Level Collection (v.1.3.6)

Share your completed SMBX episodes or play and discuss others.
FutureNyanCat2014
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Posts: 594
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:39 pm
Flair: The robotic kitty aka. Jaden1291 the Toad / Hex!
Pronouns: He/Him
Contact:

Re: Level Collection (v.1.3)

Postby FutureNyanCat2014 » Sun Feb 20, 2022 7:47 am

Eyyy the download link has been fixed! I'm gonna download this QUICK. Also if you said you're allowing use of graphic assets, I still have to make sure I get permission from you before you do so, so can I do that as well?

LooKiCH
Bit
Bit
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:28 am
Pronouns: he/him
Contact:

Re: Level Collection (v.1.3)

Postby LooKiCH » Sat Feb 26, 2022 1:59 pm

one more debug error
Image

zlaker
Birdo
Birdo
Posts: 2838
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:46 pm

Re: Level Collection (v.1.3.1)

Postby zlaker » Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:48 pm

Fixed some code and tweaked some Dragon Coin Rooms. Main topic has been updated as well.
LooKiCH wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 1:59 pm
one more debug error
Image
Try downloading this patch. It should fix the problem.

jumpykrusty
Koopa
Koopa
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:50 am

Re: Level Collection (v.1.3.1)

Postby jumpykrusty » Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:54 am

Thank you @zlaker, definitely one of the most intricately crafted episodes ever. Great work!

However, I'm unable to get the fifth dragon coin in the Surveillence Stronghold level in version 1.3.1. Soon after the last checkpoint in a small room with a goomba, there's a hidden "?" block to produces a blue-ish spring. Looks like I need the spring to get to the blue pipe on the left of the room. However, no matter what I do I can't pick up that spring! Am I doing something wrong or does this needs to be fixed?

zlaker
Birdo
Birdo
Posts: 2838
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:46 pm

Re: Level Collection (v.1.3.2)

Postby zlaker » Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:23 pm

jumpykrusty wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:54 am
Thank you @zlaker, definitely one of the most intricately crafted episodes ever. Great work!

However, I'm unable to get the fifth dragon coin in the Surveillence Stronghold level in version 1.3.1. Soon after the last checkpoint in a small room with a goomba, there's a hidden "?" block to produces a blue-ish spring. Looks like I need the spring to get to the blue pipe on the left of the room. However, no matter what I do I can't pick up that spring! Am I doing something wrong or does this needs to be fixed?
Try downloading this patch. It should fix the problem. I've updated the main post with a link too.

jumpykrusty
Koopa
Koopa
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:50 am

Re: Level Collection (v.1.3.2)

Postby jumpykrusty » Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:18 pm

zlaker wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:23 pm
jumpykrusty wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:54 am
Thank you @zlaker, definitely one of the most intricately crafted episodes ever. Great work!

However, I'm unable to get the fifth dragon coin in the Surveillence Stronghold level in version 1.3.1. Soon after the last checkpoint in a small room with a goomba, there's a hidden "?" block to produces a blue-ish spring. Looks like I need the spring to get to the blue pipe on the left of the room. However, no matter what I do I can't pick up that spring! Am I doing something wrong or does this needs to be fixed?
Try downloading this patch. It should fix the problem. I've updated the main post with a link too.
Thanks!! Unfortunately, I still can't pick up that spring. In the end I had to hop on the Goomba to get a boost up into that pipe which worked. But it's probably better to fix the spring anyway!

zlaker
Birdo
Birdo
Posts: 2838
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:46 pm

Re: Level Collection (v.1.3.3)

Postby zlaker » Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:36 am

jumpykrusty wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:18 pm
Thanks!! Unfortunately, I still can't pick up that spring. In the end I had to hop on the Goomba to get a boost up into that pipe which worked. But it's probably better to fix the spring anyway!
That is really strange. Try downloading this instead, I lowererd the hidden block now so you should be able to hit and the get Springboard just fine. I updated the main topic as well.

jumpykrusty
Koopa
Koopa
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:50 am

Re: Level Collection (v.1.3.3)

