2.0 Episode Chapters

Having a problem with SMBX? Need assistance with a tool or with the site? Ask your questions here.
User avatar
Noodle
Banned
Posts: 595
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:34 am
Location: Eastern Standard Timezone
Chat Username: N00d13
Contact:

2.0 Episode Chapters

Postby Noodle » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:16 pm

How do I make a level (pref. the hub) vary from chapter to chapter?

If it requires LL or TEA Scripts, post them here.
Danny Quotes: show
Danny wrote:Bruv, why can't you keep your fanfictions to one contained thread?

Danny wrote:Pardon me? This doesn't defend your case whatsoever.

Sadly, the rest of my signature was eaten by an evil kumquat.

User avatar
PixelPest
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:38 pm
Current Project: It's a secret for now...
Location: Canada, Eh?
Chat Username: Pix le Pest
Contact:

Re: 2.0 Episode Chapters

Postby PixelPest » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:22 pm

Noodle wrote:If it requires LL or TEA Scripts, post them here.

It doesn't work like that. You haven't specified how the hub changes and what triggers those changes. Also Teascript can't be used in SMBX2
Image
My current project. (Demo 0.1 has been released!)

Check out a new dead SMBX Discord server; bots, media, VIP, and more: https://discord.gg/edgBUVM

Check out some cool LunaLua stuff:


My Graphics Pack: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=12472

My Levels: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=89&t=16349

User avatar
Musicality_Minister45
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 546
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:34 pm
Current Project: Some things, QUALITY JOURNEYS
Location: In a garbage patch

Re: 2.0 Episode Chapters

Postby Musicality_Minister45 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:13 pm

You don't need LunaLua necessarily, but it would make it a lot easier. It would pretty much be a game of events, triggers, and similar levels, and a lot of warping tomfoolery.
I believe in Redgit as my lord and savior. If you do, please put this in your signature

My favorite-est quotes:
Spoiler: show
Image
Musicality_Minister45 wrote:Any graphics pack that has memes or Pokémon in I'm down for. I love them both! :lol:


Image

Danny wrote:
Ryaa wrote:
xDestroy wrote:top 10 anime betrayals

top 10 top 10s

top 10 dannys in your neighborhood


Image


I might be revealing an episode soon...

Comic thread: https://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=19880

User avatar
PixelPest
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:38 pm
Current Project: It's a secret for now...
Location: Canada, Eh?
Chat Username: Pix le Pest
Contact:

Re: 2.0 Episode Chapters

Postby PixelPest » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:29 pm

Musicality_Minister45 wrote:You don't need LunaLua necessarily, but it would make it a lot easier. It would pretty much be a game of events, triggers, and similar levels, and a lot of warping tomfoolery.

If you save and quit everything will be reset in terms of layers and events though
Image
My current project. (Demo 0.1 has been released!)

Check out a new dead SMBX Discord server; bots, media, VIP, and more: https://discord.gg/edgBUVM

Check out some cool LunaLua stuff:


My Graphics Pack: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=12472

My Levels: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=89&t=16349

User avatar
MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Posts: 5284
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:40 pm
Current Project: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 9&start=10
Location: Antarctica
Chat Username: 鬼人 正邪
Contact:

Re: 2.0 Episode Chapters

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:31 am

PixelPest wrote:
Musicality_Minister45 wrote:You don't need LunaLua necessarily, but it would make it a lot easier. It would pretty much be a game of events, triggers, and similar levels, and a lot of warping tomfoolery.

If you save and quit everything will be reset in terms of layers and events though

without lua, this can be done. Every SMW star can be used for permanent events. Granted, you are only allowed one per section, you can still use them in a hub.
List of People that can pronounce "Vilzriquathtor Seian" (Role Play): show

Fusion best time

Spoiler: show
Image
Image
Image

Image
Image
List of Animés I have watched.
Image
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
My episode is Image done!
Image

CC12: 30π% done
My hardest level beaten!
Spoiler: show

Support
Spoiler: show
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Contests I am in right now
Spoiler: show
•MaGL III
•Structure Contest
•Haunted Contest

User avatar
The0x539
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 545
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:02 pm
Current Project: SMBX2

Re: 2.0 Episode Chapters

Postby The0x539 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:21 am

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
PixelPest wrote:
Musicality_Minister45 wrote:You don't need LunaLua necessarily, but it would make it a lot easier. It would pretty much be a game of events, triggers, and similar levels, and a lot of warping tomfoolery.

If you save and quit everything will be reset in terms of layers and events though

without lua, this can be done. Every SMW star can be used for permanent events. Granted, you are only allowed one per section, you can still use them in a hub.

unnecessary and hacky
quotes: show
rockythechao wrote:so much evil genius is wasted on the free-to-play game industry these days
come on, activision execs, when are you guys going to get yourselves real villain jobs? buy yourselves a volcano lair with lava sharks or something
Like, just ask yourselves this: What Would Sauron Do?
TheKidCodee wrote:Yes. And i know what system 32 is. What java is, htmi.
Hoeloe wrote:I've designed better languages in my sleep
Wohlstand wrote:please, enable your brain
Enjl wrote:that's like using a chainsaw instead of a butter knife to spread butter on your bread
in the sense that the chainsaw will severely literally cut into your performance
Ryaa wrote:aero you should eat some french friends
Ryaa wrote:I honestly think people don't use 2.0 because it requires thinking lmao

User avatar
MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Posts: 5284
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:40 pm
Current Project: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 9&start=10
Location: Antarctica
Chat Username: 鬼人 正邪
Contact:

