This is the place to post your episode, and we'll consider it for inclusion on the main site.
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Does your topic feature a completed SMBX episode accompanied with screenshots?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
- Ludwig von Koopa
- Posts: 2869
- Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:23 am
- Current Project: RL
- Location: Ukraine (Украина)
- Chat Username: h/a troll
The story continues where the events of 2k16 VVinter Redemption end.
This game is dedicated to Enjl and Valtteri, specifically, this is our birthday present for them.
It also happens in a third timeline where Valtteri isn't killed by Mudkip.Requires SMBX 2.0 to play!Game features:
- Custom hud
- More than 10 levels
- 2-3 randomly choosen looping music files in each level except for postgame
- 5 keychains in each level
- Playable Valtteri
zlakergirl357, h2643, RudeGuy, Darkonius, Marina (and MyNameIsEric52)Production time:
Main game - ~2 weeks
Postgame - ~3 weeks
Total - ~a monthDetailed credits
Download the game (1.postgame.5)!!!For those who already beat the game and want to go straight to the postgame, use these hacked save files:http://bin.smwcentral.net/u/24573/hax.zip
Intro: made by h2643, edited by zlakergirl357
Hub: made by h2643, edited by zlakergirl357
Jaj Van Plains: made by Darkonius, edited by h2643 and zlakergirl357
PGE Tubular Forest: made by h2643, edited by zlakergirl357
Electric Airship: made by RudeGuy, edited by h2643
Technological Drainpipes: made by zlakergirl357, edited by h2643
Overload Mechanism: made by zlakergirl357, edited by h2643
You're a dangerous nun, yes six six six: made by zlakergirl357, edited by h2643
Final Boss: made by zlakergirl357
Sea City: made by h2643, edited by zlakergirl357
Mountainside Peril: made by RudeGuy, edited by h2643 and zlakergirl357
DontYouForgetAboutMe: made by Marina
(Hell: made by MyNameIsEric52)
Level polish by h2643
-Graphics that we made-
Keychain NPC: made by h2643, SMW version by zlakergirl357
Keychains: made by h2643, edited by zlakergirl357
Keychain HUD sprite: made by zlakergirl357, edited by h2643
Hardcoded graphical replacements: made by h2643, edited reserve boxes by zlakergirl357
Logo: made by h2643
h2643 - random music file selection
zlakergirl357 - everything else
Marina - everything in DontYouForgetAboutMe except for keychains
Nat The Porcupine - Fire Snake and Pile Driver Micro-Goomba in PGE Tubular Forest
Enjl - lunaworld.lua
Launcher/HTML stuff by h2643
Changelog for 1.postgame.1:
Jaj Van Plains:
- Prevented a glitch that caused 5th Keychain to disappear permanently from the level, hud and the keychain collection room in the hub if you collect it for the second time (this was possible because the keychain was under a layer that was shown if you collected all the red coins)
- Replaced red coins with normal coins
- Added a bonus room
PGE Tubular Forest:
- Removed some coins, repositioned some enemies
- Added a bit more eye-candy
- Prevented a ridiculous switch glitch by removing a door warp to the area before checkpoint; fixed the switches
- Added a secret room
- Added more red block outlines
- The door is now black instead of yellow
- Fixed a glitch where lasers won't activate if you start at the checkpoint
- Fixed a glitch where the platform will freak out if you let it fall down in the area right before the green gear
- Made some parts of the level easier
- Changed music
- Slippery pipe corners are not slippery anymore
- ShadowStarX's and Ludwig's dialogs now change when you fix the water source; removed a Toothy Pipe Piranha Plant generator
- Checkpoint door area got touched too
- Added some coins and a 3-up Moon
- Modified the water meter hud sprite
- Removed an exploit that allowed you to skip 2nd half of the second part of the stage, and in result get stuck
- Fixed a conveyor belt collision bug
- Moved green gear a bit to the right
- Music now loops correctly
- Remade the final boss
- Remade the Keychain system
- Added new 6th main game level
- Expanded the hub for the postgame (duh)
- Added a custom launcher
Changelog for 1.postgame.2:
- The episode now includes 47 keychains working properly.
- Game will not end once you've gotten the 10th Green Gear in the last level of the episode.
- The timer in Mountainside Peril has changed from 75 to 50 seconds.
- Sea City will now tell what Keychains you got once you've gotten the Green Gear in that level.
Changelog for 1.postgame.3
- Postgame HUB plays the music
Changelog for 1.postgame.4
- The very last Keychain for getting all has been edited a bit.
- The last Keychain for beating the game will be stay hidden once it's collected.
- Keychain Counter and Keychain HUD sprites been moved down in Level 9.
Changelog for 1.postgame.5:
All game's bosses
- Fixed the mushroom bug and the intro entrance
- Nexia's red dialog sign (!) is now displayed correctly
- Vinyl Scratch's dialog now changes when you beat the postgame
- Fixed the final boss exploit where you could die after killing the boss
- Made it so you won't unlock the post-postgame just for beating the main game and postgame, but also now you have to collect all the Keychains there are
(spoilers!):Dev. video playlistTrack list
We worked really hard on this game with hopes that you will enjoy it!
-Intro, hub and ending-
1) Mist Continent: Noe Town (Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon)
2) Patched Plains - World Map (Kirby: Planet Robobot)
3) Resolution Road - World Map (Kirby: Planet Robobot)
4) Gigabyte Grounds - World Map (Kirby: Planet Robobot)
5) Rhythm Route - World Map (Kirby: Planet Robobot)
6) Access Ark - World Map (Kirby: Planet Robobot)
7) Cheerful Interlude (Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam)
8) Dark Clouds (Kirby: Triple Deluxe)
9) Boss Intro (Donkey Kong 64)
10) Item Room (Super Metroid, custom loop by h2643)
-Jaj Van Plains-
1) Green Gears (Kirby: Planet Robobot)
2) Patched Pathway (Kirby: Planet Robobot)
3) Pac Village (Pac Man World 2)
-PGE Tubular Forest-
1) Another Medium (Undertale)
2) Flarefrost Galaxy (Super Mario Galaxy 2.5)
3) Somnom Woods Remix (Mario & Luigi: Dream Team, remixed by Enjl)
1) Cloudtop Cruise - Thundercloud Version (Mario Kart 8)
2) Techno Tower (Kirby: Planet Robobot)
3) SMB Airship - Edit Mode (Super Mario Maker)
(4) Challenge Accepted (Shantae and the Pirate's Curse))
1) Haltmann HQ (Kirby: Planet Robobot)
2) Laser Area (Kirby: Planet Robobot)
1) Munitions (Spiral Knights)
-You're a dangerous nun, yes six six six-
1) Boss Intro (Donkey Kong 64)
2) Darkness Returns (Kirby: Planet Robobot)
3) Sullied Grace (Kirby: Planet Robobot)
4) D3 Theme (Kirby: Planet Robobot)
5) Company (Kirby: Planet Robobot)
6) The True Arena - Battle Theme (Kirby: Planet Robobot)
1) P-R-O-G-R-A-M (Kirby: Planet Robobot)
(2) Heart of Nova (Kirby: Planet Robobot))
1) Sea City (Kirby: Planet Robobot)
1) SMW Athletic Theme - Hurry Up!! (Super Mario World)
1) Citadark Isle (Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness)
2) Cipher Admins Theme (Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness)
3) Alraune Whisperer of Dementia (Bayonetta 2)
4) Prediction! "Defy The Legends" (Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon, by PMD4)
1) Sonic the Hedgehog 3 - Lava Reef Zone)
Yes, again there's a lot of Kirby music in this game. You can also find some unused songs that for some reason weren't deleted from the game files >_>
We also tested it more often than our last game - Fall Calamity, although judging by how many postgame patches we've released, this may not be true...
Still, if you find any bug, please report it so we can fix it!
Anyway, with that being said, have fun. And happy birthday, Enjl and Valtteri!
Last edited by h2643
on Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:42 pm, edited 38 times in total.
- Kamikaze Koopa
- Posts: 1224
- Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:21 am
- Location: Hungary, Europe
The 'hub.lvl' file crashes my game when I enter section 4. (the 3rd section the player enters)
"Look me in the eyes and tell me that ad isn't funny." - Joey, 2015
"hitaswitchtohitanotherswitchandseewhathappens" syndrome - Waddle Derp, 2016
"I am in a call with a Natsu" - MECHDRAGON777, 2016
"I know who designed Camacho's level" - bossedit8, 2016
"Waddle Derp is a great minigame" - bossedit8, 2016
"Technically I'm not a voice memer" - bossedit8, 2016
- Posts: 5899
- Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:23 am
- Current Project: Account soon to be deleted
- Location: Accountsoontobedeleted
- Chat Username: Account soon to be d
Enjl wrote:the fuck
And here comes the salt...
- Nipper Plant
- Posts: 701
- Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:46 pm
- Current Project: 4 me 2 no, & u 2 find out.
- Location: U.S.A
- Chat Username: Mariogeek2
Oh, dear God! I can't keep up with the 2k episodes you guys keep churning out. I've just now started on Minter Redemption. Well, at least I can never complain about the lack of stuff to play.
Also, if you keep up making multiple timelines, then this series will have more timelines than a dictator has enemies.
Blasphemy! How dare you both! My respect for y'all just went down a major amount.
Also, Valterri, while AM2R's soundtrack is not perfect, how can you say that it's organic, atmospheric tracks should have sounded more like your electronic beep-boops? M2/AM2R takes place on a world dominated by nature, so why in the heck do you use so many artificial-sounding instruments for your tracks?
Return to “Episodes”
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests