Re: Custom music trouble

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:21 pm

Make sure you enter in your music file name and THEN hit "Custom".

zCrystallite
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:27 am

Re: Custom music trouble

Postby zCrystallite » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:38 am

Kep wrote:
zCrystallite wrote:So I've also tried taking out custom music from other episodes/levels that DO work in game and applying them to mine, but still nothing. I've also exported .mp3s and even .wav and .ogg tried versions for all, tried lowering the quality, etc, so I'm not sure exactly what's up

Here's where my stuff is located

Image

Could it possibly be my SMBX program maybe?
What website did you get your MP3 from? Link it to me and I'll experiment a bit.
This one is literally from a different episode that works, it's from Super Mario Eternal Chaos. I was just doing this as an example since an mp3 that works in one ep should work in another, but it hasn't.

ill keep fooling around with it, if all else fails, do you think reinstalling SMBX would work?

Dark Doopliss
Shy Guy
Shy Guy
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat May 03, 2014 5:34 pm

Re: Custom music trouble

Postby Dark Doopliss » Sun May 11, 2014 3:43 pm

Oh! So THAT'S why it won't work for me! I have to have it in the same folder as the level file! Thanks, everyone! :lol: :D :) ;) :P

User avatar
Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Posts: 7570
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 pm
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Re: Custom music trouble

Postby Enjl » Sun May 11, 2014 5:38 pm

Dark Doopliss wrote:Oh! So THAT'S why it won't work for me! I have to have it in the same folder as the level file! Thanks, everyone! :lol: :D :) ;) :P
You don't have to. For example, if your level name is 'level1' and it has a custom graphics folder, you can place the music in that folder and enter

Code: Select all

level1\music.mp3
in the box for custom music. I haven't tested this while referring to a local drive and a bunch of subfolders yet, but I don't know why it shouldn't work.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Zenithium
Goomba
Goomba
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:09 pm

Re: Custom music trouble

Postby Zenithium » Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:21 pm

I still don't get this.

I can't find the file my level's in, I checked the invasion 2/warp9, everything. I even searched it in my SMBX folder and it still wasn't found.

User avatar
Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Posts: 7570
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 pm
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Re: Custom music trouble

Postby Enjl » Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:31 pm

Zenithium wrote:I still don't get this.

I can't find the file my level's in, I checked the invasion 2/warp9, everything. I even searched it in my SMBX folder and it still wasn't found.
Move your SMBX folder out of Program Files and onto your desktop.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Mable
Peach
Peach
Posts: 5838
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:23 am
Current Project: Account soon to be deleted
Chat Username: Account soon to be d
Contact:

Re: Custom music trouble

Postby Mable » Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:47 pm

Enjl wrote:
Dark Doopliss wrote:Oh! So THAT'S why it won't work for me! I have to have it in the same folder as the level file! Thanks, everyone! :lol: :D :) ;) :P
You don't have to. For example, if your level name is 'level1' and it has a custom graphics folder, you can place the music in that folder and enter

Code: Select all

level1\music.mp3
in the box for custom music. I haven't tested this while referring to a local drive and a bunch of subfolders yet, but I don't know why it shouldn't work.
It even worked for me when i had a folder called music in my worlds folder and it played the custom music in smbx without it being dragged out of the music folder.

User avatar
MarioboyFan602
Swooper
Swooper
Posts: 101
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:52 pm
Current Project: Super Mario Bros Remake
Chat Username: MarioboyFan602
Contact:

Re: Custom music trouble

Postby MarioboyFan602 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:25 pm

Enjl wrote:
Dark Doopliss wrote:Oh! So THAT'S why it won't work for me! I have to have it in the same folder as the level file! Thanks, everyone! :lol: :D :) ;) :P
You don't have to. For example, if your level name is 'level1' and it has a custom graphics folder, you can place the music in that folder and enter

Code: Select all

level1\music.mp3
in the box for custom music. I haven't tested this while referring to a local drive and a bunch of subfolders yet, but I don't know why it shouldn't work.
Yes! FInally! Did it! now i can add Custom Music into my Level! Thank You! You should do a Tutorial on this
-----Current Projects-----
Spoiler: show
Image
I Try my Best and be as Nice as Possible to Anyone :D

User avatar
Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Posts: 7570
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 pm
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Re: Custom music trouble

Postby Enjl » Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:37 pm

MarioboyFan602 wrote:
Enjl wrote:
Dark Doopliss wrote:Oh! So THAT'S why it won't work for me! I have to have it in the same folder as the level file! Thanks, everyone! :lol: :D :) ;) :P
You don't have to. For example, if your level name is 'level1' and it has a custom graphics folder, you can place the music in that folder and enter

Code: Select all

level1\music.mp3
in the box for custom music. I haven't tested this while referring to a local drive and a bunch of subfolders yet, but I don't know why it shouldn't work.
Yes! FInally! Did it! now i can add Custom Music into my Level! Thank You! You should do a Tutorial on this
Or, you know, you could look around.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

User avatar
MarioboyFan602
Swooper
Swooper
Posts: 101
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:52 pm
Current Project: Super Mario Bros Remake
Chat Username: MarioboyFan602
Contact:

Re: Custom music trouble

Postby MarioboyFan602 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:08 am

Look. Don't Put the SMBX Folder into the Program Files or it won't work with some PC. Put it somewhere else like the Desktop. Then Add the Custom Music File into where the Custom Graphics for where the one Level Graphics are. see if that works...
-----Current Projects-----
Spoiler: show
Image
I Try my Best and be as Nice as Possible to Anyone :D

User avatar
Sniperninja564
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:27 pm
Current Project: "A World On Fire" Episode

Re: Custom music trouble

Postby Sniperninja564 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:27 pm

MarioboyFan602 wrote:Look. Don't Put the SMBX Folder into the Program Files or it won't work with some PC. Put it somewhere else like the Desktop. Then Add the Custom Music File into where the Custom Graphics for where the one Level Graphics are. see if that works...
I learned that the hard way. Also windows automatically put's it there for somereason

SHAZAMITYLAM!!


User avatar
Dry Meowser Jr
Shy Guy
Shy Guy
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:52 pm
Flair: The Dark Catto
Chat Username: Cefyre

Re: Custom music trouble

Postby Dry Meowser Jr » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:21 pm

is smbx compatible with .aac files?

User avatar
bossedit8
Toad
Toad
Posts: 6840
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:35 pm
Current Project: Airship Attack 2
Chat Username: <3 bossedit8 <3
Contact:

Re: Custom music trouble

Postby bossedit8 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:00 am

Dry Meowser Jr wrote:is smbx compatible with .aac files?
I mean all I can say is try it out in SMBX 2.0... it might work. If not then you have to figure out with Audacity (or other programs and such to convert files with) as in which audio format is better to go by.


Return to “Help and Support”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests