Is it possible to make a 5th Global Switch? (2.0 PAL)

Need help with any SMBX game-related issues? Ask your questions here.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
User avatar
Animebryan
Bit
Bit
Posts: 144
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:40 pm
Flair: Need help!
Current Project: Star of Darkness
Contact:

Is it possible to make a 5th Global Switch? (2.0 PAL)

Postby Animebryan » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:56 pm

I think I remember reading somewhere that it's possible to set up more global switches than the default 4. Is this possible & if so, how would I set that up?
Last edited by Animebryan on Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Need serious help with Lua based features :(

User avatar
skyhighway
Rex
Rex
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:48 am
Flair: hey i guess
Current Project: secret project; will reveal soon
Chat Username: FyreNova

Re: Is it possible to make a 5th Global Switch?

Postby skyhighway » Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:15 pm

Depends. You using 1.4.5, or 2.0?
I do not care about who you believe in.
MEMES: show
mariosonicgamer55677 wrote:But man is this a cursed image.
Image
Quill wrote:Bowser was laughing because he had an AK-47 and Luigi didn't.
Scroll wrote:Ice blocks in a desert.
Nice going, dude
Knux wrote: I imagine that the theme for hell is just smb3 sky over and over again
TYPOS: show
PixelPest wrote:Anything posted in the Graphics forum is free for use. It's nice to give credit though where it's do

User avatar
Animebryan
Bit
Bit
Posts: 144
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:40 pm
Flair: Need help!
Current Project: Star of Darkness
Contact:

Re: Is it possible to make a 5th Global Switch?

Postby Animebryan » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:04 pm

2.0 PAL
Need serious help with Lua based features :(

User avatar
Animebryan
Bit
Bit
Posts: 144
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:40 pm
Flair: Need help!
Current Project: Star of Darkness
Contact:

Re: Is it possible to make a 5th Global Switch?

Postby Animebryan » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:52 pm

skyhighway wrote:
Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:15 pm
Depends. You using 1.4.5, or 2.0?
Why even ask me if you're not going to respond afterwards?
Need serious help with Lua based features :(

User avatar
skyhighway
Rex
Rex
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:48 am
Flair: hey i guess
Current Project: secret project; will reveal soon
Chat Username: FyreNova

Re: Is it possible to make a 5th Global Switch?

Postby skyhighway » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:21 pm

I didn't get the notification; should have quoted me. The fault was on your end, not mine.

And as for your question, I don't really have an answer since the only version I really use is 1.4.5.
I do not care about who you believe in.
MEMES: show
mariosonicgamer55677 wrote:But man is this a cursed image.
Image
Quill wrote:Bowser was laughing because he had an AK-47 and Luigi didn't.
Scroll wrote:Ice blocks in a desert.
Nice going, dude
Knux wrote: I imagine that the theme for hell is just smb3 sky over and over again
TYPOS: show
PixelPest wrote:Anything posted in the Graphics forum is free for use. It's nice to give credit though where it's do

User avatar
Animebryan
Bit
Bit
Posts: 144
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:40 pm
Flair: Need help!
Current Project: Star of Darkness
Contact:

Re: Is it possible to make a 5th Global Switch?

Postby Animebryan » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:59 pm

skyhighway wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:21 pm
I didn't get the notification; should have quoted me. The fault was on your end, not mine.

And as for your question, I don't really have an answer since the only version I really use is 1.4.5.
No. Even if you don't get a notification, if you ask someone a question, its expected to check in on the topic every so often to see if someone responds. If I have an on going topic that I'm awaiting a response for, I'm gonna check in on it at least every few hours regardless if I receive a notification or not. Seems like you weren't checking the topic in the last 3 days because you just didn't care enough to check for a response. Also, maybe the reason you didn't get a notification is because you didn't set the option for notification for the topic, because simply posting in a topic doesn't automatically set the notification option.
Need serious help with Lua based features :(

User avatar
skyhighway
Rex
Rex
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:48 am
Flair: hey i guess
Current Project: secret project; will reveal soon
Chat Username: FyreNova

Re: Is it possible to make a 5th Global Switch?

