Is there a video/guide for making a SMBX episode?

Need help with any SMBX game-related issues? Ask your questions here.
KoolGames
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Is there a video/guide for making a SMBX episode?

Postby KoolGames » Thu May 12, 2016 6:29 pm

I'm having trouble with making a SMBX episode, Is there a video/guide for making a SMBX episode?

Kitti and Minni
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Flair: Sanity is overrated.

Re: Is there a video/guide for making a SMBX episode?

Postby Kitti and Minni » Thu May 12, 2016 8:25 pm

It's most likely been forever since you posted this, and I wouldn't doubt that you would've found one by now, but I'm still gonna answer.

Yes. People have made tutorials, and just a quick YT search can get results. Google is also a good thing to use if you know where/what to look at/for.
Projects I'm involved in:
Spoiler: show
Currently the Head of (and only member involved with) development of
(Don't get your hopes up)
Thing's I'm supporting/excited for:

KoolGames
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Postby KoolGames » Fri May 13, 2016 9:12 am

Kitti and Minni wrote:It's most likely been forever since you posted this, and I wouldn't doubt that you would've found one by now, but I'm still gonna answer.

Yes. People have made tutorials, and just a quick YT search can get results. Google is also a good thing to use if you know where/what to look at/for.
When i search it just shows meh certain things like how to make a timer, a level, or world map, but i wanna learn about the tips and tricks and more, like maybe a whole series?

HeroLinik
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Cyan Yoshi Egg

Postby HeroLinik » Fri May 13, 2016 9:53 am

KoolGames wrote:Plz
OK, I'll help.

An SMBX episode is a collection of levels and world map all linked together. They give the feeling that you are playing a proper Mario game. If you want to make one, you must create a folder to house the levels in because they'll get lost pretty easily when you upload it. Also, you have to create a world map. This will have all of your levels in it, and will allow you to play levels. If you are making a Mario 64 styled hub episode, you still need the world map, otherwise your episode name will show up as blank (to make the episode name, open "Settings" in the world editor, and type it into "World Name").

If you get stuck, then look up the F1 guide for more help (press F1 when in the editor).
I support: show
Lol, you got trolled. Move along, if you please.
YouTube channel

Moderator of the r/Pokemon Discord server since 2019.

KoolGames
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Postby KoolGames » Fri May 13, 2016 9:59 am

Linik wrote:
OK, I'll help.

An SMBX episode is a collection of levels and world map all linked together. They give the feeling that you are playing a proper Mario game. If you want to make one, you must create a folder to house the levels in because they'll get lost pretty easily when you upload it. Also, you have to create a world map. This will have all of your levels in it, and will allow you to play levels. If you are making a Mario 64 styled hub episode, you still need the world map, otherwise your episode name will show up as blank (to make the episode name, open "Settings" in the world editor, and type it into "World Name").

If you get stuck, then look up the F1 guide for more help (press F1 when in the editor).
Thx m8 :D

HeroLinik
Cyan Yoshi Egg
Cyan Yoshi Egg

Postby HeroLinik » Fri May 13, 2016 10:06 am

KoolGames wrote:
Linik wrote:
OK, I'll help.

That's all right. In fact, this is the second time I've saved you from an SMBX-related problem.
I support: show
Lol, you got trolled. Move along, if you please.
YouTube channel

Moderator of the r/Pokemon Discord server since 2019.

KoolGames
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Postby KoolGames » Fri May 13, 2016 12:00 pm

Linik wrote:
KoolGames wrote:
Linik wrote: OK, I'll help.

That's all right. In fact, this is the second time I've saved you from an SMBX-related problem.
Ikr, I actually was playing SMBX for 6 years now, but I rarely used the editor

Akyuu
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby Akyuu » Fri May 13, 2016 9:37 pm

In the bottom of the page here we can see 2013-2016 SuperMarioBrosX.org
Smbx have really released in 2013? in my mind I started play it, idk, in 2012/2011 xd
Yuka is just a failed weeaboo

SamyPlaysSMBX
Monty Mole
Monty Mole

Postby SamyPlaysSMBX » Fri May 13, 2016 9:58 pm

Akyuu wrote:In the bottom of the page here we can see 2013-2016 SuperMarioBrosX.org
Smbx have really released in 2013? in my mind I started play it, idk, in 2012/2011 xd
The website changed over some time. I think it had to do with some copyright issues idk tbh.

Akyuu
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby Akyuu » Fri May 13, 2016 10:05 pm

SamyPlaysSMBX wrote:
Akyuu wrote:In the bottom of the page here we can see 2013-2016 SuperMarioBrosX.org
The website changed over some time. I think it had to do with some copyright issues idk tbh.
ah, this....
well, makes sense.

TDK
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro

Postby TDK » Sat May 14, 2016 6:26 am

SamyPlaysSMBX wrote:
SMBX was released in 2009.
In 2011, Redigit got a call from Nintendo to stop developing SMBX. The original website's domain (supermariobrothers.org) was taken over by Nintendo.
This forum was founded in 2013.

Akyuu
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby Akyuu » Sat May 14, 2016 6:37 am

TheDinoKing432 wrote:
SamyPlaysSMBX wrote:
SMBX was released in 2009.
In 2011, Redigit got a call from Nintendo to stop developing SMBX. The original website's domain (supermariobrothers.org) was taken over by Nintendo.
This forum was founded in 2013.
So I played this before 2011
Rip Redigit
Last edited by Akyuu on Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Sat May 14, 2016 10:56 am

SMBX was first released in 2009 and development was halted in early 2011 (or possibly late 2010). Redigit then received an unrelated call from Nintendo in April 2011 with a cease and desist, so he took down SMBX and its portion of his website, and then surrendered his website the following year. SuperMarioBrosX.org opened in December 2013, which is why the bottom of the page says "2013-2016".

Mable
Ludwig
Ludwig

Postby Mable » Sat May 14, 2016 11:58 am

We have Redigit sir. But he never posted yet nwither we have the topic that is dedicated to him.

Akyuu
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby Akyuu » Wed May 18, 2016 4:34 pm

uh ♥

Return to “Help and Support”