Need help with layer movement

Need help with any SMBX game-related issues? Ask your questions here.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
FireLock48
Bob-omb
Bob-omb
Current Project: The Adventure
Chat Username: MySMBXlevels

Need help with layer movement

Postby FireLock48 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:22 am

So I now how to make layers move but 38A its different. So can someone tell how I can do this 38A?
MySMBXlevels

Surtur
Ripper II
Ripper II
Flair: I'm making a Christmas screensaver!
Current Project: Just trying... Not sure if I will do it right
Chat Username: You can't guess

Re: Need help with layer movement

Postby Surtur » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:39 pm

Me again ;)

Well, it's almost the same than in SMBX 1.3 or 2.0, but I'll give you a explanation:

1. Create the layer (creating layers in SMBX 38A is exactly the same than in the other versions).
2. Click View in the toolbar of top, then click Events. Once the window appeared, click "Movement" below the events list.
3. Then you will see a list of all your layers in the Events window. Select the layer you want to get moving. Below, you will see two checkboxes where you can configure the speed of the movement.

In the "Horizontal Speed" checkbox, if you put "1" for example, the layer will move slowly to the left (put a higher number if you want more speed). To move to the right put - after the number. For example, -2.

In the "Vertical Speed" checkbox, the setup is almost the same. If you put 5 (for example), the layer will move fastly to down. If you put -5, it will move to up.

You can put decimals after the numbers if you want a more precise speed.

I hope this help :)

Now I can play SMBX 2.0 Beta 3 with my new laptop! But can't edit since the editor doesn't work and the other computer is practically saturated of important things and I can't use SMBX there. Everyone in my house uses the computer :roll:

I was surturBP__ before.

Sorry for my bad english, I speak spanish mainly.

FireLock48
Bob-omb
Bob-omb

Postby FireLock48 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:16 pm

Surtur wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:39 pm
Me again ;)

Well, it's almost the same than in SMBX 1.3 or 2.0, but I'll give you a explanation:

1. Create the layer (creating layers in SMBX 38A is exactly the same than in the other versions).
2. Click View in the toolbar of top, then click Events. Once the window appeared, click "Movement" below the events list.
3. Then you will see a list of all your layers in the Events window. Select the layer you want to get moving. Below, you will see two checkboxes where you can configure the speed of the movement.

In the "Horizontal Speed" checkbox, if you put "1" for example, the layer will move slowly to the left (put a higher number if you want more speed). To move to the right put - after the number. For example, -2.

In the "Vertical Speed" checkbox, the setup is almost the same. If you put 5 (for example), the layer will move fastly to down. If you put -5, it will move to up.

I actually did that exact samething while experimenting with it before I posted that I need help, I made the layer, then I put a number in one of the boxs and then I hit the button that said check, but when I went to test it, it did not move at all so I don't know what I'm doing wrong?
MySMBXlevels

Surtur
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby Surtur » Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:39 pm

FireLock48 wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:16 pm
Surtur wrote:
Me again ;)

I actually did that exact samething while experimenting with it before I posted that I need help, I made the layer, then I put a number in one of the boxs and then I hit the button that said check, but when I went to test it, it did not move at all so I don't know what I'm doing wrong?
Do you mean that not all blocks move?

Now I can play SMBX 2.0 Beta 3 with my new laptop! But can't edit since the editor doesn't work and the other computer is practically saturated of important things and I can't use SMBX there. Everyone in my house uses the computer :roll:

I was surturBP__ before.

FireLock48
Bob-omb
Bob-omb

Postby FireLock48 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:20 pm

Surtur wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:39 pm
FireLock48 wrote:
Surtur wrote:
Me again ;)

Well when I put the stuff in the layer and added the numbers the blocks would either not move at all or they would just not even be there?
MySMBXlevels

Surtur
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby Surtur » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:56 pm

FireLock48 wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:20 pm
Surtur wrote:
Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:39 pm
FireLock48 wrote:

Well when I put the stuff in the layer and added the numbers the blocks would either not move at all or they would just not even be there?
Then that should be a bug. SMBX 38A have many issues like this, so I highly recommend you using SMBX 2.0 instead. Most of the people use it as well.

I was surturBP__ before.

Eri7
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: Hard work pays off sooner or later
Current Project: Super Mario Nova Part 1(38A)
Chat Username: Eri7

Postby Eri7 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:30 pm

Can you send me the level where you have problems with the layer movement , if you have discord then we can message each other in order to fix this problem , i have never had any problems with layer movement in 38A so i am pretty sure you are doing something wrong.
Join the discord server about Nova Projects.

