Question about custom menu work

Need help with any SMBX game-related issues? Ask your questions here.
Rux Ton
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep

Question about custom menu work

Postby Rux Ton » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:11 pm

I know this may or may not go over my head but is there ability to make a custom menu for, either the main menu (so for example, like SM64, the file select you can highlight 4 slots, etc..) or is this lunadll stuff?

I saw this video earlier of a guy using a flash menu he made to access different battle levels, implemented in his SMBX but I wasn't sure if this was possible at a different scale or not.

(I am just basically trying to view what all my options are as I have enough flash knowledge to create a custom menu IF this is possible.)

I was also considering making an intro animation in flash and have that run as well. Like a typical starting screen from a retro game. Thanks for answering my questions though guys. You have all been very quick and helpful :) A great welcome for me to this beautiful community.
I am an electronic music producer.
I do music for my own personal projects as well as for indie games. It all started when I was a little kid playing Donkey Kong Country 2, and the music changed my life.
By producer I mean I completely program the music, and do the synthesis from scratch. It's fun for me. VERY fun.

https://soundcloud.com/ruxton <--- Check out my music on soundcloud here.

RudeGuy
Fry Guy
Fry Guy
Flair: local guy

Re: Question about custom menu work

Postby RudeGuy » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:53 am

I'm not sure of it, but I think you need to change some hard coded graphics. Here's a tutorial for doing so. A completely custom menu is impossible, though.
Also, in SMBX 1.3 and 1.3.0.1 there is already the battle levels option, so that guy didn't do anything to implement battle levels.
im bored

Return to “Help and Support”