Put Your Suggestions For 2.0 Here!

Need help with any SMBX game-related issues? Ask your questions here.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
User avatar
MarioMario369
Bit
Bit
Posts: 133
Joined: Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:05 am
Chat Username: MarioMario369
Contact:

Re: Suggestions for 2.0

Postby MarioMario369 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:04 am

They look good. Put these in Beta 4!
Image


Here are my friend codes.

Nintendo 3ds: 0018-0618-4029

Nintendo Switch: SW-7306-0069-7414

User avatar
PixelPest
Link
Link
Posts: 7118
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:38 pm
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest
Contact:

Re: Suggestions for 2.0

Postby PixelPest » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:45 am

It's just not basegame-worthy. More something that would be used solely on a per-episode basis

User avatar
arcade999
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Posts: 1348
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:23 pm
Current Project: I was working on something and AAAARRRGGGHHH, FUCK, MY LAPTOP BROKE!!!
Chat Username: arcade999

Re: Suggestions for 2.0

Postby arcade999 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:53 pm

I don't care if it is ONLY the swimming frame; in older levels, customs characterss will a an untextured mario frame, and no one want that to happen.
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
check out my (shitpost) youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-fkps ... oRYc6XtNxQ
check out my discord server: https://discord.gg/nAjhRGb
check out my forum: http://arcade999forum.freeforums.net/
StickGuyGamez wrote:BRING ME BACK TO PENIS
Super Nick Bros X wrote:bruh
RTisBack wrote:Jesus christ isn't a lord/god you piece of human with no brain, and i mean that allah is the only one god.
Pop Yoshi Bros wrote:
arcade999 wrote:do using ms paint make me a bad human being?
No. It makes you a great veteran and someone who deserves respect...

unless you use Windows 7 paint
Noodle wrote:Danny is a crapposter. (I was in school when I typed this)
Snessy the duck wrote:
Electriking wrote:What the fuck is going on with this topic?
I have no idea. This guy honestly seems like a bot.

User avatar
TheKidCodee
Pokey
Pokey
Posts: 231
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:47 pm
Current Project: SMBX: Allstars Pack
Chat Username: Dan The Coder

Re: Suggestions for 2.0

Postby TheKidCodee » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:12 pm

PixelPest wrote:It's just not basegame-worthy. More something that would be used solely on a per-episode basis
Per-Episode Basis? These are not only for beta 4. More for the final ver. of 2.0.
(Quick question: Will my suggestions be for Beta 4? (For the heck of it (yes i just did that) ) )
arcade999 wrote:I don't care if it is ONLY the swimming frame; in older levels, customs characterss will a an untextured mario frame, and no one want that to happen.
A lot of the other characters dont have special abilites that arent the same as others. Not to mention this is a lua script intended for the 4 main charcaters. Its not like its hardcoded.

So.... i just wanna know if theres a response to anything else.
The fourms is really quiet, so yeah.
Yes. I am a real kid.

Best Quotes Ever
Hoeloe wrote:BITE ME
TheOx539 wrote:WAIT WHAT

User avatar
PixelPest
Link
Link
Posts: 7118
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:38 pm
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest
Contact:

Re: Suggestions for 2.0

Postby PixelPest » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:59 pm

TheKidCodee wrote:
PixelPest wrote:It's just not basegame-worthy. More something that would be used solely on a per-episode basis
Per-Episode Basis? These are not only for beta 4. More for the final ver. of 2.0.
(Quick question: Will my suggestions be for Beta 4? (For the heck of it (yes i just did that) ) )
Plain and simple: no. These things aren't overly useful and won't be included as basegame material. It's not really a priority and worth taking the time to make at the moment and as not very many people would use them and have compatibility issues in some cases
Last edited by PixelPest on Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
TheKidCodee
Pokey
Pokey
Posts: 231
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:47 pm
Current Project: SMBX: Allstars Pack
Chat Username: Dan The Coder

Re: Suggestions for 2.0

Postby TheKidCodee » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:28 pm

PixelPest wrote:
TheKidCodee wrote:
PixelPest wrote:It's just not basegame-worthy. More something that would be used solely on a per-episode basis
Per-Episode Basis? These are not only for beta 4. More for the final ver. of 2.0.
(Quick question: Will my suggestions be for Beta 4? (For the heck of it (yes i just did that) ) )
Plain and simple: no. These things aren't overly useful and won't be included as basegame material. It's not really a priority and worth taking the time to make at the moment and as not very many people would use them and have compatibility issues in some cases[/quote]
Well, ok so i guess this topic is useless. (way to kill it.)
Yes. I am a real kid.

