Custom SFX

Need help with any SMBX game-related issues? Ask your questions here.
BabyWeegee
Rex
Rex

Custom SFX

Postby BabyWeegee » Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:33 pm

So, this is something I've been trying to tackle for a long time. I'm trying to implement custom sound effects into my SMBX, but whenever I do that, the sound effects just don't play when they are supposed to. Is there something I'm not doing right? I watched a YouTube tutorial that didn't work, and I've done the steps that seem necessary to me, and nothing. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
"I ain't afraid of nothing... except Rottweilers... and expired mayonnaise."

JupiHornet
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa

Re: Custom SFX

Postby JupiHornet » Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:46 pm

You have to rename your files to match the original SFX, and then put them in the "sound" folder.
AeroMatter wrote: This post is ironic. These forums are ironic. My life is ironic.

If you want to talk to me, add me on Discord at JupiHornet#2897, or go to my Twitter page!
You can also check out my YouTube channel!
- PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS TURTWIG -

Imaynotbehere4long
Kamikaze Koopa
Kamikaze Koopa
Current Project: Chaotic Culmination: Universe Rescuer

Re: Custom SFX

Postby Imaynotbehere4long » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:06 pm

It is also recommended that you back up your original "sound" folder before replacing the existing sound effects. That way, when you're done testing your episode, you can change the sound effects back to their default sounds.

If you're saying that you want to add sound effects on top of the existing sound effects, that is impossible without using LunaDLL.
I've decided to cancel SMBXville Under Seige. After my 1st Senior year of college, I realized I wouldn't have enough time to devote to finishing my four-level episode. Apologies to those who cared.
My favorite quote on the entire forum:
Spoiler: show
mechamind wrote:
AeroMatter wrote:People who think "autistic" is an adjective and not a verb.
You autistic some people so much with that statement.
My SMBX portfolio:
Spoiler: show
(includes a Sonic 3D Blast styled level.)
SOMEONE ANSWER MY CRY FOR HELP: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =69&t=2026

Return to “Help and Support”