Is it possible to add falling particles? Snow, rain etc..

Need help with any SMBX game-related issues? Ask your questions here.
Rux Ton
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Is it possible to add falling particles? Snow, rain etc..

Postby Rux Ton » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:53 pm

Hi, i was wondering if it were possible to add things like.. falling leaves, or other floating particles for aesthetic purposes, and how it would work? I can't seem to find anything about it anywhere. But if it's not possible that's totally fine.

Thank you.
I am an electronic music producer.
I do music for my own personal projects as well as for indie games. It all started when I was a little kid playing Donkey Kong Country 2, and the music changed my life.
By producer I mean I completely program the music, and do the synthesis from scratch. It's fun for me. VERY fun.

https://soundcloud.com/ruxton <--- Check out my music on soundcloud here.

underFlo
Reznor
Reznor
Flair: sup im lesbiab
Pronouns: They/She

Re: Is it possible to add falling particles? Snow, rain etc.

Postby underFlo » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:57 pm

BGOs mostly.

If you want leaves, super leaf generators with the leaves set to friendly do the job. This also works if you want slowly falling snowflakes.
im a girl yo

Rux Ton
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Postby Rux Ton » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:18 pm

Is there like a tutorial, or a bit more of an indepth on how to do this? Oh boy this will be very new to me heh.

Thank you for the reply also. VERY much appreciated.

EDIT: Oh wait I seemed to have figured it out, okay I got it. Thanks man :)
I do music for my own personal projects as well as for indie games. It all started when I was a little kid playing Donkey Kong Country 2, and the music changed my life.
By producer I mean I completely program the music, and do the synthesis from scratch. It's fun for me. VERY fun.

Squishy Rex
Charged Spiny
Charged Spiny
Pronouns: he/him

Postby Squishy Rex » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:57 am

Also, if you download the NEW SMBX CGFX Pack (if you haven't already) check out the "Eyecandy" folder. It has snow, rain heavy rain, fog etc etc. Most of these replace BGOs that you can simply place into your level like any normal object.
SMBX Asset Archive
COMING SOON!

Rux Ton
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Postby Rux Ton » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:14 am

I will certainly have to check that out :) thank you.

There was one other thing I forgot to ask, is there a way to change opacity of things? Like, say I wanted a layer of fog, etc. How would that work? To make something like fog, barely opaque. I have seen a few screenshots of some levels here where the fog is lightly transparent, barely able to see through it. Or is this one of those things that isn't easy to do?

bossedit8
Banned

Postby bossedit8 » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:19 am

If the Graphic itself has a mask you can Change it a bit by the blackness around so that you can see through a bit or even more depends how strong or weak the gray has been placed out (only Counts on the mask). The stronger/darker the gray, it more it gets weaker to see through it.

Rux Ton
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Postby Rux Ton » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:21 am

Wow you guys are quick. Thanks so much!

Time to get to work :)

Return to “Help and Support”