Best Quotes Ever
Hoeloe wrote:BITE ME
TheOx539 wrote:WAIT WHAT

Westretroman
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Posts: 703
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:50 pm

Re: Suggestions for 2.0

Postby Westretroman » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:59 am

TheKidCodee wrote:
PixelPest wrote:
TheKidCodee wrote:
Per-Episode Basis? These are not only for beta 4. More for the final ver. of 2.0.
(Quick question: Will my suggestions be for Beta 4? (For the heck of it (yes i just did that) ) )
Plain and simple: no. These things aren't overly useful and won't be included as basegame material. It's not really a priority and worth taking the time to make at the moment and as not very many people would use them and have compatibility issues in some cases
Well, ok so i guess this topic is useless. (way to kill it.)
I don't think this topic was useless, but some of your suggestions didn't appease them, you can still suggest things, but try another idea that would work, but if you think that it's still useless, then yeah, leave the power of decision making to the higher-ups, meanwhile, you can train your Lunalua knowledge to create some cool stuff and maybe the suggestions you listed above.

User avatar
Radiance
Level Reviewer
Level Reviewer
Posts: 1264
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:53 am
Current Project: viewtopic.php?t=16308

Re: Put Your Suggestions For 2.0 Here!

Postby Radiance » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:36 am

I'm more worried about the quotes than the recent topic.

User avatar
TheKidCodee
Pokey
Pokey
Posts: 231
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:47 pm
Current Project: SMBX: Allstars Pack
Chat Username: Dan The Coder

Re: Suggestions for 2.0

Postby TheKidCodee » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:58 am

Westretroman wrote: I don't think this topic was useless, but some of your suggestions didn't appease them, you can still suggest things, but try another idea that would work, but if you think that it's still useless, then yeah, leave the power of decision making to the higher-ups, meanwhile, you can train your Lunalua knowledge to create some cool stuff and maybe the suggestions you listed above.
"appease?" Im not trying to "appease" them. But i am saying what they should be doing with 2.0.

And as a seperate comment. I really dont think SMBX2 Is the proper name for this. Cause its still a continuation of SMBX 1.3. 2.0 is the proper name for this mostly cause there's not a whole bunch of things at the moment. besides the new characters, and lunalua. If you want to truly call this SMBX 2. Do what Sonic 2 + 3&K did and do something truly Game Changing. that distincts that this is a true, legitiment sequel to SMBX. Not something added from another game. Something Original And Game Changing.
Yes. I am a real kid.

Best Quotes Ever
Hoeloe wrote:BITE ME
TheOx539 wrote:WAIT WHAT

User avatar
The0x539
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Posts: 751
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:02 pm
Current Project: SMBX2

Re: Suggestions for 2.0

Postby The0x539 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:48 am

TheKidCodee wrote:
Westretroman wrote: I don't think this topic was useless, but some of your suggestions didn't appease them, you can still suggest things, but try another idea that would work, but if you think that it's still useless, then yeah, leave the power of decision making to the higher-ups, meanwhile, you can train your Lunalua knowledge to create some cool stuff and maybe the suggestions you listed above.
"appease?" Im not trying to "appease" them. But i am saying what they should be doing with 2.0.

And as a seperate comment. I really dont think SMBX2 Is the proper name for this. Cause its still a continuation of SMBX 1.3. 2.0 is the proper name for this mostly cause there's not a whole bunch of things at the moment. besides the new characters, and lunalua. If you want to truly call this SMBX 2. Do what Sonic 2 + 3&K did and do something truly Game Changing. that distincts that this is a true, legitiment sequel to SMBX. Not something added from another game. Something Original And Game Changing.
Original and game changing, like LunaLua?

User avatar
TheKidCodee
Pokey
Pokey
Posts: 231
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:47 pm
Current Project: SMBX: Allstars Pack
Chat Username: Dan The Coder

Re: Suggestions for 2.0

Postby TheKidCodee » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:54 am

The0x539 wrote:
TheKidCodee wrote:
Westretroman wrote: I don't think this topic was useless, but some of your suggestions didn't appease them, you can still suggest things, but try another idea that would work, but if you think that it's still useless, then yeah, leave the power of decision making to the higher-ups, meanwhile, you can train your Lunalua knowledge to create some cool stuff and maybe the suggestions you listed above.
"appease?" Im not trying to "appease" them. But i am saying what they should be doing with 2.0.

