System Requirements, what are they?

Need help with any SMBX game-related issues? Ask your questions here.
Chaotic Gaming
Rex
Rex
Current Project: Let's Play of Super Mario Forever X
Chat Username: Chaotic

System Requirements, what are they?

Postby Chaotic Gaming » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:20 am

As the title states I would like to know the system requirements or recommended system requirements for SMBX 2. I am asking because I have tried recording gameplay under the following settings combos:
{Intel HD Graphics (1GB VRam), 5GB Ram, Windows 10 64 Bit, Intel Dual Core 1.90 Ghz, overclocked? no}
{AMD A4-3305M APU 1.90 Ghz with Radeon Graphics (4 GB VRam), 7GB Ram, Windows 7 64 Bit, overclocked? yes, up to 2.50 Ghz}
{Intel HD Graphics (1GB VRam), 4GB Ram, Windows 8 64 Bit, Intel Celeron CPU Quad Core 1.99 Ghz, Overclocked? no}
Under each combination I tried to record at a visually pleasant 720p resolution and it results in bad, those who say my video on Reign of the Gatekeeper know it looks blurry that's because that is 640x430 upscaled to 720p (unsuccessfully). I get choppy gameplay, overloading encoders (meaning it stalls the recording during the recording causing a audio visual freeze and loss of frames), I've even crashed. I've heard the game uses 1 to 2 cores BUT when I force it to use just two cores (on the last setup) using taskmanager it lags/ I watched the performance tab in horror as the game actually uses ALL the cores! No matter what it ties up the CPU badly! I know my setups are not great but the last one is near top of the line! I can only guess what BossEdit8 has for his setup specs.
This game has resource management problems, big time.
My Youtube Channel:
Chaotic Gaming[/center]
Knux wrote: "i honestly thought it boys"

a honetly thought this bottle of glayva was 20% but it was actually 35% i drank the whole lot help
Kley wrote: Knux, it's best to stay off the forums when you're drunk.

The0x539
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Current Project: SMBX2

Re: System Requirements, what are they?

Postby The0x539 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:57 am

{Intel HD Graphics (1GB VRam), 4GB Ram, Windows 8 64 Bit, Intel Celeron CPU Quad Core 1.99 Ghz, Overclocked? no}
near top of the line
ಠ_ಠ

Chaotic Gaming
Rex
Rex

Postby Chaotic Gaming » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:59 am

I said near I didn't specify at what year it was top of the line. Point being, I try a better GPU, overclocking, more ram, less ram, a cpu with more cores... and its the same thing! It's a resource hog and I thought it was because my specs were bad but upgrading does not even change it even a little bit. So what requirements do I need?
My Youtube Channel:
Chaotic Gaming[/center]

a honetly thought this bottle of glayva was 20% but it was actually 35% i drank the whole lot help

Hoeloe
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Flair: The Codehaus Girl
Current Project: A2XT Episode 2

Postby Hoeloe » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:01 am

What recording software are you using? Some software doesn't play well with SMBX, while others are a little nicer.

Chaotic Gaming
Rex
Rex

Postby Chaotic Gaming » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:40 pm

All I can afford is Open Broadcast Studio ($0)
My Youtube Channel:
Chaotic Gaming[/center]

Return to “Help and Support”