How to make scale platforms in SMBX 1.4.4 (38A) ?

Need help with any SMBX game-related issues? Ask your questions here.
User avatar
NewSaturn
Rex
Rex
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 4:30 am
Flair: I play/create things in SMBX since 2012!

How to make scale platforms in SMBX 1.4.4 (38A) ?

Postby NewSaturn » Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:04 am

Hello,

I'm going to create a SMB1 custom level and I want to put in this level, scale platforms (When Mario stand on one platform out of 2, this platform is falling while the other one is raising and vice-versa) but I don't know which layers and events or scripts are requiered to make this mechanism working like classic SMB1 levels with these scale platforms. :?

By the way, I know there's backgrounds for this mechanism, added in SMBX 1.4.4 (38A) and this is the reason why I want to use scale platforms.

Can you help me if you know how can I do make this ? :(

Mushroom King
Monty Mole
Monty Mole
Posts: 144
Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 5:09 am

Re: How to make scale platforms in SMBX 1.4.4 (38A) ?

Postby Mushroom King » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:12 am

I never heard of this "Ultimate" version. Is it a real thing or some virus?

User avatar
1di_Scroll
Charged Spiny
Charged Spiny
Posts: 1886
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:28 pm
Flair: C'est la vie... profitez-en!
Contact:

Re: How to make scale platforms in SMBX 1.4.4 (38A) ?

Postby 1di_Scroll » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:42 am

Mushroom King wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:12 am
I never heard of this "Ultimate" version. Is it a real thing or some virus?
I don't see nothing about an Ultimate version

User avatar
Civo
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:25 pm

Re: How to make scale platforms in SMBX 1.4.4 (38A) ?

Postby Civo » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:44 am

NewSaturn wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:04 am
Hello,

I'm going to create a SMB1 custom level and I want to put in this level, scale platforms (When Mario stand on one platform out of 2, this platform is falling while the other one is raising and vice-versa) but I don't know which layers and events or scripts are requiered to make this mechanism working like classic SMB1 levels with these scale platforms. :?

By the way, I know there's backgrounds for this mechanism, added in SMBX 1.4.4 (38A) and this is the reason why I want to use scale platforms.

Can you help me if you know how can I do make this ? :(
I think bossedit8 made a video on that in his tutorials playlist.

Mushroom King
Monty Mole
Monty Mole
Posts: 144
Joined: Sun May 25, 2014 5:09 am

Re: How to make scale platforms in SMBX 1.4.4 (38A) ?

Postby Mushroom King » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:21 am

Strange, the post about it was deleted. It was made by "NEW 2K19 DESCARGAR", a recent member. He suggested to download SMBX Ultimate, because "it can convert levels and teascripts, is not as popular as other versions, but has a lot more features than most other versions." Of course he gived a link to download that SMBX Ultimate but I found it too suspicious to try it myself and the fact all the posts he made in the forum are deleted seems to confirm my doubts.

Edit: Yes, it was a virus, so don't trust anyone giving you a shady link to a "new" SMBX.
Last edited by Mushroom King on Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:42 am, edited 3 times in total.

User avatar
NewSaturn
Rex
Rex
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun May 14, 2017 4:30 am
Flair: I play/create things in SMBX since 2012!

Re: How to make scale platforms in SMBX 1.4.4 (38A) ?

Postby NewSaturn » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:24 am

Civo wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:44 am
NewSaturn wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:04 am
Hello,

I'm going to create a SMB1 custom level and I want to put in this level, scale platforms (When Mario stand on one platform out of 2, this platform is falling while the other one is raising and vice-versa) but I don't know which layers and events or scripts are requiered to make this mechanism working like classic SMB1 levels with these scale platforms. :?

By the way, I know there's backgrounds for this mechanism, added in SMBX 1.4.4 (38A) and this is the reason why I want to use scale platforms.

Can you help me if you know how can I do make this ? :(
I think bossedit8 made a video on that in his tutorials playlist.
Indeed, I found his tutorial video on youtube, thank you ! :)


Return to “Help and Support”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 4 guests