Put Your Suggestions For 2.0 Here!

Need help with any SMBX game-related issues? Ask your questions here.
User avatar
arcade999
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Posts: 1344
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: Put Your Suggestions For 2.0 Here!

Postby arcade999 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:52 pm

TheKidCodee wrote:
The0x539 wrote:
TheKidCodee wrote: Are you saying that Redigit himself is unprofessional?
Very. You should see his code.
You should be happy that he even made code. If he didnt. We wouldnt be here, would we?
I can barely why the fact that he made the main code of smbx and that without that, we wouldn't be here excuse the fact that the code is a mess and he isn't qualified anough.
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
check out my (shitpost) youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-fkps ... oRYc6XtNxQ
check out my discord server: https://discord.gg/nAjhRGb
check out my forum: http://arcade999forum.freeforums.net/
StickGuyGamez wrote:BRING ME BACK TO PENIS
Super Nick Bros X wrote:bruh
RTisBack wrote:Jesus christ isn't a lord/god you piece of human with no brain, and i mean that allah is the only one god.
Pop Yoshi Bros wrote:
arcade999 wrote:do using ms paint make me a bad human being?
No. It makes you a great veteran and someone who deserves respect...

unless you use Windows 7 paint
Noodle wrote:Danny is a crapposter. (I was in school when I typed this)
Snessy the duck wrote:
Electriking wrote:What the fuck is going on with this topic?
I have no idea. This guy honestly seems like a bot.

User avatar
Chaotic Gaming
Rex
Rex
Posts: 99
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:11 pm
Contact:

Re: Put Your Suggestions For 2.0 Here!

Postby Chaotic Gaming » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:43 pm

FlatKiwi wrote:
CC_Comedic_Comentator wrote:I understand this is going to be a developer nightmare but I do believe this would actually help not only players enjoy Super Mario Brothers X 2.0 better but also help to improve existing level designers' level design skills. My suggestion is for when you save a level using the PGE level editor that it marks down a special symbol or something in the file that indicates whether or not the developer tested the level and completed it using the level editor, each save of the level would give an incomplete symbol. To get and keep the complete symbol, the developer would have to test play the level and once complete the level file would be saved with the completed symbol. This is similar to how Super Mario maker will not allow you to publish a level unless you complete it to prevent non completable levels being apart of their collection. The primary use of the feature would be for the Mario challenge mode, the mode Lua script could read the levels selected from all the episodes in the worlds folder and check for the completed level indicator symbol. If the level contains a completed level symbol, then it will be loaded into the randomized level selection process but if the level does not contain the symbol or the symbol is for an uncompleted level, then the challenge mode will skip adding the level to the randomized level selection. This will make it easier for anyone playing the Mario challenge mode to play without worrying whether or not they're going to encounter a level that has no way of being completed. I am no immature at Super Mario and I am finding it extremely difficult to play the selection of level design contest level packs and even a few episodes found on this forum because a lot of them are completable and a lot of them are hard which isn't the complaint but several of them appear to not have been tested enough to prove that they are even completable. Main point is this will help level designers improve their ability to design levels since they will be forced to play them in order for them to be part of the Mario challenge mode and in the future maybe this proposed feature could be expanded to mimic Super Mario maker's level completion requirement for upload if an online feature is added that doesn't require the manual download off of this forum using off site links then the manual install of episodes and levels.
I see what you mean, but it wouldn't need an icon. I jsut think it would need a thing in the .lvl file to say it's verified or something.
That's what I mean exactly. There is a big difference between a unpassed troll level because it is really impassable and troll level that has been passed at least once. Also it wouldn't hurt to help others out there to improve on level design.
My Youtube Channel:
Chaotic Gaming[/center]
Knux wrote: "i honestly thought it boys"

a honetly thought this bottle of glayva was 20% but it was actually 35% i drank the whole lot help
Kley wrote: Knux, it's best to stay off the forums when you're drunk.

User avatar
TheKidCodee
Pokey
Pokey
Posts: 234
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:47 pm
Flair: ill teach your grandmother to suck eggs
Contact:

Re: Put Your Suggestions For 2.0 Here!

