Question Mark Mushroom?

Need help with any SMBX game-related issues? Ask your questions here.
Taycamgame
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg
Flair: Stargard

Question Mark Mushroom?

Postby Taycamgame » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:49 pm

What does the ? Mark mushroom do? After testing, I can't seem to find an answer myself. I can't even find it on the official Mario Wiki. Was just wondering if it had a use, what it does etc.
Official Level Reviewer (My Gold Yoshi Egg rank replaced the level reviewer icon, but i am still a level reviewer).
Check out the World Map Service that i host:
viewtopic.php?p=316733#p316733
Check out the projects i support:
Spoiler: show
ImageImage
Quotes: show
xDestroy wrote:
Wellington Games wrote:Taycamgame, I know how to take screenshots in the SMBX.
https://nsmbx.proboards.com/
------
Tower Mario Bros.

PixelPest
Link
Link
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms

Re: Question Mark Mushroom?

Postby PixelPest » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:14 pm

It switches the players' positions in 2-player mode iirc

Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here

Postby Electriking » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:47 pm

The black one spawns a random power-up. The red one switches the positions of players in 2-player mode.
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

Taycamgame
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg
Flair: Stargard

Postby Taycamgame » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:51 pm

Interesting. How do you trigger 2-player mode from the editor? (I know how to do this from the launcher)
Official Level Reviewer (My Gold Yoshi Egg rank replaced the level reviewer icon, but i am still a level reviewer).
Check out the World Map Service that i host:
viewtopic.php?p=316733#p316733
Check out the projects i support:
Spoiler: show
ImageImage
Quotes: show
xDestroy wrote:
Wellington Games wrote:Taycamgame, I know how to take screenshots in the SMBX.
https://nsmbx.proboards.com/
------
Tower Mario Bros.

Electriking

Postby Electriking » Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:02 pm

Not sure if that is possible with LunaTester. There are testing options but I don't know if it exclusively works with the PGE alpha tester or if it applies to the LunaTester.

Chaotic Gaming
Rex
Rex

Postby Chaotic Gaming » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:44 am

Speaking of mushrooms I have found by playing around with the editor that the Super Mario Brothers 2 mushroom copies the current power up to your item box. I'm not sure if this was intentional I'm just saying this is what it does case anyone doesn't know. And I believe Super Mario Brothers 3's battle mode feature red question mark mushroom doing the same manner swaping the players' positions.
My Youtube Channel:
Chaotic Gaming[/center]
Knux wrote: "i honestly thought it boys"

a honetly thought this bottle of glayva was 20% but it was actually 35% i drank the whole lot help
Kley wrote: Knux, it's best to stay off the forums when you're drunk.

Yaknafein
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

Postby Yaknafein » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:20 pm

Taycamgame wrote:Interesting. How do you trigger 2-player mode from the editor? (I know how to do this from the launcher)
All you have to do is Test Level -> Test Level 2up.

Electriking

Postby Electriking » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:39 pm

Yaknafein wrote:
Taycamgame wrote:Interesting. How do you trigger 2-player mode from the editor? (I know how to do this from the launcher)
Since he is using the 2.0 editor, you are wrong as that does not exist there, though I doubt you knew what editor he was using. I would also imagine he would have figured it out already if he was using the legacy editor.
You have to go into the testing options, which has the option of setting it to 2 players, then I know it works for the alpha tester. But if it works exclusively for the alpha tester (which is innaccurate and won't properly test the ? mushroom) and not the luna tester (I can't test it myself as I am unable to use it), then you would have to use the SMBX2 launcher to test that.

Yaknafein
Shy Guy
Shy Guy

Postby Yaknafein » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:42 am

Electriking wrote:
Yaknafein wrote:
Since he is using the 2.0 editor, you are wrong as that does not exist there, though I doubt you knew what editor he was using. I would also imagine he would have figured it out already if he was using the legacy editor.
You have to go into the testing options, which has the option of setting it to 2 players, then I know it works for the alpha tester. But if it works exclusively for the alpha tester (which is innaccurate and won't properly test the ? mushroom) and not the luna tester (I can't test it myself as I am unable to use it), then you would have to use the SMBX2 launcher to test that.
Right.

Westretroman
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby Westretroman » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:02 am

-removed-
Last edited by Westretroman on Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PixelPest
Link
Link
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms

Postby PixelPest » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:19 am

Yaknafein wrote:
Electriking wrote:
Yaknafein wrote: All you have to do is Test Level -> Test Level 2up.
Right.
Please don't bump threads like this and don't make one-word posts either; they're unnecessary and don't contribute to any kind of discussion, especially when it ended three months ago

Return to “Help and Support”