THE SMBX CLASSICS COLLECTION (VOLUMES 4-7)

This is the place to post your episode, and we'll consider it for inclusion on the main site.
Storm027
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly

Re: THE SMBX CLASSICS COLLECTION (VOLUME 3)

Postby Storm027 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:15 pm

I wonder if there will be a volume 4

Knux
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Current Project: the great empire 10

Re: THE SMBX CLASSICS COLLECTION (VOLUME 3)

Postby Knux » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:10 pm

Due to the extensive delay of this series, I have decided to release 4 volumes at once. Volume 5 will be Super Mario Adventures are originally planned, and has been completed for release. Volumes 4, 6 and 7 will be demos released between 2009-10 all in which are no longer available.

During the development of AOF's reissue, I was sent a demo that I believed no longer existed. Playing one of these levels again was honestly such a throwback. The guy who made them turned out to be a real game developer irl, and the design for these levels were amazing. Genuinely outstanding, and will appear on a future release. I hope you are all looking forward to these reissues!

Knux
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Re: THE SMBX CLASSICS COLLECTION (VOLUMES 4-7)

Postby Knux » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:38 pm

They're finally here!!

A BIG thanks to Pseudo and Valtteri for helping to return some of these projects. I didn't even know Pie Island still existed!

Volume 4 - 4matsy's World

The rather appropriate fourth volume of the series is the iconic 4matsy's World demo. Very fun to play! Due to the lack of information regarding the background of the episode, I have not featured a PDF document nor interview.

Volume 5 - Super Mario Adventures

The only fully complete episode this time round. One of the best episodes ever made, easily! Read more in the PDF!

Volume 6 - Pie Island

Unavailable for years, play the demo from one of the community's very first members!

Volume 7 - Kyasarin's World

A real gem. Essential playing. Features an extensive interview and insight from Kyasarin.

xDestroy
Lakitu
Lakitu
Current Project: Mario's Quest (DEAD)
Chat Username: Eric

Postby xDestroy » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:05 pm

Where is the download link, i want to update it
I believe in Jesus Christ as my lord and savior. If you do, please put this in your signature
Instagram @xdestroy18

Musicality_Minister45
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Current Project: Some things, QUALITY JOURNEYS

Postby Musicality_Minister45 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:08 pm

Check the OP, they're there.
I believe in Redgit as my lord and savior. If you do, please put this in your signature

My favorite-est quotes:
Spoiler: show
Musicality_Minister45 wrote:Any graphics pack that has memes or Pokémon in I'm down for. I love them both! :lol:

Danny wrote:
Ryaa wrote:
xDestroy wrote:top 10 anime betrayals

top 10 top 10s

top 10 dannys in your neighborhood

I might be revealing an episode soon...

Comic thread: https://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=19880

Knux
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Knux » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:09 pm

xDestroy wrote:Where is the download link, i want to update it

Click the image :)

Pseudo
Tellah
Tellah
Current Project: ???

Postby Pseudo » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:47 pm

Oh MAN this is exciting stuff
Love and Tolerance FTW!!
previously Pseudo-dino but you probably guessed that yourself

come visit my YouTube channel, where I play games (including smbx)

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account 2016

My Switch friend code: 1353 - 7698 - 1308 (add me!)

so... i'm actually a girl

kyasarintsu
Spiny
Spiny

Postby kyasarintsu » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:06 pm

I was under the impression that you had and were going to upload my large level pack and not just a collection of some small, cringy bad-joke levels that I made when I was younger with worse taste. Pretty much the entirety of what I responded to your questions with is pretty irrelevant to the actual thing you uploaded.
This is some sick presentation in the .pdf though.

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Current Project: SM63/LL graphics pack (maaaybe)
Chat Username: too long to fit here

Postby Cedur » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:16 pm

idk what's up with the version you provided for Super Mario Adventures, there are several bugs showing up that shouldn't exist (as I just checked on Youtube). For instance, on the world map I've met secret exit levels that were yellow and normal levels that were red. (1-2 already has a secret exit and is yellow, but when I watched a vid, it was red).

quotes: show
<Ethereality> Why Ethereality is banned? I noticed last post is better grammar. I don’t think because is important. Most informative posts. I’ll ask Shadow Yoshi to unban at never and work a new project. Don’t spam in SMBX.org, is respectful!

<StickGuyGamez> BRING ME BACK TO PENIS

<Noodle> Danny is a crapposter. (I was in school when I typed this)

<thehelmetguy1> you know you failed the smbx community ... when you have a username

<Sanct> SYKE I'M THE SHERIFF VOTE ZELDAMASTER

<Zeldamaster12> I need that fucking consort dead already

<MarioRPGExpert93> Holy shit guys, can we just discuss ONLY speed running SMBX levels and short episodes? GOSH

<ZipZap> it's for the memes and the irony you dip

<Noodle> https://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=19400#p291557

Knux
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Knux » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:06 pm

Cedur wrote:idk what's up with the version you provided for Super Mario Adventures, there are several bugs showing up that shouldn't exist (as I just checked on Youtube). For instance, on the world map I've met secret exit levels that were yellow and normal levels that were red. (1-2 already has a secret exit and is yellow, but when I watched a vid, it was red).

This may be an earlier version, but who knows. It's been years since its original release and it can be difficult to gather information.

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Current Project: SM63/LL graphics pack (maaaybe)
Chat Username: too long to fit here

Postby Cedur » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:12 pm

Alright.

However this is certainly not one of the best episodes anymore. It probably was around 2011, but for present standards it's mediocre at best.

quotes: show
<Ethereality> Why Ethereality is banned? I noticed last post is better grammar. I don’t think because is important. Most informative posts. I’ll ask Shadow Yoshi to unban at never and work a new project. Don’t spam in SMBX.org, is respectful!

<StickGuyGamez> BRING ME BACK TO PENIS

<Noodle> Danny is a crapposter. (I was in school when I typed this)

<thehelmetguy1> you know you failed the smbx community ... when you have a username

<Sanct> SYKE I'M THE SHERIFF VOTE ZELDAMASTER

<Zeldamaster12> I need that fucking consort dead already

<MarioRPGExpert93> Holy shit guys, can we just discuss ONLY speed running SMBX levels and short episodes? GOSH

<ZipZap> it's for the memes and the irony you dip

<Noodle> https://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=19400#p291557

Pseudo
Tellah
Tellah
Current Project: ???

Postby Pseudo » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:32 am

There were two versions of Super Mario Adventures released by the original creator, the "mushroom edition" and the "flower edition" or something similar to that, the latter of which came a year or two after the former. If something seems outdated it's probably because this is the mushroom edition, not the flower edition.
Love and Tolerance FTW!!
previously Pseudo-dino but you probably guessed that yourself

come visit my YouTube channel, where I play games (including smbx)

"sterydy Behemoth expiable novae iconically night owl ticklish turbocharger bactrian riveting . Solidus quits frothy managua scrimper shadowy enthusiastically rearrangement curviness matronliness pinyin piroshki gradual hysterically locker room versed . Horrendous unicorn transnational parka lasso very forbiddingly laborsaving cochabamba hair-raising floozy philter transnational ."
- a spam account 2016

My Switch friend code: 1353 - 7698 - 1308 (add me!)

so... i'm actually a girl

Return to “Episodes”