My level won't load anymore

Having a problem with SMBX? Need assistance with a tool or with the site? Ask your questions here.
Mr General Guy
Spiny
Spiny
Current Project: Many stuff

My level won't load anymore

Postby Mr General Guy » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:31 pm

So, lemme keep it brief. After making a few edits to a level, I tried to test it. Suddenly, out of nowhere, this message showed up:

Runtime Error '9':

Subscript out of range

Then the game crashed and closed.

You might be thinking "Just try to open the level again"

I did. The second I clicked on the level in the Level Editor, the exact same message popped up, and then the game crashed again without giving me a chance to edit the level to find out what's wrong myself. It happened every subsequent time I attempted to open the level. This is also a pretty big deal, as that is a magor level that sets up the entire plot for one of my episodes, so it's way too important to lose (and it would be much too hard to rebuild it from scratch). So, if you have any suggestions for what I could do, then I'm all ears.

Also, here's a link to what I have so far, so maybe one of you could try to find out what's wrong: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/48bscts7ntq3 ... k7qya?dl=0

(Note: You need to be using 1.4.3 or higher to try to access the file)

PixelPest
Level Reviewer
Level Reviewer
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: Pix le Pest

Re: My level won't load anymore

Postby PixelPest » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:00 pm

Your file may have been corrupted and you might have to start over

Taycamgame
Level Reviewer
Level Reviewer
Current Project: Mario's Kingdom Adventure 2: Search for the Stars! This will be better than the first, unreleased ga
Chat Username: Taycamgame

Postby Taycamgame » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:23 am

Similar things have happened to me before:
I get the error "Bad File; Section [] not closed". There are multiple other bad file errors like this, but this is the only one I have experienced.
Every time I get that error it means my file got corrupted somehow. Then I cannot edit the level, and I have to restart.
My point is, it is likely that your only solution is to restart, sorry. Unless you made a backup before you got the error.
Check out my Episodes:
ImageImage
Check out the projects i support:
Spoiler: show
ImageImage

Quotes: show
xDestroy wrote:
Wellington Games wrote:Taycamgame, I know how to take screenshots in the SMBX.

TheDinoKing
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa

Postby TheDinoKing » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:26 pm

Mr General Guy wrote:
So, lemme keep it brief. After making a few edits to a level, I tried to test it. Suddenly, out of nowhere, this message showed up:

Runtime Error '9':

Subscript out of range

I did. The second I clicked on the level in the Level Editor, the exact same message popped up, and then the game crashed again without giving me a chance to edit the level to find out what's wrong myself. It happened every subsequent time I attempted to open the level. This is also a pretty big deal, as that is a magor level that sets up the entire plot for one of my episodes, so it's way too important to lose (and it would be much too hard to rebuild it from scratch). So, if you have any suggestions for what I could do, then I'm all ears.

Also, here's a link to what I have so far, so maybe one of you could try to find out what's wrong: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/48bscts7ntq3 ... k7qya?dl=0

The level in the download link works fine for me.

Mr General Guy
Spiny
Spiny

Postby Mr General Guy » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:34 pm

TheDinoKing wrote:
Mr General Guy wrote:

Runtime Error '9':

Subscript out of range

...Yup, that is my level.

Are you using 1.4.3? Cause that's what I used to make what I have of the level so far.

TheDinoKing
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa

Postby TheDinoKing » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:38 pm

Mr General Guy wrote:
TheDinoKing wrote:
Mr General Guy wrote:

Runtime Error '9':

Subscript out of range

...Yup, that is my level.

Are you using 1.4.3? Cause that's what I used to make what I have of the level so far.

No, I'm using 1.4.4.

Electriking
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Current Project: Mushroom Kingdom Massacre, and perhaps some other thing
Chat Username: Electriking

Postby Electriking » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:48 pm

Maybe upgrade to 1.4.4 since it appears to work there.
This is some serious shit! The FCC have voted to repeal NET neutrality, but you can still help state a disapproval if you are American:

Code: Select all

[url=https://www.battleforthenet.com][img]https://www.battleforthenet.com/images/banner/728x80.png[/img][/url]

Join my Discord server here: https://discord.gg/3S64gwq
Check out Mushroom Kingdom Massacre. We need team members
My Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2812-3564-4900
Horikawa Otane wrote:lol

thehelmetguy1 wrote:I wonder who was the idiot that made the fake beta 4 announcement

Enjl wrote:Apologies for knowing how to research.

PixelPest wrote:
The0x539 wrote:
IceQracker92 wrote:a good cable/internet provider such as Comcast.

Literally me when I read that post lol

The0x539 wrote:
Teemster2 wrote:the Ox

Danny wrote:Here's some constructive criticism: What the hell?

WARNING: Quill is in here: show

Taycamgame
Level Reviewer
Level Reviewer
Current Project: Mario's Kingdom Adventure 2: Search for the Stars! This will be better than the first, unreleased ga
Chat Username: Taycamgame

Postby Taycamgame » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:45 pm

Stange. A level made in 1.4.3 using features in 1.4.3 won't work unless you use 1.4.4.
Check out my Episodes:
ImageImage
Check out the projects i support:
ImageImage

xDestroy wrote:
Wellington Games wrote:Taycamgame, I know how to take screenshots in the SMBX.

Mr General Guy
Spiny
Spiny

Postby Mr General Guy » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:00 pm

I just checked, and I can confirm that it does indeed work in SMBX 1.4.4, which is definitely...... odd.

Well, I guess that's better than nothing.

Return to “Help and Support”