Re: 2.0 Episode Chapters

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:43 am

The0x539 wrote:
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
PixelPest wrote:If you save and quit everything will be reset in terms of layers and events though

without lua, this can be done. Every SMW star can be used for permanent events. Granted, you are only allowed one per section, you can still use them in a hub.

unnecessary and hacky

I am just saying it is possible. The only other way is to use the data class in lua.
List of People that can pronounce "Vilzriquathtor Seian" (Role Play): show

Fusion best time

Spoiler: show
Image
Image
Image

Image
Image
List of Animés I have watched.
Image
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
My episode is Image done!
Image

CC12: 30π% done
My hardest level beaten!
Spoiler: show

Support
Spoiler: show
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Contests I am in right now
Spoiler: show
•MaGL III
•Structure Contest
•Haunted Contest

User avatar
Electriking
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Posts: 2605
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:32 pm
Current Project: Mushroom Kingdom Massacre
Chat Username: Electriking

Re: 2.0 Episode Chapters

Postby Electriking » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:00 pm

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
The0x539 wrote:
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:without lua, this can be done. Every SMW star can be used for permanent events. Granted, you are only allowed one per section, you can still use them in a hub.

unnecessary and hacky

I am just saying it is possible. The only other way is to use the data class in lua.

If you use 2.0 then LunaLua is the best way of doing pernament events (and can make them apply to entire episodes)
Edit signature
YOUR SIGNATURE WILL APPEAR LIKE THIS IN POSTS
Image
Join my Discord server here: https://discord.gg/3S64gwq
Check out Mushroom Kingdom Massacre. We need team members
My Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2812-3564-4900
Quotes: show
Snessy the duck wrote:
Quill wrote:
Great_Papyrus123 wrote:me
Pop Yoshi Bros wrote:
Please avoid posts like that

Image

please avoid posts like that

The0x539 wrote:
Teemster2 wrote:the Ox

Image

Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell?

WARNING: Quill is in here: show
Image

This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 999 character limit.

User avatar
MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Posts: 5284
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:40 pm
Current Project: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 9&start=10
Location: Antarctica
Chat Username: 鬼人 正邪
Contact:

Re: 2.0 Episode Chapters

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:52 pm

Electriking wrote:
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
The0x539 wrote:unnecessary and hacky

I am just saying it is possible. The only other way is to use the data class in lua.

If you use 2.0 then LunaLua is the best way of doing pernament events (and can make them apply to entire episodes)

Essentially. It is best to Encrypt the data though.
List of People that can pronounce "Vilzriquathtor Seian" (Role Play): show

Fusion best time

Spoiler: show
Image
Image
Image

Image
Image
List of Animés I have watched.
Image
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
My episode is Image done!
Image

CC12: 30π% done
My hardest level beaten!
Spoiler: show

Support
Spoiler: show
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Contests I am in right now
Spoiler: show
•MaGL III
•Structure Contest
•Haunted Contest

User avatar
The0x539
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 545
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:02 pm
Current Project: SMBX2

Re: 2.0 Episode Chapters

Postby The0x539 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:03 pm

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
Electriking wrote:
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:I am just saying it is possible. The only other way is to use the data class in lua.

If you use 2.0 then LunaLua is the best way of doing pernament events (and can make them apply to entire episodes)

Essentially. It is best to Encrypt the data though.

Not necessarily. Power to the player. The SaveData system in Beta 4, which succeeds the Data class, doesn't even obfuscate the data.
quotes: show
rockythechao wrote:so much evil genius is wasted on the free-to-play game industry these days
come on, activision execs, when are you guys going to get yourselves real villain jobs? buy yourselves a volcano lair with lava sharks or something
Like, just ask yourselves this: What Would Sauron Do?
TheKidCodee wrote:Yes. And i know what system 32 is. What java is, htmi.
Hoeloe wrote:I've designed better languages in my sleep
Wohlstand wrote:please, enable your brain
Enjl wrote:that's like using a chainsaw instead of a butter knife to spread butter on your bread
in the sense that the chainsaw will severely literally cut into your performance
Ryaa wrote:aero you should eat some french friends
Ryaa wrote:I honestly think people don't use 2.0 because it requires thinking lmao

User avatar
Noodle
Banned
Posts: 595
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:34 am
Location: Eastern Standard Timezone
Chat Username: N00d13
Contact:

Re: 2.0 Episode Chapters

Postby Noodle » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:24 pm

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
Electriking wrote:
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:I am just saying it is possible. The only other way is to use the data class in lua.

If you use 2.0 then LunaLua is the best way of doing pernament events (and can make them apply to entire episodes)

Essentially. It is best to Encrypt the data though.

Why encrypt?
Danny Quotes: show
Danny wrote:Bruv, why can't you keep your fanfictions to one contained thread?

Danny wrote:Pardon me? This doesn't defend your case whatsoever.

Sadly, the rest of my signature was eaten by an evil kumquat.

User avatar
PixelPest
Purple Yoshi Egg
Purple Yoshi Egg
Posts: 5319
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:38 pm
Current Project: It's a secret for now...
Location: Canada, Eh?
Chat Username: Pix le Pest
Contact:

Re: 2.0 Episode Chapters

Postby PixelPest » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:37 pm

Because then it's basically impossible for the user to accurately modify saved values
Image
My current project. (Demo 0.1 has been released!)

Check out a new dead SMBX Discord server; bots, media, VIP, and more: https://discord.gg/edgBUVM

Check out some cool LunaLua stuff:


My Graphics Pack: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=12472

My Levels: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=89&t=16349


Return to “Help and Support”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests