Episode Files are invisible?

Need help with any SMBX game-related issues? Ask your questions here.
SecondScolipede
Blooper
Blooper
Current Project: Mayonnaise Island

Episode Files are invisible?

Postby SecondScolipede » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:59 pm

Essentially, i'm trying to remove te save files for my custom levels as well as trying to delete my custom levels, but I can't find them. When I view them in File Explorer where i saved them it says the folder is empty, and takes up no space, but when I open it with the Level editor, it shows my custom levels within that folder. Any files I save using the level editor seem invisible to my file explorer, meaning I can't edit them in any way, as well as once I have made them, they refuse to leave SMBX.

For reference:
This is my Worlds folder, from file exlorer's view:
It says it's empty
But when I view it from the Level editor, I see this:

Also notice that I can still access world, level, music files, and save files from the worlds that come pre-loaded with SMBX.
Last edited by SecondScolipede on Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Never break a glowstick.

HenryRichard
Ludwig von Koopa
Ludwig von Koopa
Flair: Is this where I type my password?

Re: Episode Files are invisible?

Postby HenryRichard » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:50 pm

Try turning on "show compatibility files" in windows explorer.
And welcome to the forums. :D
Jesus is my savior.

SecondScolipede
Blooper
Blooper

VIEW TOP POST

Postby SecondScolipede » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:06 pm

Changed the fist post with a better explanation of my problem, because the above solution didn't work.

Never break a glowstick.

BabyBlueFord
Cheep-Cheep
Cheep-Cheep
Current Project: Bowsers Conquest

Postby BabyBlueFord » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:14 pm

For my solution, try searching from the "My PC" folder. You must search the title of the episode or level. It takes a while, but you can access it (at least this has worked for me). However, I'm not sure if there's a way to remove them from the level editor.

Also, I think the files come pre-loaded because they were already there, or they come with the download. I'm not entirely sure, though. I would ask someone knowledgeable on it.
If you truly believe you can achieve something, then never let someone or something stop you because you know you can accomplish it.

SecondScolipede
Blooper
Blooper

Postby SecondScolipede » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:25 pm

BabyBlueFord wrote:For my solution, try searching from the "My PC" folder. You must search the title of the episode or level. It takes a while, but you can access it (at least this has worked for me). However, I'm not sure if there's a way to remove them from the level editor.

Also, I think the files come pre-loaded because they were already there, or they come with the download. I'm not entirely sure, though. I would ask someone knowledgeable on it.
The pre-loaded files I was referring to were save files from the pre-loaded maps, which I wanted to remove. And your method worked! As it turns out, I had to go to Appdata before it would work.

I sincerely thank you for your help.

Never break a glowstick.

Return to “Help and Support”