Industrial Works

Share your completed SMBX episodes or play and discuss others.
sardonicsteve
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:26 pm
Current Project: The Threat

Industrial Works

Postby sardonicsteve » Sat Feb 15, 2014 5:41 pm

Hello everyone,

Just a couple of quick things before you play:

- This is not a long episode (4 levels)
- Levels are not long
- Textures/NPCs are not consistant with one theme

I want my episodes to have a fun and nostalgic feel of all the classic Mario games to them (i.e the different textures/NPCs)

Now for the introduction...

This is my first submission :mrgreen:
Basically this episode has a city/industrial setting with a Mario-esqu feel to it.

Screens:
Spoiler: show
Image
Image
I hope you guys like it!

- Steve

Download

http://www.mediafire.com/?tc5vsnwxo1g9s
Last edited by Enjl on Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Screens provided
Image
My Battle Level: Toxic Dome
My Next Battle Level: Glacial Rumble (Current Project) *Freeze Man Special*

Enjl
Cute Yoshi Egg
Cute Yoshi Egg
Posts: 8453
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:58 pm
Flair: Orphion Egamalenitar Osmos IV, Esq.

Re: Industrial Works

Postby Enjl » Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:02 pm

I'm going to lock this for now because you didn't provide a screenshot of your level. PM me or another level judge a screenshot and this'll get unlocked, k?
Screens provided, unlocked.
The ABC of Creation
________________________________________________________
Image

silent_
Larry Koopa
Larry Koopa
Posts: 2157
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:34 pm
Current Project: something

Re: Industrial Works

Postby silent_ » Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:23 am

You seem to have an episode here with numerous stages, so I'll move it to the correct board. Bear in mind the system changed; nowadays even normal users can post in episodes and you initially don't need to post them in levels for them to get approved and such.
previously known as Kep

User avatar
Kley
Edge
Edge
Posts: 689
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:00 am
Flair: Robot
Chat Username: Kley

Re: Industrial Works

Postby Kley » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:27 pm

I really hate to say it, but this episode was just purely awful
The levels were almost completely flat with nothing but enemies coming at you a lot.
There needs to be a lot more obstacles, replay value, and scenery before this could even be considered kind of good.

I'm not trying to be mean, but this seriously needs some major work done before it could ever be considered good...

Image


sardonicsteve
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:26 pm
Current Project: The Threat

Re: Industrial Works

Postby sardonicsteve » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:03 am

Kley wrote:I really hate to say it, but this episode was just purely awful
The levels were almost completely flat with nothing but enemies coming at you a lot.
There needs to be a lot more obstacles, replay value, and scenery before this could even be considered kind of good.

I'm not trying to be mean, but this seriously needs some major work done before it could ever be considered good...
Kinda figured (hence, my first SMBX thing i'v ever created) I'll change this episode soon so it will be better.
Image
My Battle Level: Toxic Dome
My Next Battle Level: Glacial Rumble (Current Project) *Freeze Man Special*

User avatar
Kley
Edge
Edge
Posts: 689
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:00 am
Flair: Robot
Chat Username: Kley

Re: Industrial Works

Postby Kley » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:46 pm

sardonicsteve wrote:
Kley wrote:I really hate to say it, but this episode was just purely awful
The levels were almost completely flat with nothing but enemies coming at you a lot.
There needs to be a lot more obstacles, replay value, and scenery before this could even be considered kind of good.

I'm not trying to be mean, but this seriously needs some major work done before it could ever be considered good...
Kinda figured (hence, my first SMBX thing i'v ever created) I'll change this episode soon so it will be better.
My best word of advice to you when it comes to seeing ideal design is playing other levels or play the invasion 2.
You'll quickly see what we strive and look for in levels :P

Image


User avatar
Devan2002
Ripper II
Ripper II
Posts: 304
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:46 am
Chat Username: Devan2002

Re: Industrial Works

Postby Devan2002 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:29 am

Kley wrote:
sardonicsteve wrote:
Kley wrote:I really hate to say it, but this episode was just purely awful
The levels were almost completely flat with nothing but enemies coming at you a lot.
There needs to be a lot more obstacles, replay value, and scenery before this could even be considered kind of good.

I'm not trying to be mean, but this seriously needs some major work done before it could ever be considered good...
Kinda figured (hence, my first SMBX thing i'v ever created) I'll change this episode soon so it will be better.
My best word of advice to you when it comes to seeing ideal design is playing other levels or play the invasion 2.
You'll quickly see what we strive and look for in levels :P
Seems like some good advice for a new SMBX player. I try to add obstacles, scenery, and even some puzzles once in a while. Especially because mine is a Zelda project.
It's kinda sad to see that there aren't many episodes based on Link being the main protagonist. Hopefully I can see more in the future, because LoZ was one of my favorite franchises. ;)
Image

You can always give me ideas on my projects, so don't hold them in.

I am the nerd of video games. :ugeek:
What is my life: show
Image
Supported Projects: show
Image
ImageImage
I support these projects. :mrgreen:
Also, have an adorable image of Budew.
Image
Legend of Zelda X: My project: show
Image


Return to “Episodes”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DylanJ and 22 guests