Postby TheKidCodee » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:05 pm

CC_Comedic_Comentator wrote:
FlatKiwi wrote:
CC_Comedic_Comentator wrote:I understand this is going to be a developer nightmare but I do believe this would actually help not only players enjoy Super Mario Brothers X 2.0 better but also help to improve existing level designers' level design skills. My suggestion is for when you save a level using the PGE level editor that it marks down a special symbol or something in the file that indicates whether or not the developer tested the level and completed it using the level editor, each save of the level would give an incomplete symbol. To get and keep the complete symbol, the developer would have to test play the level and once complete the level file would be saved with the completed symbol. This is similar to how Super Mario maker will not allow you to publish a level unless you complete it to prevent non completable levels being apart of their collection. The primary use of the feature would be for the Mario challenge mode, the mode Lua script could read the levels selected from all the episodes in the worlds folder and check for the completed level indicator symbol. If the level contains a completed level symbol, then it will be loaded into the randomized level selection process but if the level does not contain the symbol or the symbol is for an uncompleted level, then the challenge mode will skip adding the level to the randomized level selection. This will make it easier for anyone playing the Mario challenge mode to play without worrying whether or not they're going to encounter a level that has no way of being completed. I am no immature at Super Mario and I am finding it extremely difficult to play the selection of level design contest level packs and even a few episodes found on this forum because a lot of them are completable and a lot of them are hard which isn't the complaint but several of them appear to not have been tested enough to prove that they are even completable. Main point is this will help level designers improve their ability to design levels since they will be forced to play them in order for them to be part of the Mario challenge mode and in the future maybe this proposed feature could be expanded to mimic Super Mario maker's level completion requirement for upload if an online feature is added that doesn't require the manual download off of this forum using off site links then the manual install of episodes and levels.
I see what you mean, but it wouldn't need an icon. I jsut think it would need a thing in the .lvl file to say it's verified or something.
That's what I mean exactly. There is a big difference between a unpassed troll level because it is really impassable and troll level that has been passed at least once. Also it wouldn't hurt to help others out there to improve on level design.
It wouldn't be possible to put some line of text in the level folder. And I don't think it would be possible to change the level icon either. But you can suggest something else!
thekidcode . i rarely ever visit this account anymore, because i have evolved into some nobody named fluffy.

discord: https://discord.gg/sJRPyNG
twitter: https://twitter.com/FluffyFTA

original signature, before 8/28/2020:
Yes. I am a real kid.

Best Quotes Ever
Hoeloe wrote:BITE ME
TheOx539 wrote:WAIT WHAT

PixelPest
Link
Link
Posts: 7112
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:38 pm
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Contact:

Re: Put Your Suggestions For 2.0 Here!

Postby PixelPest » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:27 pm

TheKidCodee wrote:It wouldn't be possible to put some line of text in the level folder
How do you think save data works? There are LunaLua APIs rn that create a data file and then save to it, as well as the Data class and lunajson

User avatar
TheKidCodee
Pokey
Pokey
Posts: 234
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:47 pm
Flair: ill teach your grandmother to suck eggs
Contact:

Re: Put Your Suggestions For 2.0 Here!

Postby TheKidCodee » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:46 pm

PixelPest wrote:
TheKidCodee wrote:It wouldn't be possible to put some line of text in the level folder
How do you think save data works? There are LunaLua APIs rn that create a data file and then save to it, as well as the Data class and lunajson
mmm..
thekidcode . i rarely ever visit this account anymore, because i have evolved into some nobody named fluffy.

discord: https://discord.gg/sJRPyNG
twitter: https://twitter.com/FluffyFTA

original signature, before 8/28/2020:
Yes. I am a real kid.

Best Quotes Ever
Hoeloe wrote:BITE ME
TheOx539 wrote:WAIT WHAT

User avatar
Squp
Blooper
Blooper
Posts: 188
Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:10 pm
Flair: i can touch all three of my noses with my tongue!
Contact:

Re: Put Your Suggestions For 2.0 Here!

Postby Squp » Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:02 pm

I think a way to view video files while in a level would be cool- kinda like real video cutscenes, I'm not sure if you can do it in lunalua (yet)
Image

User avatar
Hoeloe
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Posts: 1277
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:18 pm
Flair: The Codehaus Girl

Re: Put Your Suggestions For 2.0 Here!

Postby Hoeloe » Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:01 pm

There was a extension made a while back to support videos, but the code was messy and difficult to integrate properly with the main build. It's something that is on the list though.

User avatar
TheKidCodee
Pokey
Pokey
Posts: 234
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:47 pm
Flair: ill teach your grandmother to suck eggs
Contact:

Re: Put Your Suggestions For 2.0 Here!