Postby skyhighway » Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:22 pm

Animebryan wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:59 pm
skyhighway wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:21 pm
I didn't get the notification; should have quoted me. The fault was on your end, not mine.

And as for your question, I don't really have an answer since the only version I really use is 1.4.5.
No. Even if you don't get a notification, if you ask someone a question, its expected to check in on the topic every so often to see if someone responds. If I have an on going topic that I'm awaiting a response for, I'm gonna check in on it at least every few hours regardless if I receive a notification or not. Seems like you weren't checking the topic in the last 3 days because you just didn't care enough to check for a response. Also, maybe the reason you didn't get a notification is because you didn't set the option for notification for the topic, because simply posting in a topic doesn't automatically set the notification option.
You say this as if I'm obligated to even respond? How about you tak I was about to write something very disrespectful, but I remembered the keep-it-civilized rule. Lucky you.

Added in 2 minutes 26 seconds:
Re: Is it possible to make a 5th Global Switch? (2.0 PAL)
Also, looking at your signature, it seems like this isn't the first time you've wrongfully set the blame on someone else.
I do not care about who you believe in.
MEMES: show
mariosonicgamer55677 wrote:But man is this a cursed image.
Image
Quill wrote:Bowser was laughing because he had an AK-47 and Luigi didn't.
Scroll wrote:Ice blocks in a desert.
Nice going, dude
Knux wrote: I imagine that the theme for hell is just smb3 sky over and over again
TYPOS: show
PixelPest wrote:Anything posted in the Graphics forum is free for use. It's nice to give credit though where it's do

User avatar
Animebryan
Bit
Bit
Posts: 144
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:40 pm
Flair: Need help!
Current Project: Star of Darkness
Contact:

Re: Is it possible to make a 5th Global Switch?

Postby Animebryan » Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:45 pm

skyhighway wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:25 pm
Animebryan wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:59 pm
skyhighway wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:21 pm
I didn't get the notification; should have quoted me. The fault was on your end, not mine.

And as for your question, I don't really have an answer since the only version I really use is 1.4.5.
No. Even if you don't get a notification, if you ask someone a question, its expected to check in on the topic every so often to see if someone responds. If I have an on going topic that I'm awaiting a response for, I'm gonna check in on it at least every few hours regardless if I receive a notification or not. Seems like you weren't checking the topic in the last 3 days because you just didn't care enough to check for a response. Also, maybe the reason you didn't get a notification is because you didn't set the option for notification for the topic, because simply posting in a topic doesn't automatically set the notification option.
You say this as if I'm obligated to even respond? How about you tak I was about to write something very disrespectful, but I remembered the keep-it-civilized rule. Lucky you.

Added in 2 minutes 26 seconds:
Re: Is it possible to make a 5th Global Switch? (2.0 PAL)
Also, looking at your signature, it seems like this isn't the first time you've wrongfully set the blame on someone else.
What kind of person asks a question on a topic if they never intend to follow up on it? How does that make any sense?
And where do you get off accusing me of 'wrongfully setting the blame on someone else' based on my signature?
Need serious help with Lua based features :(

User avatar
skyhighway
Rex
Rex
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:48 am
Flair: hey i guess
Current Project: secret project; will reveal soon
Chat Username: FyreNova

Re: Is it possible to make a 5th Global Switch?

Postby skyhighway » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:17 am

Animebryan wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:45 pm
skyhighway wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:25 pm
Animebryan wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:59 pm


No. Even if you don't get a notification, if you ask someone a question, its expected to check in on the topic every so often to see if someone responds. If I have an on going topic that I'm awaiting a response for, I'm gonna check in on it at least every few hours regardless if I receive a notification or not. Seems like you weren't checking the topic in the last 3 days because you just didn't care enough to check for a response. Also, maybe the reason you didn't get a notification is because you didn't set the option for notification for the topic, because simply posting in a topic doesn't automatically set the notification option.
You say this as if I'm obligated to even respond? How about you tak I was about to write something very disrespectful, but I remembered the keep-it-civilized rule. Lucky you.

