The Gloaming Realm

Share your completed SMBX episodes or play and discuss others.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Does your topic feature a completed SMBX episode accompanied with screenshots?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?

Who do you think is better?

Celebi
No votes
Jirachi
100%

Total votes: 3
Daring Tombstone
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Current Project: The Gloaming Realm
Chat Username: Chaperone

Re: The Gloaming Realm

Postby Daring Tombstone » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:50 pm

thegameseum wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:49 am
I also have the issue of not being able to get past the first castle stage. I think the stage is supposed to loop vertically at one point but when I fall down I just lose a life.
The level wraps vertically yes. Lunalua is crashing on startup due to some script not being able to execute properly on Mag3. Since lunalua is crashing nothing is telling the game to vertically wrap like it's supposed to. Should beta 4 come out and this episode still be relevant I'll attempt to fix script issues (should there be any) but since it's still a super early build that's constantly going through changes right now it's best to play this in beta 3.
Accurate representation of me after seeing the new SMBX version right after posting my new episode.
My current episode
Spoiler: show

Benjamin88
Bob-omb
Bob-omb
Chat Username: Benjamin

Postby Benjamin88 » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:24 am

i have 67% right now so unless this is the 100% i,m still missing some stuff. i have 2 stars

Daring Tombstone
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby Daring Tombstone » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:40 pm

Benjamin88 wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:24 am
i have 67% right now so unless this is the 100% i,m still missing some stuff. i have 2 stars
66% was what I ended up with. I don't know why, maybe it's something on the world map that was leftover I forgot to remove. Also should have been 1 star. Did you actually grab the one Jirachi teases you with at the end of the true ending?
Accurate representation of me after seeing the new SMBX version right after posting my new episode.
My current episode

Benjamin88
Bob-omb
Bob-omb
Chat Username: Benjamin

Postby Benjamin88 » Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:08 am

the one in the final mysthical challenge yeah i got that one. i completed the stage two times for both answers. the other one is given by peach

Daring Tombstone
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby Daring Tombstone » Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:59 pm

You know what I completely forgot Peach gives you a star. The Peach ending one was done so late in development though, it was actually the last thing I did before releasing this while the other was done fairly early. If paths on the world map go toward completion percentage there's a scrapped area on the world map I didn't completely remove and would probably be the reason 67% is the highest you can get.

Also, thanks for playing this episode. Hope you had fun with it.
My current episode

stageleft
Blooper
Blooper
Flair: Cinnamon & Sugar
Current Project: Unnamed full custom episode

Postby stageleft » Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:36 pm

So is this episode a fairly short one or huge its hard to tell at first. Love the dark colors in the first forest level I'm still just getting into it but I like what I see.

Daring Tombstone
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Postby Daring Tombstone » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:41 pm

stageleft wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:36 pm
So is this episode a fairly short one or huge its hard to tell at first. Love the dark colors in the first forest level I'm still just getting into it but I like what I see.
I ran through it earlier to see if I fixed the 67% after everything was done and it took me about 3 hours to complete it.
My current episode

stageleft
Blooper
Blooper
Flair: Cinnamon & Sugar
Current Project: Unnamed full custom episode

Postby stageleft » Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:40 pm

The Twisted Tower was pretty clever though it felt way too long, mostly because the last thowmp is almost impossible to get by without taking a hit. Maybe I missed a shell or something though.
Foggy Way was straight gold. I'm going to have to go into the editor to see how you programmed the npcs.

Return to “Episodes”