I support:

Surtur
Ripper II
Ripper II

Postby Surtur » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:27 pm

Eri7 wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:30 pm
Can you send me the level where you have problems with the layer movement , if you have discord then we can message each other in order to fix this problem , i have never had any problems with layer movement in 38A so i am pretty sure you are doing something wrong.
Well, let Eri7 help you. He has more experience in SMBX than us.

I was surturBP__ before.

FireLock48
Bob-omb
Bob-omb

Postby FireLock48 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:38 pm

Surtur wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:27 pm
Eri7 wrote:
Thank ya'll so much for wanting to help but I'm just not that active when it comes to this site because I'm in high school and I usually have a lot of work to do when I get home and when don't have any work I usually come home and sleep, on the weekends is when I'm more active but not necessarily on this site, usually working on a SMBX project. So yeah, my point is, by the time I realize that I need to reply or just forgot to reply, it's already been a couple of weeks. So sorry, don't take it personally....please. Just tell me if you still want the level and I'll try to get it to you as early as I possible can. Again please don't take it personally....
MySMBXlevels

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: -chan ^^

Postby Enjl » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:21 am

FireLock48 wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:38 pm
Surtur wrote:
Eri7 wrote:
Thank ya'll so much for wanting to help but I'm just not that active when it comes to this site because I'm in high school and I usually have a lot of work to do when I get home and when don't have any work I usually come home and sleep, on the weekends is when I'm more active but not necessarily on this site, usually working on a SMBX project. So yeah, my point is, by the time I realize that I need to reply or just forgot to reply, it's already been a couple of weeks. So sorry, don't take it personally....please. Just tell me if you still want the level and I'll try to get it to you as early as I possible can. Again please don't take it personally....
Do you want help or not? If yes, maybe go to bed 5 minutes later on a weekday, after uploading a single file. I'm at work for 12 hours per day and still have time to check the forums no problem, so maybe set yourself a reminder on your smartphone when you make threads and it's difficult for you to remember them.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Muh favourite quotes:
Spoiler: show
TheKingOfBoos: enji I'm only scared of you cuz you're always right, and that's creepy
SnoruntPyro: if you don't like kirby you have no life
ToonQuill: do you have any hentai girl sfx
Pichu: "And Jesus said unto his apostles, 'ew so much clash 0/10'."
MNIE52: ohoho master king sitting in his golden chair! Dude, you think you're president? i will not leave, if i want - i'll leave.
MNIE52: i will not kill you, why you so rude. are you have nothing to do, boy?
Sanct: oh my god i made the perfect amount of stairs i am jesus christ.

FireLock48
Bob-omb
Bob-omb

Postby FireLock48 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:47 pm

Enjl wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:21 am
FireLock48 wrote:
Surtur wrote:

Do you want help or not? If yes, maybe go to bed 5 minutes later on a weekday, after uploading a single file. I'm at work for 12 hours per day and still have time to check the forums no problem, so maybe set yourself a reminder on your smartphone when you make threads and it's difficult for you to remember them.
Thank you, I will keep that in mind, but there's one problem, I don't know how to upload a file :oops: , I mean I have some Ideas, like maybe going to MediaFire or something... I don't really know...
MySMBXlevels

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: -chan ^^

Postby Enjl » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:09 am

FireLock48 wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:47 pm
Enjl wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:21 am
FireLock48 wrote:
Thank you, I will keep that in mind, but there's one problem, I don't know how to upload a file :oops: , I mean I have some Ideas, like maybe going to MediaFire or something... I don't really know...
You can use services such as Mediafire, Mega, Google Drive, Dropbox, etc... to upload files or ZIP archives (compressed folders).
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Muh favourite quotes:
TheKingOfBoos: enji I'm only scared of you cuz you're always right, and that's creepy
SnoruntPyro: if you don't like kirby you have no life
ToonQuill: do you have any hentai girl sfx
Pichu: "And Jesus said unto his apostles, 'ew so much clash 0/10'."
MNIE52: ohoho master king sitting in his golden chair! Dude, you think you're president? i will not leave, if i want - i'll leave.
MNIE52: i will not kill you, why you so rude. are you have nothing to do, boy?
Sanct: oh my god i made the perfect amount of stairs i am jesus christ.

Return to “Help and Support”