And as a seperate comment. I really dont think SMBX2 Is the proper name for this. Cause its still a continuation of SMBX 1.3. 2.0 is the proper name for this mostly cause there's not a whole bunch of things at the moment. besides the new characters, and lunalua. If you want to truly call this SMBX 2. Do what Sonic 2 + 3&K did and do something truly Game Changing. that distincts that this is a true, legitiment sequel to SMBX. Not something added from another game. Something Original And Game Changing.
Original and game changing, like LunaLua?
Lunalua is another coding system. Good, but not what i mean

Also, everything new in the game is a lua script. I feel like this could be a problem due to some glitches i found in the game with the new chracters. I hope this gets fixed in the future.
Last edited by TheKidCodee on Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Yes. I am a real kid.

Best Quotes Ever
Hoeloe wrote:BITE ME
TheOx539 wrote:WAIT WHAT

User avatar
The0x539
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Posts: 751
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:02 pm
Current Project: SMBX2

Re: Suggestions for 2.0

Postby The0x539 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:02 pm

TheKidCodee wrote:
The0x539 wrote:
TheKidCodee wrote: "appease?" Im not trying to "appease" them. But i am saying what they should be doing with 2.0.

And as a seperate comment. I really dont think SMBX2 Is the proper name for this. Cause its still a continuation of SMBX 1.3. 2.0 is the proper name for this mostly cause there's not a whole bunch of things at the moment. besides the new characters, and lunalua. If you want to truly call this SMBX 2. Do what Sonic 2 + 3&K did and do something truly Game Changing. that distincts that this is a true, legitiment sequel to SMBX. Not something added from another game. Something Original And Game Changing.
Original and game changing, like LunaLua?
Lunalua is another coding system. Good, but not what i mean
What?
TheKidCodee wrote:Also, everything new in the game is a lua script.
...yes, and? So what? What difference does it make to people who don't know how to use it?
I feel like this could be a problem due to some glitches i found in the game with the new chracters. I hope this gets fixed in the future.
Again, what?

If you have bugs, please report them. If it has to do with multiplayer with the new playables, it's due to a limitation with how LunaLua is set up. A limitation Rednaxela is working to remove. We can't read your mind to find out what bugs you're experiencing, though.

User avatar
TheKidCodee
Pokey
Pokey
Posts: 231
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:47 pm
Current Project: SMBX: Allstars Pack
Chat Username: Dan The Coder

Re: Suggestions for 2.0

Postby TheKidCodee » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:08 pm

The0x539 wrote: If you have bugs, please report them. If it has to do with multiplayer with the new playables, it's due to a limitation with how LunaLua is set up. A limitation Rednaxela is working to remove. We can't read your mind to find out what bugs you're experiencing, though.
When doing the Flamethrower cheat, megaman can actually shoot fireballs (Normal ones), even when he's out of bullets. And kolona can actually spin jump, it even uses the correct sprites. I dont know how i found that bug, but its there. (And the multiplayer bug is there probably due to the fact that the Dev. Team corrupted some scripts for 2P.) lunatester crashes randomly, when using the shadow star cheat with a costume the costume stays the same (But the fireball doesnt). Theres also probably a lot more bugs that could be caused by lunalua. And its kinda unprofessional to code new stuff into a game with a completely diffrent engine.
But there. All the bugs i could find.
Yes. I am a real kid.

Best Quotes Ever
Hoeloe wrote:BITE ME
TheOx539 wrote:WAIT WHAT

User avatar
The0x539
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Posts: 751
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:02 pm
Current Project: SMBX2

Re: Put Your Suggestions For 2.0 Here!

Postby The0x539 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:27 pm

TheKidCodee wrote:When doing the Flamethrower cheat, megaman can actually shoot fireballs (Normal ones), even when he's out of bullets.
Likely to be fixed in Beta 4 by a rework we're doing to Megaman so that he shoots a new and separate NPC.
TheKidCodee wrote:And the multiplayer bug is there probably due to the fact that
We know exactly why it's happening, it's because we don't have the tech to change the hitboxes for, say, Peach, on a per-player basis.
TheKidCodee wrote:corrupted some scripts
This is very much not a thing.
TheKidCodee wrote:when using the shadow star cheat with a costume the costume stays the same
This is because shadowstar, in Beta 3 and earlier, relies on having a masked GIF for the player graphics, when I imagine the costumes are PNG. In Beta 4 we've fixed this by drawing a solid black version of the player on top of the player using shaders.
TheKidCodee wrote:Theres also probably a lot more bugs that could be caused by lunalua.
LunaLua does not cause any bugs. All bugs in SMBX2 content are with SMBX2 content, if you haven't noticed.
TheKidCodee wrote:And its kinda unprofessional to code new stuff into a game with a completely diffrent engine.
What?