Postby jumpykrusty » Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:13 pm

zlaker wrote:
Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:36 am
jumpykrusty wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:18 pm
Thanks!! Unfortunately, I still can't pick up that spring. In the end I had to hop on the Goomba to get a boost up into that pipe which worked. But it's probably better to fix the spring anyway!
That is really strange. Try downloading this instead, I lowererd the hidden block now so you should be able to hit and the get Springboard just fine. I updated the main topic as well.
Thanks! But did you upload the right files? The filename is 1.3.3, but the folder inside is 1.3.2, and after unzipping it to replace the game files, the block's position is unchanged...

zlaker
Birdo
Birdo
Posts: 2838
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:46 pm

Re: Level Collection (v.1.3.3)

Postby zlaker » Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:03 pm

jumpykrusty wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:13 pm
Thanks! But did you upload the right files? The filename is 1.3.3, but the folder inside is 1.3.2, and after unzipping it to replace the game files, the block's position is unchanged...
This should work then, sorry about the problems.

jumpykrusty
Koopa
Koopa
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:50 am

Re: Level Collection (v.1.3.3)

Postby jumpykrusty » Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:25 am

zlaker wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:03 pm
jumpykrusty wrote:
Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:13 pm
Thanks! But did you upload the right files? The filename is 1.3.3, but the folder inside is 1.3.2, and after unzipping it to replace the game files, the block's position is unchanged...
This should work then, sorry about the problems.
No worries and wow! Thank you so much for your quick responses, it's amazing.

Strangely enough, I still can't pick up the spring. Another method I found is to freeze the goomba in that room and jump on the ice block to reach the pipe. Is it something with the SMBX version I am using? (I am using the latest 2.4 beta) Oh, and if there's a way to record a video of my trouble picking up the block I'd happily do it, but can it be done within SMBX????

BTW, for the "A Mountain Hike" level, I strongly suggest making the part with the double and triple jumps easier, or more forgiving with at least one additional checkpoint. It was very frustrating to get to the last third of the section, die during one of the jumps, and having to start the section from the beginning.

zlaker
Birdo
Birdo
Posts: 2838
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:46 pm

Re: Level Collection (v.1.3.4)

Postby zlaker » Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:21 am

jumpykrusty wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:25 am
No worries and wow! Thank you so much for your quick responses, it's amazing.

Strangely enough, I still can't pick up the spring. Another method I found is to freeze the goomba in that room and jump on the ice block to reach the pipe. Is it something with the SMBX version I am using? (I am using the latest 2.4 beta) Oh, and if there's a way to record a video of my trouble picking up the block I'd happily do it, but can it be done within SMBX????

BTW, for the "A Mountain Hike" level, I strongly suggest making the part with the double and triple jumps easier, or more forgiving with at least one additional checkpoint. It was very frustrating to get to the last third of the section, die during one of the jumps, and having to start the section from the beginning.
That is really strange, try this new patch. I changed it so that you only need to hit the invisible question mark block to access the pipe and fixed the issues you had with A Mountain Hike. I also updated the main topic.

Also you can record a GIF with F11 in-game with SMBX. It'll be saved in the "gif-recordings" folder.

jumpykrusty
Koopa
Koopa
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:50 am

Re: Level Collection (v.1.3.4)

Postby jumpykrusty » Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:22 am

zlaker wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 10:21 am
jumpykrusty wrote:
Wed Mar 09, 2022 7:25 am
No worries and wow! Thank you so much for your quick responses, it's amazing.

Strangely enough, I still can't pick up the spring. Another method I found is to freeze the goomba in that room and jump on the ice block to reach the pipe. Is it something with the SMBX version I am using? (I am using the latest 2.4 beta) Oh, and if there's a way to record a video of my trouble picking up the block I'd happily do it, but can it be done within SMBX????

BTW, for the "A Mountain Hike" level, I strongly suggest making the part with the double and triple jumps easier, or more forgiving with at least one additional checkpoint. It was very frustrating to get to the last third of the section, die during one of the jumps, and having to start the section from the beginning.
That is really strange, try this new patch. I changed it so that you only need to hit the invisible question mark block to access the pipe and fixed the issues you had with A Mountain Hike. I also updated the main topic.

Also you can record a GIF with F11 in-game with SMBX. It'll be saved in the "gif-recordings" folder.
Amazing. Thank you for being so responsive! Seems to work now.

