Self muting

Need help with any SMBX game-related issues? Ask your questions here.
Storm027
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Self muting

Postby Storm027 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:39 am

There is a bug for some episodes where the game mutes itself! when u enter a level after u lost enough lives in it, the music is gone and sound effects return soon, but when I die again, no music even on the world map. when I enter the level or any level for that matter the sound never is gone completely and the only way to return the sound and music is to exist the game completely! how to fix the bug? its irritating having to wait wait wait about 1-2 min for the game to load to the title screen.

Radiance
Level Reviewer
Level Reviewer
Current Project: viewtopic.php?t=16308

Re: Self muting

Postby Radiance » Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:52 am

On the world map:

That's a mistake in an episode . So there is no mistake with your software or PC, it's in the episode itself. Because in the world map, there should be two music box in it, but sometimes the creator put only just one.

In your other problem, I have no answer for that.

Ace

Postby Ace » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:06 am

this used to happen to me a lot when episodes used custom player sprites. It might still happen, it's been a long time since i actually sat down and played an episode unironically

Danny
Mario
Mario
Chat Username: Syndrilevosse#3884

Postby Danny » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:38 am

I had this problem just a few days ago when I played through The Princess Cliche as a test.
I used to be 8bitmushroom but not anymore.
If you need to get in contact with me, message me on Discord, or find me at SMW Central's Discord server where I moderate.

bossedit8
Banned
Current Project: Airship Attack 2
Chat Username: <3 bossedit8 <3

Postby bossedit8 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:56 am

If the game uses a lot of graphics especially playables it will take a lot of time to load every single graphics and if you load specific levels a lot of times eventually audio will break itself because of playable characters. To fix that, restart SMBX or even better, get SMBX 2.0 to avoid this problem.

Imaynotbehere4long
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Current Project: Chaotic Culmination: Universe Rescuer

Postby Imaynotbehere4long » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:55 am

Storm027 wrote:There is a bug for some episodes where the game mutes itself! when u enter a level after u lost enough lives in it, the music is gone and sound effects return soon, but when I die again, no music even on the world map. when I enter the level or any level for that matter the sound never is gone completely and the only way to return the sound and music is to exist the game completely! how to fix the bug? its irritating having to wait wait wait about 1-2 min for the game to load to the title screen.
I remember I had this same problem. If you have CCCP installed, open it and uncheck "enable mixing." This should fix your problem.

If you have an audio codec that isn't CCCP, there should still be a way you can add SMBX as an exception.
I've decided to cancel SMBXville Under Seige. After my 1st Senior year of college, I realized I wouldn't have enough time to devote to finishing my four-level episode. Apologies to those who cared.
My favorite quote on the entire forum:
Spoiler: show
mechamind wrote:
AeroMatter wrote:People who think "autistic" is an adjective and not a verb.
You autistic some people so much with that statement.
My SMBX portfolio:
Spoiler: show
(includes a Sonic 3D Blast styled level.)
SOMEONE ANSWER MY CRY FOR HELP: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =69&t=2026

Storm027
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby Storm027 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:06 pm

closing and reopening the game is the best cure for this problem as far as I can tell. I can't stand to play without sound, it makes me lose more than I usually do.

bossedit8
Banned
Current Project: Airship Attack 2
Chat Username: <3 bossedit8 <3

Postby bossedit8 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:36 pm

Storm027 wrote:closing and reopening the game is the best cure for this problem as far as I can tell. I can't stand to play without sound, it makes me lose more than I usually do.
Yeah I can understand that. With no audio it's less enjoyable to play. ;P

Radiance
Level Reviewer
Level Reviewer
Current Project: viewtopic.php?t=16308

Postby Radiance » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:00 am

bossedit8 wrote:
Storm027 wrote:closing and reopening the game is the best cure for this problem as far as I can tell. I can't stand to play without sound, it makes me lose more than I usually do.
Yeah I can understand that. With no audio it's less enjoyable to play. ;P
I do agree.

Storm027
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby Storm027 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:27 am

I really wonder if there was sound settings in game, I wonder if turning them on and off would work and fix the problem. are there sound settings in game we can access while we play

Wohlstand
Boom Boom
Boom Boom
Flair: 狐エンジニア
Current Project: Moondust (PGE Project)
Chat Username: Wohlstand#4881

Postby Wohlstand » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:08 am

Or just take LunaLUA-SMBX where audio engine is completely replaced and it requires no extra codecs and works stable.
PGE Project, my Media and supported projects: show
Support me on the Patreon

PGE Project
PGE Project SMBX Topic
PGE Project Official Site and forums
Download fresh experimental builds HERE!

I'm support:
Lowser's Conquest by Sednaiur

P.S. I don't like huge signatures which would be annoying, therefore I put huge content into spoilers

Return to “Help and Support”