User avatar
TheKidCodee
Pokey
Pokey
Posts: 231
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:47 pm
Current Project: SMBX: Allstars Pack
Chat Username: Dan The Coder

Re: Put Your Suggestions For 2.0 Here!

Postby TheKidCodee » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:04 am

Im going to talk about the ones i need to respond to.
TheKidCodee wrote:Theres also probably a lot more bugs that could be caused by lunalua.
LunaLua does not cause any bugs. All bugs in SMBX2 content are with SMBX2 content, if you haven't noticed.
Ok, happy thats cleared up.
TheKidCodee wrote:And its kinda unprofessional to code new stuff into a game with a completely diffrent engine.
What?
Just an opinion and should not affect SMBX2's Devolopment.
Yes. I am a real kid.

Best Quotes Ever
Hoeloe wrote:BITE ME
TheOx539 wrote:WAIT WHAT

User avatar
PixelPest
Link
Link
Posts: 7118
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:38 pm
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest
Contact:

Re: Put Your Suggestions For 2.0 Here!

Postby PixelPest » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:19 am

TheKidCodee wrote:And its kinda unprofessional to code new stuff into a game with a completely diffrent engine.
What?
Just an opinion and should not affect SMBX2's Devolopment.[/quote]
Kinda a weird opinion since it uses the same engine and it works. No idea what is unprofessional besides the fact that it's an unofficial Mario game which basically applies to all versions

User avatar
The0x539
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Posts: 751
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:02 pm
Current Project: SMBX2

Re: Put Your Suggestions For 2.0 Here!

Postby The0x539 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:32 am

TheKidCodee wrote:And its kinda unprofessional to code new stuff into a game with a completely diffrent engine.
It's kinda unprofessional to make something in Visual Basic 6 in 2009, when the language was last updated in 1998 and officially declared dead in 2008.

User avatar
TheKidCodee
Pokey
Pokey
Posts: 231
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:47 pm
Current Project: SMBX: Allstars Pack
Chat Username: Dan The Coder

Re: Put Your Suggestions For 2.0 Here!

Postby TheKidCodee » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:45 pm

The0x539 wrote:
TheKidCodee wrote:And its kinda unprofessional to code new stuff into a game with a completely diffrent engine.
It's kinda unprofessional to make something in Visual Basic 6 in 2009, when the language was last updated in 1998 and officially declared dead in 2008.
Are you saying that Redigit himself is unprofessional?
and this is a fourm for suggestions, not deylayed comebacks
Yes. I am a real kid.

Best Quotes Ever
Hoeloe wrote:BITE ME
TheOx539 wrote:WAIT WHAT

User avatar
The0x539
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Posts: 751
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:02 pm
Current Project: SMBX2

Re: Put Your Suggestions For 2.0 Here!

Postby The0x539 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:01 pm

TheKidCodee wrote:
The0x539 wrote:
TheKidCodee wrote:And its kinda unprofessional to code new stuff into a game with a completely diffrent engine.
It's kinda unprofessional to make something in Visual Basic 6 in 2009, when the language was last updated in 1998 and officially declared dead in 2008.
Are you saying that Redigit himself is unprofessional?
Very. You should see his code.

User avatar
TheKidCodee
Pokey
Pokey
Posts: 231
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:47 pm
Current Project: SMBX: Allstars Pack
Chat Username: Dan The Coder

Re: Put Your Suggestions For 2.0 Here!

Postby TheKidCodee » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:08 pm

The0x539 wrote:
TheKidCodee wrote:
The0x539 wrote: It's kinda unprofessional to make something in Visual Basic 6 in 2009, when the language was last updated in 1998 and officially declared dead in 2008.
Are you saying that Redigit himself is unprofessional?
Very. You should see his code.
You should be happy that he even made code. If he didnt. We wouldnt be here, would we?
Yes. I am a real kid.

Best Quotes Ever
Hoeloe wrote:BITE ME
TheOx539 wrote:WAIT WHAT


Return to “Help and Support”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSN [Bot] and 4 guests