Smbx: The Reign Of Queen Toadstool

Share your completed SMBX episodes or play and discuss others.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Does your topic feature a completed SMBX episode accompanied with screenshots?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
UltraEpicLeader100
Rex
Rex
Flair: Expand Memes
Current Project: Another ?#&$*;! Super Mario World Style SMBX Episode
Chat Username: UltraEpicLeader100

Smbx: The Reign Of Queen Toadstool

Postby UltraEpicLeader100 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:00 am

I made this as a side project to Sonic And The Quest For His Shoes!

It takes place 5 Years after the events of Super Mario Bros. if Bowser Jr was with Bowser at the time.

This episode Contains 10 Levels!

Screenies (The prefered Brand Of Smbx Players!):

Download in the spoiler!
Spoiler: show
I support:
I accept Nozomi Toujou as my Lord and Savior. If you do, then why not put this in your signature?

KorayD
Bob-omb
Bob-omb

Re: Smbx: The Reign Of Queen Toadstool

Postby KorayD » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:15 pm

Please don't take this wrong, but this episode need some work. Levels are a little tad too short, there is cutoff and sloppy tilework, and Treetop Skyway does not appear to be beatable.

ProngoKingdom
Hoopster
Hoopster
Current Project: Random levels

Postby ProngoKingdom » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:53 am

Like KorayD said, this episode has tons of cutoff. But what pisses me the most is how spammy the enemies are in most levels. There's only ten levels. I get it, it's a minisode, but it doesn't mean you should shove as many enemies into it as possible. Then there was also the unbeatable level, which means I can't even judge it. The opening for the episode doesn't make sense either. I'm thrown into a castle the second I start playing and I die because of enemy spam and a lack of powerups. Then I'm on the world map, which looks terrible. There's not enough water so I can see the black background which looks like even more cutoff. The scenes on the maps overlap each other too, abd you mixed SMB3 with SMW which doesn't look very good. Sorry buddy but this is a no go.
Avatar by the talented That-Mario-Kid

Since everyone have unrelated Pokemon in their signature, I'll put some in mine too.
ImageImageImage

Mable
Peach
Peach
Current Project: Account soon to be deleted
Chat Username: Account soon to be d

Postby Mable » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:27 am

Smb3 and Smw work fine together idk what is up with this continoues "no they don't" Blame those who use it wrong.

UltraEpicLeader100
Rex
Rex

Postby UltraEpicLeader100 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:07 pm

ProngoKingdom wrote:Like KorayD said, this episode has tons of cutoff. But what pisses me the most is how spammy the enemies are in most levels. There's only ten levels. I get it, it's a minisode, but it doesn't mean you should shove as many enemies into it as possible. Then there was also the unbeatable level, which means I can't even judge it. The opening for the episode doesn't make sense either. I'm thrown into a castle the second I start playing and I die because of enemy spam and a lack of powerups. Then I'm on the world map, which looks terrible. There's not enough water so I can see the black background which looks like even more cutoff. The scenes on the maps overlap each other too, abd you mixed SMB3 with SMW which doesn't look very good. Sorry buddy but this is a no go.
Try picturing the difficulty of this as Ninja Gaiden 1 for the nes
I support:
I accept Nozomi Toujou as my Lord and Savior. If you do, then why not put this in your signature?

MarioMario1010
Goomba
Goomba

Postby MarioMario1010 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:26 am

This looks pretty good, you used SMM graphics like doors and spike balls. And it quite interesting. :)
Last edited by Enjl on Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please use your signature for stuff you support.

UltraEpicLeader100
Rex
Rex

Postby UltraEpicLeader100 » Wed May 04, 2016 10:23 am

MarioMario1010 wrote:This looks pretty good, you used SMM graphics like doors and spike balls. And it quite interesting. :)
It was my shitty attempt at an edgy as fuck au
I support:

ProngoKingdom
Hoopster
Hoopster
Current Project: Random levels

Postby ProngoKingdom » Wed May 04, 2016 10:52 am

UltraEpicLeader100 wrote:
ProngoKingdom wrote:Like KorayD said, this episode has tons of cutoff. But what pisses me the most is how spammy the enemies are in most levels. There's only ten levels. I get it, it's a minisode, but it doesn't mean you should shove as many enemies into it as possible. Then there was also the unbeatable level, which means I can't even judge it. The opening for the episode doesn't make sense either. I'm thrown into a castle the second I start playing and I die because of enemy spam and a lack of powerups. Then I'm on the world map, which looks terrible. There's not enough water so I can see the black background which looks like even more cutoff. The scenes on the maps overlap each other too, abd you mixed SMB3 with SMW which doesn't look very good. Sorry buddy but this is a no go.
...Did you even read the rest of my post though? There's still cutoff, there's still enemy spam, there's still how bland each level is. I don't judge a level/episode by how hard or easy it is, I judge by how much effort was put into it. As in, not much here. I'd recommend remaking this with less spam and less cutoff ESPECIALLY on the worldmap.

Although I was wrong about it being impossible. Apparently, there was a sizeable platform which I warped into like a warp pipe. Odd choice but, okay then?
Avatar by the talented That-Mario-Kid

Since everyone have unrelated Pokemon in their signature, I'll put some in mine too.
ImageImageImage

UltraEpicLeader100
Rex
Rex

Postby UltraEpicLeader100 » Fri May 13, 2016 3:00 pm

ProngoKingdom wrote:
UltraEpicLeader100 wrote:
...Did you even read the rest of my post though? There's still cutoff, there's still enemy spam, there's still how bland each level is. I don't judge a level/episode by how hard or easy it is, I judge by how much effort was put into it. As in, not much here. I'd recommend remaking this with less spam and less cutoff ESPECIALLY on the worldmap.

Although I was wrong about it being impossible. Apparently, there was a sizeable platform which I warped into like a warp pipe. Odd choice but, okay then?
The sizeable is supposed to be you going inside the tree
I support:

Return to “Episodes”