Am I able to make multiple worldmaps for an episode?

Need help with any SMBX game-related issues? Ask your questions here.
Suckerman7 GM
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: A Mario Fan

Am I able to make multiple worldmaps for an episode?

Postby Suckerman7 GM » Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:57 am

I know this question sounds kinda dumb, but I really want to know if it's possible. Since in my project, I plan to make 8 different worlds with worldmaps, sometimes the tiles I would use for different worlds would clash together which I fear right now. But, now that I think of it: Is it possible to make multiple worldmaps which I would access from warp pipes? (If I make separate levels for warp pipes which they would lead to different worldmaps) Or, am I stuck on one map? I want to know the answer please.
Who am I? Just a guy who likes making Mario levels! I am back and better than ever, expect to see great stuff from me in the future!

Here's the link for my project thread:
viewtopic.php?f=90&t=26122

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Re: Am I able to make multiple worldmaps for an episode?

Postby Enjl » Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:18 am

No and yes.
No because the wld file is what defines the episode (name, star count, start level). One map per episode.
Yes because back in 2015 MAGLX2 has circumvented this by setting up a system in lunalua wherein in certain warps, code is executed that loads the player into a different episode entirely. MAGLX2 is like those multi-disc PlayStation games.

What I recommend is planning ahead and making use of chunking.
viewtopic.php?f=105&t=25320
Ideas are useless if you can't make them real.

All my assets from packs and episodes are free to use for non-Novaverse levels and projects, as long as proper credit is given.

Suckerman7 GM
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Flair: A Mario Fan

Re: Am I able to make multiple worldmaps for an episode?

Postby Suckerman7 GM » Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:26 am

Enjl wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:18 am
No and yes.
No because the wld file is what defines the episode (name, star count, start level). One map per episode.
Yes because back in 2015 MAGLX2 has circumvented this by setting up a system in lunalua wherein in certain warps, code is executed that loads the player into a different episode entirely. MAGLX2 is like those multi-disc PlayStation games.

What I recommend is planning ahead and making use of chunking.
viewtopic.php?f=105&t=25320
Thanks for answering.
Who am I? Just a guy who likes making Mario levels! I am back and better than ever, expect to see great stuff from me in the future!

Here's the link for my project thread:
viewtopic.php?f=90&t=26122

Return to “Help and Support”