Custom fonts.

Need help with any SMBX game-related issues? Ask your questions here.
User avatar
WhatDoYouThinks
Koopa
Koopa
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:39 pm

Font

Postby WhatDoYouThinks » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:54 pm

Is there a way to change the font of the points and lives in game?
I honestly don't know what to put here yet!

User avatar
PopYoshi
Torpedo Ted
Torpedo Ted
Posts: 1790
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:48 pm

Re: Font

Postby PopYoshi » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:30 pm

I think this should be in the help and support forum

Also it's possible to do it with Lunalua, but how exactly? well, better wait for the answer of a Lunalua user...
Image

Image

My project:

Image
Image

User avatar
WhatDoYouThinks
Koopa
Koopa
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:39 pm

Re: Font

Postby WhatDoYouThinks » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:34 pm

WhatDoYouThinks wrote:Is there a way to change the font of the points and lives in game?
ok! thanks
I honestly don't know what to put here yet!

User avatar
WhatDoYouThinks
Koopa
Koopa
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:39 pm

Custom fonts.

Postby WhatDoYouThinks » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:37 pm

Is there a way to change the font of the points and lives in game?
I honestly don't know what to put here yet!

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Posts: 9025
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 pm
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Re: Custom fonts.

Postby Enjl » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:14 pm

Image
These are the font files. Make sure you have SMBX2 Beta 3 for this, because the "hardcoded" folder was added only there.
Ideas are useless if you can't make them real.
Image

All my assets from packs and episodes are free to use for non-Novaverse levels and projects, as long as proper credit is given.

Mirror of all my content and collaborations on IPFS: QmZKzVJAsD6dE2tTHEb58XEmsNLzrW2MVsTtW7HWLAAcCC

User avatar
WhatDoYouThinks
Koopa
Koopa
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:39 pm

Re: Custom fonts.

Postby WhatDoYouThinks » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:54 pm

These are the font files. Make sure you have SMBX2 Beta 3 for this, because the "hardcoded" folder was added only there.[/quote]

So it is univable in any other versions of SMBX.
I honestly don't know what to put here yet!

User avatar
Hoeloe
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:18 pm
Flair: The Codehaus Girl
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Custom fonts.

Postby Hoeloe » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:51 pm

Correct. You need SMBX2 for this.

User avatar
Cedur
Bowser
Bowser
Posts: 6805
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am
Pronouns: he/him

Re: Font

Postby Cedur » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:02 am

There are a few episodes (e.g. Lowser's Conquest) that change the game's environment and use a modified version which needs to be downloaded separately.

Other than custom graphics, you can't overwrite the font just by putting alternate gfx files in your levels / worlds folder. You'd have to overwrite them directly, meaning they would change permanently for all other episodes too.
Image
More Supports: show

Image
Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

User avatar
Hoeloe
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:18 pm
Flair: The Codehaus Girl
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Font

Postby Hoeloe » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:53 am

Cedur wrote:There are a few episodes (e.g. Lowser's Conquest) that change the game's environment and use a modified version which needs to be downloaded separately.

Other than custom graphics, you can't overwrite the font just by putting alternate gfx files in your levels / worlds folder. You'd have to overwrite them directly, meaning they would change permanently for all other episodes too.
This is entirely not true.

This was the case back in 1.3, but doesn't apply to SMBX2. You can use custom graphics for all of this with the newer versions.

Inspirited
Snifit
Snifit
Posts: 242
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:58 pm

Re: Font

Postby Inspirited » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:12 am

There font under data->graphics->hardcoded. Change them the same way you would normal custom graphics like blocks.
Check out my levels!

User avatar
The0x539
Eerie
Eerie
Posts: 751
Joined: Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:02 pm

Re: Font

Postby The0x539 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:07 pm

Hoeloe wrote:
Cedur wrote:There are a few episodes (e.g. Lowser's Conquest) that change the game's environment and use a modified version which needs to be downloaded separately.

Other than custom graphics, you can't overwrite the font just by putting alternate gfx files in your levels / worlds folder. You'd have to overwrite them directly, meaning they would change permanently for all other episodes too.
This is entirely not true.

This was the case back in 1.3, but doesn't apply to SMBX2. You can use custom graphics for all of this with the newer versions.
Lowser's Conquest, as I understand it, also uses SMBXpanded. Hmm, what if we had some sort of SMBXpanded compatibility package...

User avatar
Taycamgame
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg
Posts: 1467
Joined: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:35 am
Flair: Stargard
Contact:

Re: Custom fonts.

Postby Taycamgame » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:41 pm

How do you change those fonts then? Is it as simple as replacing the graphics?
Image
Image

It is given that x = 5. What is the value of y?

