Need SMBX 2 advice

Need help with any SMBX game-related issues? Ask your questions here.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
stageleft
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Flair: Cinnamon & Sugar

Need SMBX 2 advice

Postby stageleft » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:59 pm

So I've recently started making the conversion to SMBX 2 and the system is really boss however..
I've found it was difficult to build levels in because it lacking something SMBX 1.3 really did good on. When placing blocks down, or even Npcs you can't start placing the same block down instead having to go back through all the graphics to find the blocks you used. If that makes sense..I'm not sure how to describe it.
I was wondering if there was a command shortcut, or button shortcut to copy graphics. I tried the copy paste option but that didn't seem to work either. I'm considering making the bulk of my levels in smbx 1.3 and then porting it to smbx 2 to put in the events and programming...unless there is a good way to overcome this. I will try to explain it better if thats too hard to understand.

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Re: Need SMBX 2 advice

Postby Enjl » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:31 am

Sounds like you're using the shitty level itembox instead of the great tileset itembox. Use the custom tab to construct palettes of objects you plan to frequently use in your level. You can also middle-mouse-click when selecting one or more objects to copy them. Copying a single one will put it on the cursor.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

stageleft
Mega Mole
Mega Mole
Flair: Cinnamon & Sugar

Postby stageleft » Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:48 am

Dude!! Thats a really nice touch!
One more question if you will, I am just looking at the Pal version now and its even more impressive. (Kudos on that I understand you have done programming for it.)
Is there much use for regular SMBX 2 or does the Pal version have closer compatibility to the engine thats currently under construction?

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Postby Enjl » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:44 pm

Pal version is close to what beta 4 will be, but episodes made on pal will break on beta 4 so we recommend people to not release for it, though they can develop on it and then port to beta 4 once it's out. In all other ways, it's a straight upgrade to beta 3.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Help and Support”