SMBX 1.4.4 Patch 2 not running properly on my PC. (Fixed)

Need help with any SMBX game-related issues? Ask your questions here.
NoahSMB
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
Chat Username: NoahSMB

SMBX 1.4.4 Patch 2 not running properly on my PC. (Fixed)

Postby NoahSMB » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:22 pm

I`m having issues with getting SMBX to run on my PC. When I try to open up "smbx.exe" it says "This App can`t run on your PC. To find a version for your PC, check with the software publisher." I am running this in Win10. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Last edited by NoahSMB on Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Electriking
Flair: I have NO idea what to put here
Current Project: Something
Chat Username: ElectriKing

Re: SMBX 1.4.4 Patch 2 not running properly on my PC.

Postby Electriking » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:05 pm

Try SMBX2. If that doesn't work, then it may be some anti-virus thing or PC settings that blacklists .exe files that you have to change.
SMM2 ID: JJF-P7G-FSF

NoahSMB
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Postby NoahSMB » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:11 pm

Electriking wrote:Try SMBX2. If that doesn't work, then it may be some anti-virus thing or PC settings that blacklists .exe files that you have to change.
Is SMBX2 like SMBX 1.4.4?
Also I have Norton Antivirus and I tried disabling it, but the problem still occurs.

Electriking

Postby Electriking » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:20 pm

NoahSMB wrote:
Electriking wrote:Try SMBX2. If that doesn't work, then it may be some anti-virus thing or PC settings that blacklists .exe files that you have to change.
It is a different engine (the original one used by Redigit up to 1.3) and has a lot of things that 1.4 doesn't have. SMBX2 has fewer bugs though and the dev team is far more approachable (5438A38A pretty much does not care about you or other 1.4 players). Unless you have WIP episodes or levels already in 1.4, then you would be better off with SMBX2 overall.

NoahSMB
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Postby NoahSMB » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:29 pm

Electriking wrote:
NoahSMB wrote:
It is a different engine (the original one used by Redigit up to 1.3) and has a lot of things that 1.4 doesn't have. SMBX2 has fewer bugs though and the dev team is far more approachable (5438A38A pretty much does not care about you or other 1.4 players). Unless you have WIP episodes or levels already in 1.4, then you would be better off with SMBX2 overall.
I`m really just interested in 1.4.4. I`m not a fan of all the non-Mario stuff.

PixelPest
Link
Link
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest

Postby PixelPest » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:34 pm

NoahSMB wrote:
Electriking wrote:
NoahSMB wrote: Is SMBX2 like SMBX 1.4.4?
If you're not a fan of it you don't have to use it. By the next version SMBX2 will have more Mario NPCs than 1.4.4/38A has even

8lue Storm
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: its pronounced bluestorm
Current Project: Many, MANY stuff
Chat Username: 8luestorm

Postby 8lue Storm » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:39 pm

PixelPest wrote:
NoahSMB wrote:
Electriking wrote: It is a different engine (the original one used by Redigit up to 1.3) and has a lot of things that 1.4 doesn't have. SMBX2 has fewer bugs though and the dev team is far more approachable (5438A38A pretty much does not care about you or other 1.4 players). Unless you have WIP episodes or levels already in 1.4, then you would be better off with SMBX2 overall.
If you're not a fan of it you don't have to use it. By the next version SMBX2 will have more Mario NPCs than 1.4.4/38A has even
Whoooooooooooa! Really?
Is there like, a preview, or something?

i never performed a shelljump and it's sad I did a grand total of 4 shelljumps in my life!

Electriking

Postby Electriking » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:45 pm

NoahSMB wrote:
Electriking wrote:
NoahSMB wrote: Is SMBX2 like SMBX 1.4.4?
Apart from some of the new characters (which you should probably avoid using atm), then isn't really any non-Mario stuff apart from what already exists in 1.4 and 1.3. And I don't think the dev team are prioritizing any non-Mario stuff over any Mario stuff right now.

