Unlockable characters?

Need help with any SMBX game-related issues? Ask your questions here.
User avatar
Bryux
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 6:32 am

Unlockable characters?

Postby Bryux » Thu May 22, 2014 3:42 am

I'm wondering, is there any way of making characters unlockable? Like, you can't switch to them in the world map pause screen from the start, but once you unlock them, you can? It sounds like it would be possible in LunaDLL with memory manipulation, but I'm not very familiar with that...
Obligatory signaturtle
Image
Oh yeah. Praise the moon!

User avatar
Veudekato
Ripper II
Ripper II
Posts: 394
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:14 am

Re: Unlockable characters?

Postby Veudekato » Thu May 22, 2014 4:08 am

what do you mean? you you want unlock character - in level editor - world mode - ban characters. and select 0
My channel (news about PlatGEnWohl , PlatGEnWohl tutorials,LunaDll ,and SMBX tests):
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6h-42umT14iR1wa3VkOs3Q





Image






If you want to make full screenshot of your level (big screenshot - screen of whole section) , just tell me via PM!

User avatar
Bryux
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 6:32 am

Re: Unlockable characters?

Postby Bryux » Thu May 22, 2014 5:23 am

I want characters to be banned from the start, I know how to do that, but I want them to be unbanned/available later, when, for example, you've beat something on a certain stage, last time I checked, it was possible to trigger a LunaDLL event from that, and then using the memory manipulation to modify whatever remembers if a character is banned or not.
Obligatory signaturtle
Image
Oh yeah. Praise the moon!

User avatar
zlaker
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Posts: 2827
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:46 pm

Re: Unlockable characters?

Postby zlaker » Thu May 22, 2014 5:41 am

1.) Make the character in the game you to be unlockable disabled in your World Map. That means you can't play as that character when you start the game.
2.) Make any kind of level which requires either certian amount of stars, or anything like that. I recommend the SMW stars because it's easier to unlock it.
3.) These steps are only if you're gonna use stars to unlock the character:
3.1) Make any kind of level and it needs 2 sections.
3.2) The first section needs a door that leads to the second section.
3.3) Go to Warps & Doors and make a a warp and then select door.
3.4) Under you can see a slot saying "Stars Needed". Type the numbers of stars you want.
3.5) In the seconds section you put the unlockable character's player block.
There you go. That's how you make a unlockable character with stars. There is another way, but I didn't quite remember it.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
I make art lol

User avatar
Bryux
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 6:32 am

Re: Unlockable characters?

Postby Bryux » Thu May 22, 2014 8:58 am

Ice wrote:1.) Make the character in the game you to be unlockable disabled in your World Map. That means you can't play as that character when you start the game.
2.) Make any kind of level which requires either certian amount of stars, or anything like that. I recommend the SMW stars because it's easier to unlock it.
3.) These steps are only if you're gonna use stars to unlock the character:
3.1) Make any kind of level and it needs 2 sections.
3.2) The first section needs a door that leads to the second section.
3.3) Go to Warps & Doors and make a a warp and then select door.
3.4) Under you can see a slot saying "Stars Needed". Type the numbers of stars you want.
3.5) In the seconds section you put the unlockable character's player block.
There you go. That's how you make a unlockable character with stars. There is another way, but I didn't quite remember it.
Tell us if/when you remember.
Obligatory signaturtle
Image
Oh yeah. Praise the moon!

User avatar
zlaker
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Posts: 2827
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:46 pm

Re: Unlockable characters?

Postby zlaker » Thu May 22, 2014 9:02 am

Oki I will, but did it work?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
I make art lol

User avatar
FanofSMBX
Bowser
Bowser
Posts: 3884
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:01 pm

Re: Unlockable characters?

Postby FanofSMBX » Thu May 22, 2014 9:39 am

That way doesn't allow you to switch to them on the world map.

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
My graphics pack!
Supporting forums:

Spoiler: show
SMBX Galaxy forum by Pivot40Channel
http://smbxgalaxy.prophpbb.com/
Come to the SMBX+ forums by illias3000. There is a whole forum category dedicated to the boss rush series with official rushes, submit bosses, and fan boss rushes! It is still open but AirSeus Forums is now open:
http://nsmbx.prophpbb.com/
AirSeus Forums the new home of the Boss Rush series:
http://smbxairseusforums.prophpbb.com/
Spoiler: show
First to discover:
Spark
Eerie
Grinder
Rainbow Shell
Birdo
Boom Boom
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
KINGBOWSER112 RULES!


User avatar
zlaker
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Posts: 2827
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:46 pm

Re: Unlockable characters?

Postby zlaker » Thu May 22, 2014 9:47 am

FanofSMBX wrote:That way doesn't allow you to switch to them on the world map.
But it's the only way to make it unlockable, if you don't count the other method I forgot
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
I make art lol

User avatar
FanofSMBX
Bowser
Bowser
Posts: 3884
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:01 pm

Re: Unlockable characters?

Postby FanofSMBX » Thu May 22, 2014 9:56 am

Ice wrote:
FanofSMBX wrote:That way doesn't allow you to switch to them on the world map.
But it's the only way to make it unlockable, if you don't count the other method I forgot
He said specifically he didn't want that to be that way.

I believe in Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. If you do, put this in your signature.
My graphics pack!
Supporting forums:

Spoiler: show
SMBX Galaxy forum by Pivot40Channel
http://smbxgalaxy.prophpbb.com/
Come to the SMBX+ forums by illias3000. There is a whole forum category dedicated to the boss rush series with official rushes, submit bosses, and fan boss rushes! It is still open but AirSeus Forums is now open:
http://nsmbx.prophpbb.com/
AirSeus Forums the new home of the Boss Rush series:
http://smbxairseusforums.prophpbb.com/
Spoiler: show
First to discover:
Spark
Eerie
Grinder
Rainbow Shell
Birdo
Boom Boom
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
KINGBOWSER112 RULES!


User avatar
zlaker
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Posts: 2827
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:46 pm

Re: Unlockable characters?

Postby zlaker » Thu May 22, 2014 2:36 pm

FanofSMBX wrote:
Ice wrote:
FanofSMBX wrote:That way doesn't allow you to switch to them on the world map.
But it's the only way to make it unlockable, if you don't count the other method I forgot
He said specifically he didn't want that to be that way.
So far that's the only way I think exist
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
I make art lol

leif_erikson
Hoopster
Hoopster
Posts: 167
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:23 pm

Re: Unlockable characters?

Postby leif_erikson » Sat May 24, 2014 7:33 pm

LunaDLL doesn't run on the world map so
DON'T PM me. Post your questions in the help thread so that others may benefit from the answers.


Return to “Help and Support”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests