What is this error?

Need help with any SMBX game-related issues? Ask your questions here.
mario610
Spiny
Spiny

What is this error?

Postby mario610 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:14 am

Code: Select all

Execution ran for 24.022s (1304 ticks), and produced 2 warnings:

0t - Warning: Invalid line was passed to config file background-39.txt: Gfx height = 32
stack traceback:
	scripts/base/configFileReader.lua:75: in function 'parseTxt'
	scripts/base/game/bgoconfig.lua:285: in function 'func'
	...m Files/scripts/base/engine/require.lua:161: in function 'require'
	scripts/base/game/lunabase.lua:35: in function 'codeFile'
	main.lua:729: in function 'loadCodeFile'
	main.lua:871: in function <main.lua:779>
	[C]: in function '__xpcall'
	main.lua:779: in function <main.lua:778>

0t - Warning: Invalid line was passed to config file background-39.txt: gfx width = 32
stack traceback:
	scripts/base/configFileReader.lua:75: in function 'parseTxt'
	scripts/base/game/bgoconfig.lua:285: in function 'func'
	...m Files/scripts/base/engine/require.lua:161: in function 'require'
	scripts/base/game/lunabase.lua:35: in function 'codeFile'
	main.lua:729: in function 'loadCodeFile'
	main.lua:871: in function <main.lua:779>
	[C]: in function '__xpcall'
	main.lua:779: in function <main.lua:778>
It happens when I warp into another level through a door (from testing level in editor), also happens when I just exit the level in the editor

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Re: What is this error?

Postby Enjl » Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:33 am

This is a warning. It comes up in the edtior, when a level is doing something wrong that won't work, and gives you information about what's wrong. These messages can help in identifying unexpected behaviour. The lines with a number and t at the start are the beginning of a new entry. In this case, it appears to be unrecognized background config:

0t - Warning: Invalid line was passed to config file background-39.txt: Gfx height = 32
0t - Warning: Invalid line was passed to config file background-39.txt: gfx width = 32

While gfx width and gfx height aren't config names for any type of object, the closest is gfxwidth and gfxheight for npcs.
Background objects automatically resize to fit the image, divided by the provided frames in the txt. For more information:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uOd ... 1jmm92li57
The ABC of Creation

mario610
Spiny
Spiny

Postby mario610 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:59 am

Enjl wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:33 am
This is a warning. It comes up in the edtior, when a level is doing something wrong that won't work, and gives you information about what's wrong. These messages can help in identifying unexpected behaviour. The lines with a number and t at the start are the beginning of a new entry. In this case, it appears to be unrecognized background config:

While gfx width and gfx height aren't config names for any type of object, the closest is gfxwidth and gfxheight for npcs.
Background objects automatically resize to fit the image, divided by the provided frames in the txt. For more information:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uOd ... 1jmm92li57
thanks it was freaking out because it said gfx height, gfx width, I just imported my old episode pack from SMBX 1 to 2 and I'm currently trying to fix some stuff that broke during the transition

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Postby Enjl » Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:01 am

mario610 wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:59 am
thanks it was freaking out because it said gfx height, gfx width, I just imported my old episode pack from SMBX 1 to 2 and I'm currently trying to fix some stuff that broke during the transition
This probably didn't break anything, because SMBX 1.3 didn't have background txt files, so those background codes didn't do anything back then ;p
Good luck with fixing any other things in the episode.
The ABC of Creation

Return to “Help and Support”