Xbox One Controller Support?

Need help with any SMBX game-related issues? Ask your questions here.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
Don
Goomba
Goomba

Xbox One Controller Support?

Postby Don » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:29 pm

I've tried for the life of me to get my Xbox one controller to work with SMBX.
I've plugged it in and out several times before launch and while with no avail and I've also clicked on the input section in the controls menu. The input just stays to "keyboard"
If anyone has any idea how to get an Xbox one controller working I would greatly appreciate it,
Thanks

PixelPest
Link
Link
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest

Re: Xbox One Controller Support?

Postby PixelPest » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:35 pm

Check this out: http://joytokey.net/en/

Don
Goomba
Goomba

Postby Don » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:40 pm

So is there no native way for an xbox one controller to work with SMBX?
Thanks also, ill try it out if its not possible.

PixelPest
Link
Link
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest

Postby PixelPest » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:48 pm

Don wrote:So is there no native way for an xbox one controller to work with SMBX?
Thanks also, ill try it out if its not possible.
Not really. I'm pretty sure you need another program to establish the connection between the PC and the controller for most games anyway. Good luck!

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:51 pm

Xbox 360 USB controllers work natively, or at least they did when I'd use one with Windows Vista. What specific type of Xbox One controller do you have? And what version of SMBX are you running?

Don
Goomba
Goomba

Postby Don » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:06 pm

Joey wrote:Xbox 360 USB controllers work natively, or at least they did when I'd use one with Windows Vista. What specific type of Xbox One controller do you have? And what version of SMBX are you running?

I have a standard Xbox one controller. (Using it wired)
My game version is 2-Beta3

So I had no problem using JoyToKey last night but today my game doesn't detect keystrokes from joytokey or even xpadder.
If I try to input into a text box it works fine and shows the buttons being pressed but the game doesn't pick it up.

Shadow Yoshi
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Postby Shadow Yoshi » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:31 pm

That may be an issue with the 2.0 beta. Does your controller work with SMBX 1.3.0.1?

Horikawa Otane
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Horikawa Otane » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:42 pm

I use an Xbox one controller myself and it works great. Might be an issue with your drivers.

Don
Goomba
Goomba

Postby Don » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:10 pm

Horikawa Otane wrote:I use an Xbox one controller myself and it works great. Might be an issue with your drivers.
How would I go about reinstalling my drivers as they come with windows 10?
Joey wrote:That may be an issue with the 2.0 beta. Does your controller work with SMBX 1.3.0.1?
I haven't played any older version of smbx, but I guess ill try.
Horikawa Otane wrote:I use an Xbox one controller myself and it works great. Might be an issue with your drivers.
Oh also forgot to mention that any other game has no issue automatically picking up my controller so I don't think its a driver issue and more of a game specific issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7hwDNR ... e=youtu.be
Here is a video on the game basicly not picking it up.

Horikawa Otane
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Horikawa Otane » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:57 pm

Don wrote:
Oh also forgot to mention that any other game has no issue automatically picking up my controller so I don't think its a driver issue and more of a game specific issue.
Have you configured it? In the main menu (enter an episode and select exit) you need to set SMBX to use your controller instead of your keyboard.
Don wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7hwDNR ... e=youtu.be
Here is a video on the game basicly not picking it up.
Hm. I'm not sure. We've had no other complaints and I've personally used my Xbox One controller on multiple computers with SMBX, so I have to assume it's something on your end. Not sure what though.

Zeldamaster12
Cid
Cid
Flair: stop looking at my flair dangit
Chat Username: Zeldamaster12

Postby Zeldamaster12 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:29 pm

Please don't post more than once in a row, guys. Use the edit button.

Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing

Postby Electriking » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:42 am

Horikawa Otane wrote:
Don wrote:
Have you configured it? In the main menu (enter an episode and select exit) you need to set SMBX to use your controller instead of your keyboard.
I think the OP states yes
Don wrote:I've tried for the life of me to get my Xbox one controller to work with SMBX.
I've plugged it in and out several times before launch and while with no avail and I've also clicked on the input section in the controls menu. The input just stays to "keyboard"
If anyone has any idea how to get an Xbox one controller working I would greatly appreciate it,
Thanks
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

Horikawa Otane
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Horikawa Otane » Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:34 pm

King of Eterity wrote:
Horikawa Otane wrote:
Don wrote:
I think the OP states yes
Don wrote:I've tried for the life of me to get my Xbox one controller to work with SMBX.
Thanks
Try to reinstall your drivers here

Return to “Help and Support”