The level is chopped off ?

Need help with any SMBX game-related issues? Ask your questions here.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
KeWin
Shy Guy
Shy Guy
Current Project: A Day in the Mushroom Kingdom
Chat Username: KeWin

The level is chopped off ?

Postby KeWin » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:43 am

I dont know how to describe this I have a video of it here : https://youtu.be/0QPLzM-3U2o i said everything in the video by text.
The level in the editor and in the Test Level <alpha> is looking good but when i try to test it the Test Level <alpha> just goes over 300+ fps and the game is too fast and if i choose Luna tester>Run testing the level is visually chopped off in random places but just visually cause the hitboxes of the ground/whats chopped off is still there. If i just put it into the games folders and try to play it with launching it the same thing happens. Is there any way of fixing this ? Or will there be and update that fixes stuff in the editor? What i also realized is that its only that one type of block (that i used) that does this cause i've put clouds above it and the clouds seem fine.

P.S : sorry for bad video quality but i had it set to lower than the usual :/

Taycamgame
Gold Yoshi Egg
Gold Yoshi Egg
Flair: Beta 4 beta be here soon jk
Current Project: Mario's Kingdom Adventure
Chat Username: Taycamgame

Re: The level is chopped off ?

Postby Taycamgame » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:40 am

This seems like an odd issue. But:
1. Make sure you test the level by pressing F5 or the Lunatester. the alpha tester is not finished and is buggy.
2. You have a ton of sizables in this level and depending on your pc cpu / gpu, it may not be able to handle this much going on (but is unlikely the cause).

To check, try creating a new level and placing the same sizable down. It is possible it is an overlapping error but not all of the blocks in your level actually overlap.
Just make sure you use F5 though because that may be why
Official Level Reviewer (My Gold Yoshi Egg rank replaced the level reviewer icon, but i am still a level reviewer).
Check out my Episodes:
ImageImage
Check out the World Map Service that i host:
viewtopic.php?p=316733#p316733
Check out the projects i support:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
Quotes: show
xDestroy wrote:
Wellington Games wrote:Taycamgame, I know how to take screenshots in the SMBX.

KeWin
Shy Guy
Shy Guy
Current Project: A Day in the Mushroom Kingdom
Chat Username: KeWin

Re: The level is chopped off ?

Postby KeWin » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:03 am

Taycamgame wrote:
Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:40 am
This seems like an odd issue. But:
1. Make sure you test the level by pressing F5 or the Lunatester. the alpha tester is not finished and is buggy.
2. You have a ton of sizables in this level and depending on your pc cpu / gpu, it may not be able to handle this much going on (but is unlikely the cause).

To check, try creating a new level and placing the same sizable down. It is possible it is an overlapping error but not all of the blocks in your level actually overlap.
Just make sure you use F5 though because that may be why
Thanks for the suggestions nothing worked so i completely remade the whole level again with a different style and now it works!

Return to “Help and Support”