Although you should try changing the settings of your PC and/or ant-virus to allow .exes (if you are still going to roll out with 1.4, or if you get the same problem with SMBX2) as they are known to automatically mark .exe files as malicious.
8lue Storm wrote:
PixelPest wrote:
NoahSMB wrote: I`m really just interested in 1.4.4. I`m not a fan of all the non-Mario stuff.
Whoooooooooooa! Really?
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0

WildWEEGEE
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Current Project: things
Chat Username: WildWEEGEE

Postby WildWEEGEE » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:46 pm

8lue Storm wrote:Is there like, a preview, or something?
Well there is a list (or spread sheet) of all the stuff planed for future versions

I did hear a mega mushroom is very possible for b4 though they just need the extra slots for it
I have absolutely no idea what my current project is... My interests always seem to shift
I support: show
ImageImage
Looking back at every one of my posts, I cringe, hard, very hard.

rixithechao
Pokey
Pokey
Current Project: Delightful Enhanced, A2XT2, and a few others

Postby rixithechao » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:16 pm

The mega mushroom doesn't need its own powerup state as it doesn't persist between levels and it's already implemented in dev versions. The powerup state slots are needed for stuff like the frog suit, mini mushroom, shell mario, cape, etc. which last until the player loses or replaces that suit.

As for previews of Beta 4 stuff besides the claims sheet, we have a dev blog and a publicly visible dev channel in the codehaus discord server. You can also follow us devs on Youtube, we occasionally post videos of Beta 4 tech like this one (though fair warning, I don't have any sort of regular upload schedule and I also upload a lot of joke videos and miscellaneous stuff too).
Some people just cannot avoid the ads on MediaFire, even with both common sense and popup blockers. It's always a good idea to provide an alternate download link with an ad-free file host such as Dropbox or Google Drive.

Also play Bug Fables, the devs have confirmed that they got their royalties from Dangen and the game is really freaking good.

8lue Storm
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: its pronounced bluestorm
Current Project: Many, MANY stuff
Chat Username: 8luestorm

Postby 8lue Storm » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:39 pm

Electriking wrote:
NoahSMB wrote:
Electriking wrote: It is a different engine (the original one used by Redigit up to 1.3) and has a lot of things that 1.4 doesn't have. SMBX2 has fewer bugs though and the dev team is far more approachable (5438A38A pretty much does not care about you or other 1.4 players). Unless you have WIP episodes or levels already in 1.4, then you would be better off with SMBX2 overall.
Apart from some of the new characters (which you should probably avoid using atm), then isn't really any non-Mario stuff apart from what already exists in 1.4 and 1.3. And I don't think the dev team are prioritizing any non-Mario stuff over any Mario stuff right now.

Although you should try changing the settings of your PC and/or ant-virus to allow .exes (if you are still going to roll out with 1.4, or if you get the same problem with SMBX2) as they are known to automatically mark .exe files as malicious.
8lue Storm wrote:
PixelPest wrote: If you're not a fan of it you don't have to use it. By the next version SMBX2 will have more Mario NPCs than 1.4.4/38A has even
Whoooooooooooa! Really?
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0
That is... A lot of stuff! Good luck, people!

i never performed a shelljump and it's sad I did a grand total of 4 shelljumps in my life!

WildWEEGEE
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Current Project: things
Chat Username: WildWEEGEE

Postby WildWEEGEE » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:44 pm

not rockythechao wrote:You can also follow us devs on Youtube, we occasionally post videos of Beta 4 tech like this one (though fair warning, I don't have any sort of regular upload schedule and I also upload a lot of joke videos and miscellaneous stuff too).
Dofur pass.

maybe a bit more smbx2?
I have absolutely no idea what my current project is... My interests always seem to shift
I support: show
ImageImage
Looking back at every one of my posts, I cringe, hard, very hard.

NoahSMB
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Postby NoahSMB » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:25 pm

PixelPest wrote:
NoahSMB wrote:
Well, I installed SMBX2, and it wont even open up.

Westretroman
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby Westretroman » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:44 pm

NoahSMB wrote:
PixelPest wrote:
NoahSMB wrote: I`m really just interested in 1.4.4. I`m not a fan of all the non-Mario stuff.
Well, I installed SMBX2, and it wont even open up.
Weird, I have Windows 10 and it does not do that. Maybe the problem is still your antivirus or your computer is having compatibility problems in general. There must be something that you installed or is causing this in the first place.

Eri7
Banned
Flair: Good Foundation allows for strong Execution
Current Project: Producer of the Novaverse
Chat Username: Eri7

Postby Eri7 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:59 am

So you can try to redownload it , post this topic on the PGE forum and hope that 38A replies or join the 38A discord channel and ask there for help too , maybe someone knows how to fix your problem.

Return to “Help and Support”