Added in 2 minutes 26 seconds:
Re: Is it possible to make a 5th Global Switch? (2.0 PAL)
Also, looking at your signature, it seems like this isn't the first time you've wrongfully set the blame on someone else.
What kind of person asks a question on a topic if they never intend to follow up on it? How does that make any sense?
And where do you get off accusing me of 'wrongfully setting the blame on someone else' based on my signature?
Animebryan wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:59 pm
What kind of person asks a question on a topic if they never intend to follow up on it? How does that make any sense?
I fully intended to follow up, but the lack of information you provided in the original post gave me no other option then to wait until further clarification.
And yes, I am aware that you changed the name to include the version.
Animebryan wrote:Due to the 'hostility' between me & some of the staff on here
From what I've seen, most of the staff are pretty chill on here, so if you pissed 'em off, you must've done something. Either way, I have a hunch that this has happened more than once.
I do not care about who you believe in.
MEMES: show
mariosonicgamer55677 wrote:But man is this a cursed image.
Image
Quill wrote:Bowser was laughing because he had an AK-47 and Luigi didn't.
Scroll wrote:Ice blocks in a desert.
Nice going, dude
Knux wrote: I imagine that the theme for hell is just smb3 sky over and over again
TYPOS: show
PixelPest wrote:Anything posted in the Graphics forum is free for use. It's nice to give credit though where it's do

User avatar
1AmPlayer
Lakitu
Lakitu
Posts: 494
Joined: Sun May 21, 2017 3:36 am
Flair: I'm a hellspawn.
Current Project: Moonlight Forest (3rd Weather Trio Series)
Chat Username: IAmPx
Contact:

Re: Is it possible to make a 5th Global Switch? (2.0 PAL)

Postby 1AmPlayer » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:32 am

Yes. You can register a new "color" (it doesn't have to be a color, but it uses switchcolors.lua to add custom ones) for a new Global Switch. You can add "local activator, myColor = switchcolors.registerColor(string name)", which gives you an activator and a numeric key for the "color". By calling the activator with "activator()", it will toggle a switch. You can also use "function switchcolors.onSwitch()" to catch switch toggles, the basic thing would be changing the id of the filled out blocks with the empty blocks and vice versa, with "switchColors.switch(id1, id2)".

I haven't tested much in this, so someone with better experience on creating this would explain it better, and also the handbook helps. Here's a shortcut to the "Switch Colors" section of the handbook: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uOd ... exlnwxvphe
Have a lenny. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I have come back in SMBX Forums. Finally! :D
Image

User avatar
Animebryan
Bit
Bit
Posts: 144
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:40 pm
Flair: Need help!
Current Project: Star of Darkness
Contact:

Re: Is it possible to make a 5th Global Switch? (2.0 PAL)

Postby Animebryan » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:02 pm

1AmPlayer wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:32 am
Yes. You can register a new "color" (it doesn't have to be a color, but it uses switchcolors.lua to add custom ones) for a new Global Switch. You can add "local activator, myColor = switchcolors.registerColor(string name)", which gives you an activator and a numeric key for the "color". By calling the activator with "activator()", it will toggle a switch. You can also use "function switchcolors.onSwitch()" to catch switch toggles, the basic thing would be changing the id of the filled out blocks with the empty blocks and vice versa, with "switchColors.switch(id1, id2)".

I haven't tested much in this, so someone with better experience on creating this would explain it better, and also the handbook helps. Here's a shortcut to the "Switch Colors" section of the handbook: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uOd ... exlnwxvphe
Yeah, I'm not well versed in Lua coding so figuring out how to write this out in code is very confusing. Do you know how the code would be written out?
Need serious help with Lua based features :(

User avatar
Animebryan
Bit
Bit
Posts: 144
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:40 pm
Flair: Need help!
Current Project: Star of Darkness
Contact:

Re: Is it possible to make a 5th Global Switch? (2.0 PAL)

Postby Animebryan » Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:19 am

Can anyone help me with this? Even after reading over the Switch Colors segment of the handbook I can't make heads or tails of how to write the code & which pertains to making a 5th Palace Switch.
Need serious help with Lua based features :(


Return to “Help and Support”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 2 guests