User avatar
bossedit8
Banned
Posts: 6838
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:35 pm
Contact:

Re: Custom fonts.

Postby bossedit8 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:58 pm

Yes indeed... you can try them to check them out!

User avatar
Cedur
Bowser
Bowser
Posts: 6805
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:14 am
Pronouns: he/him

Re: Font

Postby Cedur » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:46 am

Hoeloe wrote:This is entirely not true.

This was the case back in 1.3, but doesn't apply to SMBX2. You can use custom graphics for all of this with the newer versions.
I wasn't referring to SMBX2, thanks for the enlightenment.
Image
More Supports: show

Image
Image

Still using the legacy editor? Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why. And remember, Yoshis are tools to be used and discarded.

ShadowStarX (06/14/18) wrote: South Korea is easy deal

OlieGamerTV
Spike
Spike
Posts: 273
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:23 am

Re: Font

Postby OlieGamerTV » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:23 pm

In SMBX 2.0, its easy, as the Font for the Text is in the Hardcoded area in SMBX's Graphics folder, As for SMBX 1.3.0.1 or 38A, i think you would need LunaLUA to adjust it,
My Projects
Image
https://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/ ... 31&t=20473

I Support These Projects
Spoiler: show
Image

User avatar
FireyPaperMario
Wart
Wart
Posts: 6196
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:39 pm
Flair: 90's kid born in late 1993 ^_^"
Pronouns: He/Him
Contact:

Re: Font

Postby FireyPaperMario » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:35 pm

OlieGamerTV wrote:In SMBX 2.0, its easy, as the Font for the Text is in the Hardcoded area in SMBX's Graphics folder, As for SMBX 1.3.0.1 or 38A, i think you would need LunaLUA to adjust it,
Wait... I didn't know SMBX 38A needs LunaLua for forts? :shock: o_0
Mario RPG Goals (62% of them Done)
Custom Mega Drive playable sprites
Sega Mega Drive GFX Pack

Best Quotes: show
8bitmushroom wrote: No creativeness.

Never released an episode anyway.

Never plan to right now, but maybe in the future.
Idunn wrote: That’s how evolution works, nothing disturbing about it.
I'm autistic & have ADHD, big whoop! Wanna fight about it?

User avatar
Hoeloe
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:18 pm
Flair: The Codehaus Girl
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Font

Postby Hoeloe » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:14 pm

MarioRPGExpert93 wrote:
OlieGamerTV wrote:In SMBX 2.0, its easy, as the Font for the Text is in the Hardcoded area in SMBX's Graphics folder, As for SMBX 1.3.0.1 or 38A, i think you would need LunaLUA to adjust it,
Wait... I didn't know SMBX 38A needs LunaLua for forts? :shock: o_0
SMBX 38A does not support LunaLua and never will. It's actually not even really SMBX, it's a separate engine that looks a bit like it.

OlieGamerTV
Spike
Spike
Posts: 273
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:23 am

Re: Font

Postby OlieGamerTV » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:18 pm

Hoeloe wrote:
MarioRPGExpert93 wrote:
OlieGamerTV wrote:In SMBX 2.0, its easy, as the Font for the Text is in the Hardcoded area in SMBX's Graphics folder, As for SMBX 1.3.0.1 or 38A, i think you would need LunaLUA to adjust it,
Wait... I didn't know SMBX 38A needs LunaLua for forts? :shock: o_0
SMBX 38A does not support LunaLua and never will. It's actually not even really SMBX, it's a separate engine that looks a bit like it.
sorry, i have used so much of 1.3.0.1 ans 2.0 that i assumed 38A would too, thanks for the correction
My Projects
Image
https://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/ ... 31&t=20473

I Support These Projects
Spoiler: show
Image

User avatar
HenryRichard
Birdo
Birdo
Posts: 2843
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:09 pm
Flair: Is this where I type my password?
Contact:

Re: Font

Postby HenryRichard » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:39 pm

There's no LunaLua in 1.3.0.1 either. It's just in 2.0 and an unofficial version called 1.3.0.2 (which you shouldn't use, since 2.0 is that plus more).
Jesus is my savior.

OlieGamerTV
Spike
Spike
Posts: 273
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:23 am

Re: Font

Postby OlieGamerTV » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:18 am

HenryRichard wrote:There's no LunaLua in 1.3.0.1 either. It's just in 2.0 and an unofficial version called 1.3.0.2 (which you shouldn't use, since 2.0 is that plus more).
welp, i give up, im just gonna hang with SMBX 2.0 and my LunaLua and LunaDLL (dont ask why)
My Projects
Image
https://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/ ... 31&t=20473

I Support These Projects
Spoiler: show
Image


Return to “Help and Support”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], SwordRunning and 17 guests