Postby TheKidCodee » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:30 pm

FlatKiwi wrote:I think a way to view video files while in a level would be cool- kinda like real video cutscenes, I'm not sure if you can do it in lunalua (yet)
I think there is one, but it plays animated images.
thekidcode . i rarely ever visit this account anymore, because i have evolved into some nobody named fluffy.

discord: https://discord.gg/sJRPyNG
twitter: https://twitter.com/FluffyFTA

original signature, before 8/28/2020:
Yes. I am a real kid.

Best Quotes Ever
Hoeloe wrote:BITE ME
TheOx539 wrote:WAIT WHAT

User avatar
Eri7
Banned
Posts: 1770
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:48 pm
Flair: Good Foundation allows for strong Execution
Contact:

Re: Put Your Suggestions For 2.0 Here!

Postby Eri7 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:46 am

My suggestion is to expand upon layer movement option in events by giving us a lot more slots where we can move layers than just one (borrowed from 38A's events system).My other suggestion is to stop a certain event or events by having this option when a certain event is activated, I know this can be done with Luna lua but its not easy and people prefer the easy option.

User avatar
Taycamgame
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg
Posts: 1436
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:35 am
Flair: Stargard
Contact:

Re: Put Your Suggestions For 2.0 Here!

Postby Taycamgame » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:14 am

I suggest a new help and info page detailing what each special blocks, NPC's etc. included in the folder. Like Microsoft Office apps, they have help guides installed, maybe this could too?
Official Level Reviewer (My Gold Yoshi Egg rank replaced the level reviewer icon, but i am still a level reviewer).
Image
Image
Image
Image
Check out the World Map Service that i host:
viewtopic.php?p=316733#p316733
Check out the projects i support:
Spoiler: show
ImageImage
Image
Image
Quotes: show
xDestroy wrote:
Wellington Games wrote:Taycamgame, I know how to take screenshots in the SMBX.
https://nsmbx.proboards.com/
------
Tower Mario Bros.

TheNewGuy
Eerie
Eerie
Posts: 929
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:32 am
Contact:

Re: Put Your Suggestions For 2.0 Here!

Postby TheNewGuy » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:23 am

Taycamgame wrote:I suggest a new help and info page detailing what each special blocks, NPC's etc. included in the folder. Like Microsoft Office apps, they have help guides installed, maybe this could too?
Why are you too lazy to test it? It would be useless.
I support:
Spoiler: show
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Taycamgame
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg
Posts: 1436
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:35 am
Flair: Stargard
Contact:

Re: Put Your Suggestions For 2.0 Here!

Postby Taycamgame » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:57 am

TheNewGuy wrote:
Taycamgame wrote:I suggest a new help and info page detailing what each special blocks, NPC's etc. included in the folder. Like Microsoft Office apps, they have help guides installed, maybe this could too?
Why are you too lazy to test it? It would be useless.
I'm not lazy, it's just that new users may have trouble with certain items, especially those that were never in the original Mario games.
Anyway, will 2.0 Beta 4 be more stable than Beta 3? My game has crashed and it won't let me close the window.
Official Level Reviewer (My Gold Yoshi Egg rank replaced the level reviewer icon, but i am still a level reviewer).
Image
Image
Image
Image
Check out the World Map Service that i host:
viewtopic.php?p=316733#p316733
Check out the projects i support:
Spoiler: show
ImageImage
Image
Image
Quotes: show
xDestroy wrote:
Wellington Games wrote:Taycamgame, I know how to take screenshots in the SMBX.
https://nsmbx.proboards.com/
------
Tower Mario Bros.

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Posts: 8882
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 pm
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Re: Put Your Suggestions For 2.0 Here!

Postby Enjl » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:13 am

Taycamgame wrote:I suggest a new help and info page detailing what each special blocks, NPC's etc. included in the folder. Like Microsoft Office apps, they have help guides installed, maybe this could too?
We're adding tooltips in Beta 4. You can get them when hovering over an object in the tileset itembox. Here's a sneak peek:
Image
Ideas are useless if you can't make them real.
Image

All my assets from packs and episodes are free to use for non-Novaverse levels and projects, as long as proper credit is given.

User avatar
Taycamgame
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg
Posts: 1436
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:35 am
Flair: Stargard
Contact:

Re: Put Your Suggestions For 2.0 Here!

