Sound Files

Need help with any SMBX game-related issues? Ask your questions here.
BabyBlueFord
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
Current Project: Bowsers Conquest

Sound Files

Postby BabyBlueFord » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:20 pm

Hi, I need a bit of help with some sound files. I'm trying to replace zelda-grass.ogg in a custom folder for my level. The folder is named after the level, and I named the replacement sound file as zelda-grass.ogg in the folder. The file as replacement is also an .ogg file. I'm attempting to trigger the sound via event, but it isn't working, and instead is playing the normal sound file.

What am I doing wrong here? Can custom sound files not be used through events?
If you truly believe you can achieve something, then never let someone or something stop you because you know you can accomplish it.

Ness-Wednesday
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg
Flair: Diverse Scouts
Current Project: TBA ;)

Re: Sound Files

Postby Ness-Wednesday » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:07 pm

If you want to replace the sound effect, you should use the sounds.ini folder.
It's easy, first you need to copy and paste it into your graphics folder where your custom sound should be.
Then you change the original sound name with the one you want to replace the existing sound listed, remember to keep the name of the sound effect's file as well.
#Therealmofloveandhate

Join my Discord server!
Spoiler: show
Do you love Villagers? I know I do!
(Image is not by me)
Will Toad truly get an actual project, will something happen who knows?
OR

PixelPest
Link
Link
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest

Postby PixelPest » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:46 am

Ness-Wednesday wrote:If you want to replace the sound effect, you should use the sounds.ini folder.
It's easy, first you need to copy and paste it into your graphics folder where your custom sound should be.
Then you change the original sound name with the one you want to replace the existing sound listed, remember to keep the name of the sound effect's file as well.
It's not a folder, it's an ini file. You need LunaLua to do this and this might help for reference on how to put the sounds.ini file together: http://wohlsoft.ru/pgewiki/Game_Configu ... References

BabyBlueFord
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
Current Project: Bowsers Conquest

Postby BabyBlueFord » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:11 pm

Ok, I've made a folder named after my level, labeled my .ini 'sounds', and the format is as follows:

[sound-88]
name="Zelda Grass"
file="voiceclip.ogg"

Is there a reason it's still not playing via event? I have the voiceclip.ogg in the same folder (level folder) as my .ini. Is the problem occuring because I'm in editor mode?
If you truly believe you can achieve something, then never let someone or something stop you because you know you can accomplish it.

Return to “Help and Support”