LooKiCH
Bit
Bit
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:28 am
Pronouns: he/him
Contact:

Re: Level Collection (v.1.3.4)

Postby LooKiCH » Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:47 am

By the way, you still need to make sure that the game is saved every time you go to the next level, I did this by inserting "Misc.saveGame()" everywhere on one line higher than "level.load" code into the level_transition.lua file
Image
otherwise, if the game crashes, then the collected dragon coins and other savedata saves in previous levels will not be saved

Added in 21 minutes 40 seconds:
By the way, I advise you to use the "for _,p in ipairs(Player.get()) do" loop for players so that the actions will work for all players

deice
Ripper II
Ripper II
Posts: 329
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:35 am

Re: Level Collection (v.1.3.4)

Postby deice » Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:24 am

LooKiCH wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:09 am
Added in 21 minutes 40 seconds:
By the way, I advise you to use the "for _,p in ipairs(Player.get()) do" loop for players so that the actions will work for all players
the OP states that it's a 1-player episode, so there's no need to do that unless they wish to account for the cloning cheats which nobody really has an obligation to do anyway.

LooKiCH
Bit
Bit
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:28 am
Pronouns: he/him
Contact:

Re: Level Collection (v.1.3.4)

Postby LooKiCH » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:15 pm

deice wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:24 am
LooKiCH wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:09 am
Added in 21 minutes 40 seconds:
By the way, I advise you to use the "for _,p in ipairs(Player.get()) do" loop for players so that the actions will work for all players
the OP states that it's a 1-player episode, so there's no need to do that unless they wish to account for the cloning cheats which nobody really has an obligation to do anyway.
well, this is understandable, but through the vanilla menu of the game you can select the mode for 2 players
UPD: in general, by the way, he can make the automatic mode change to 1 player mode at each start of level, like in an episode SKL Mario Bros
e.g.

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Posts: 9386
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 pm
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Re: Level Collection (v.1.3.4)

Postby Enjl » Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:30 pm

LooKiCH wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:15 pm

well, this is understandable, but through the vanilla menu of the game you can select the mode for 2 players
UPD: in general, by the way, he can make the automatic mode change to 1 player mode at each start of level, like in an episode SKL Mario Bros
e.g.
if you are referring to the SMBX 1.3 title screen, that menu is discontinued and scheduled for removal in a future version. (it is even capable of corrupting save data! so it should definitely be avoided at all costs!)

much like with basegame cheats like "2player" or "burnthehousedown", i feel like any instability in the game caused by using the old title screen is burdened on the player rather than the designer.

LooKiCH
Bit
Bit
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:28 am
Pronouns: he/him
Contact:

Re: Level Collection (v.1.3.4)

Postby LooKiCH » Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:44 pm

i found the noclip bug

zlaker
Birdo
Birdo
Posts: 2838
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:46 pm

Re: Level Collection (v.1.3.5)

Postby zlaker » Sat Jul 09, 2022 7:44 am

LooKiCH wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:09 am
By the way, you still need to make sure that the game is saved every time you go to the next level, I did this by inserting "Misc.saveGame()" everywhere on one line higher than "level.load" code into the level_transition.lua file
Image
otherwise, if the game crashes, then the collected dragon coins and other savedata saves in previous levels will not be saved

Added in 21 minutes 40 seconds:
By the way, I advise you to use the "for _,p in ipairs(Player.get()) do" loop for players so that the actions will work for all players
LooKiCH wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:44 pm
i found the noclip bug
Sorry for the late response, but thanks for letting me know about these issues!

I have updated the main thread with a patch adressing these issues.

LooKiCH
Bit
Bit
Posts: 75
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:28 am
Pronouns: he/him
Contact:

Level Collection Longplay

Postby LooKiCH » Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:08 am


zlaker
Birdo
Birdo
Posts: 2838
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:46 pm

Re: Level Collection (v.1.3.6)

Postby zlaker » Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:02 pm

Updated the main post with a new version that fixed a bug where the player could move during the last segment of the final level and fixed an oversight in one of the bonus rooms in level 8.


Return to “Episodes”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: PlushTube123 and 2 guests