Postby Taycamgame » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:18 am

Wow, that was more than I was expecting to see! We even get a glimpse at some new enemies.
...on that image, what are the red crosses for? Will they be removed in Beta 4?
Official Level Reviewer (My Gold Yoshi Egg rank replaced the level reviewer icon, but i am still a level reviewer).
Image
Image
Image
Image
Check out the World Map Service that i host:
viewtopic.php?p=316733#p316733
Check out the projects i support:
Spoiler: show
ImageImage
Image
Image
Quotes: show
xDestroy wrote:
Wellington Games wrote:Taycamgame, I know how to take screenshots in the SMBX.
https://nsmbx.proboards.com/
------
Tower Mario Bros.

PixelPest
Link
Link
Posts: 7112
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:38 pm
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Contact:

Re: Put Your Suggestions For 2.0 Here!

Postby PixelPest » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:42 am

Eri7 wrote:My suggestion is to expand upon layer movement option in events by giving us a lot more slots where we can move layers than just one (borrowed from 38A's events system).My other suggestion is to stop a certain event or events by having this option when a certain event is activated, I know this can be done with Luna lua but its not easy and people prefer the easy option.
The latter might be an option at some point however for the former, there's no issue at hand as you can instantly trigger events from other events to move multiple layers on the same frame

User avatar
Hoeloe
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Posts: 1277
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:18 pm
Flair: The Codehaus Girl

Re: Put Your Suggestions For 2.0 Here!

Postby Hoeloe » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:52 am

Taycamgame wrote:Wow, that was more than I was expecting to see! We even get a glimpse at some new enemies.
...on that image, what are the red crosses for? Will they be removed in Beta 4?
The red crosses mark deprecated NPCs. They won't be removed from the game for compatibility, but we are adding strong insentive not to use them. All of those NPCs have newer replacements with better functionality which you can use instead, but older 1.3 levels will still work even though they use the deprecated NPCs.

User avatar
FireyPaperMario
Toad
Toad
Posts: 6098
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:39 pm
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^
Contact:

Re: Put Your Suggestions For 2.0 Here!

Postby FireyPaperMario » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:02 am

Here's my suggestion for 2.0 beta 4:

Cheats that are fun to experiment with, and not required to beat a extremely tough smbx level! Just like in SMB Crossover! ^^
Custom mega drive playable sprites
Mario RPG goals (62% completed)
My Pixiv
Best Quotes: show
Danny wrote:
Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:49 pm
No creativeness.

Never released an episode anyway.

Never plan to right now, but maybe in the future.
Idunn wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:26 am
That’s how evolution works, nothing disturbing about it.
I'm autistic & have ADHD

PixelPest
Link
Link
Posts: 7112
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:38 pm
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Contact:

Re: Put Your Suggestions For 2.0 Here!

Postby PixelPest » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:03 am

MarioRPGExpert93 wrote:Here's my suggestion for 2.0 beta 4:

Cheats that are fun to experiment with, and not required to beat a extremely tough smbx level! Just like in SMB Crossover! ^^
How about name a few examples? We already have upwards of like 30 or 40 iirc

User avatar
FireyPaperMario
Toad
Toad
Posts: 6098
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:39 pm
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^
Contact:

Re: Put Your Suggestions For 2.0 Here!

Postby FireyPaperMario » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:13 am

PixelPest wrote:
MarioRPGExpert93 wrote:Here's my suggestion for 2.0 beta 4:

Cheats that are fun to experiment with, and not required to beat a extremely tough smbx level! Just like in SMB Crossover! ^^
How about name a few examples? We already have upwards of like 30 or 40 iirc
here's a few examples of cheats from Super Mario Bros. Crossover I'd like to see in SMBX2 Beta 4:
  • Bouncy Pits that makes you bounce instead of killing you
  • Unlimited use of a character's limited ammo (Examples. Link's bombs, Ninja Bomberman's fireball bombs he gets once he collects a fire flower, Samus's missiles, etc.)
  • Swimming in the air

That's all the cheats from Crossover I can think of that'll look nice in SMBX2 Beta 4

Custom mega drive playable sprites
Mario RPG goals (62% completed)
My Pixiv
Best Quotes: show
Danny wrote:
Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:49 pm
No creativeness.

Never released an episode anyway.

Never plan to right now, but maybe in the future.
Idunn wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:26 am
That’s how evolution works, nothing disturbing about it.
I'm autistic & have ADHD

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Posts: 8882
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 pm
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Re: Put Your Suggestions For 2.0 Here!

Postby Enjl » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:26 am

MarioRPGExpert93 wrote:
  • Swimming in the air
wetwater
Ideas are useless if you can't make them real.
Image

All my assets from packs and episodes are free to use for non-Novaverse levels and projects, as long as proper credit is given.


Return to “Help and Support”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests