Reign of the Gatekeepers (NEW POLL + DISCORD LINK!)

This is the place to post your episode, and we'll consider it for inclusion on the main site.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Does your topic feature a completed SMBX episode accompanied with screenshots?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?

Which boss did you like the most?

Poll runs till Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:01 pm

Avariz
No votes
Verglax
20%
Kritto
No votes
Grooda
No votes
Kamaar
No votes
Raster
10%
The final boss
70%

Total votes: 10
TheNewGuy
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant
Current Project: Desert ruins (level)
Chat Username: TNG

Re: Reign of the Gatekeepers (POLL ADDED!)

Postby TheNewGuy » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:10 am

Shadow_Flame wrote:UPDATE: I've added a poll above the episode description to get people's opinions about what they enjoyed the most about my game. The poll will run for 60 days so cast your vote now ;)
I liked everything, but mostly the level mechanics.
I believe in my signature as my lord and savior. If you do, please put this in your signature.

TheNewGuy
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby TheNewGuy » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:49 am

I believe in my signature as my lord and savior. If you do, please put this in your signature.

Shadow_Flame
Level Reviewer
Level Reviewer
Current Project: Quest for Doxoria

Postby Shadow_Flame » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:44 pm

Super Luigi Bros wrote:That trailer is pretty well made!
Thank you :)
TheNewGuy wrote:Part 6 is finally released!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgXoHwgf2-w
I'll watch it later on today. Please make sure that you don't double- or triple-post as it's frowned upon in this forum.

TheNewGuy
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby TheNewGuy » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:53 pm

News:
I'm finally back online! So far, I have recorded parts up to world 5. Will upload those videos in a few days. :)

Shadow_Flame
Level Reviewer
Level Reviewer

Postby Shadow_Flame » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:58 pm

TheNewGuy wrote:News:
I'm finally back online! So far, I have recorded parts up to world 5. Will upload those videos in a few days. :)
That's good to hear. Let me know once they're uploaded...

TheNewGuy
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby TheNewGuy » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:49 am

Shadow_Flame wrote:
TheNewGuy wrote:News:
That's good to hear. Let me know once they're uploaded...
:cry: Ok, sorry to tell you this, but all my videos were deleted by accident. Now I don't know how to upload since I have completed almost all levels in world 4 and I have 28 stars.
Edit: I will upload short parts about bugs I discovered :)

Cedur
Blue Yoshi Egg
Blue Yoshi Egg
Current Project: episode pages for the wiki
Chat Username: too long to fit here

Postby Cedur » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:50 am

Shadow_Flame wrote:Players have the freedom to choose which world to start with and can complete the main levels in any order they like. At the end of each level, there is a star to be collected and a special room in the hub area allows you to see if you have collected that star or not.
so, the star requirements of each world have been lifted? (when I betatested they were a thing)

I never noticed this until the featuring

I believe in three 72 mm large, 690 g heavy iron balls as my lords and saviours.

It's not worth to use the legacy editor anymore these days. Get SMBX2 and PGE, it will improve your experience significantly. Here's why.

iphtechnologies wrote: NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2,7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
[ads]

Shadow_Flame
Level Reviewer
Level Reviewer

Postby Shadow_Flame » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:29 am

Cedur wrote:so, the star requirements of each world have been lifted? (when I betatested they were a thing)

Oh yeah, I got rid of them a long time ago. Only 2 doors are star locked in the whole game - the one at the very top and another secret room on the left...

TheNewGuy
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby TheNewGuy » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:58 am

Shadow_Flame wrote:
Cedur wrote:so, the star requirements of each world have been lifted? (when I betatested they were a thing)

Oh yeah, I got rid of them a long time ago. Only 2 doors are star locked in the whole game - the one at the very top and another secret room on the left...
Isn't the star room useless? Because you get a star when you beat a level. They are not hidden like in A kingdom at war.

Softster-SMBX
Lakitu
Lakitu

Postby Softster-SMBX » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:23 pm

I finally finished the entire episode and it's really difficulty and this episode is now featured.

Shadow_Flame
Level Reviewer
Level Reviewer

Postby Shadow_Flame » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:10 pm

TheNewGuy wrote:Isn't the star room useless? Because you get a star when you beat a level. They are not hidden like in A kingdom at war.
The star room isn't necessarily useless as it allows you to see which levels have not been completed yet in a quicker way rather than entering each world separately. Plus, it's an optional room, so who says you need to be in it anyway? Some people really liked it...
Vortex-Forces wrote:I finally finished the entire episode and it's really difficulty and this episode is now featured.
I personally don't think the difficulty level of the episode is that high. Sure, some levels are harder than others but it gives you more satisfaction once you complete them. I hope you enjoyed playing the game though. Which level was your favourite?

TheNewGuy
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby TheNewGuy » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:35 pm

Well, on my first play some levels in world 3 were almost impossible and took me hours to beat them. On my recorded gameplay I beat them on my first try :)
I do like the room, I didn't say I don't like it .

Shadow_Flame
Level Reviewer
Level Reviewer

Postby Shadow_Flame » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:49 pm

TheNewGuy wrote:Well, on my first play some levels in world 3 were almost impossible and took me hours to beat them. On my recorded gameplay I beat them on my first try :)
Well, world 3 is perhaps one of the hardest out of all of them... But then again, you can complete the worlds in whatever order you want ;)

TheNewGuy
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby TheNewGuy » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:47 pm

Shadow_Flame wrote:
TheNewGuy wrote:Well, on my first play some levels in world 3 were almost impossible and took me hours to beat them. On my recorded gameplay I beat them on my first try :)
Well, world 3 is perhaps one of the hardest out of all of them... But then again, you can complete the worlds in whatever order you want ;)
From hardest to easiest in my opinion:
1. World 3-many hard levels. Including cloud condrum, which me and bossedit broke in our playthroughs, ferocious fleet 2.0 and 3-3.
2. World 2-I don't think this world is that hard but it had that one level called slippery slopes that was hard, had a checkpoint placed way before than the half of the level and it had a secret exit. Real nightmare for me. Also the boss took me half an hour to beat during my first play.
3. World 6- This world has most bosses in the game. Including Raster, birdo, bowser and the boss before Raster.
4. World 4-The puzzle pyramid was a hell of a level. Nothing much to say about that. Grooda was maybe the hardest boss. I can't decide but probably kritto was the hardest boss.
5. World 5- only hard level was the fire and ice and It's one of the most creative ones. The thing that blows the difficulty was the hammer suit, and the secret exit is very easy to find. Same goes with world 4.
6. World 1- more like a tutorial world for new players. The only "hard" level was the temple.
World 6, 5 and 4 would be a tie :P
I think the verdict was made because of couple hard bosses and levels.
Also, is the last boss counted in world 6?

Shadow_Flame
Level Reviewer
Level Reviewer

Postby Shadow_Flame » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:11 pm

TheNewGuy wrote:From hardest to easiest in my opinion:
1. World 3-many hard levels. Including cloud condrum, which me and bossedit broke in our playthroughs, ferocious fleet 2.0 and 3-3.
2. World 2-I don't think this world is that hard but it had that one level called slippery slopes that was hard, had a checkpoint placed way before than the half of the level and it had a secret exit. Real nightmare for me. Also the boss took me half an hour to beat during my first play.
3. World 6- This world has most bosses in the game. Including Raster, birdo, bowser and the boss before Raster.
4. World 4-The puzzle pyramid was a hell of a level. Nothing much to say about that. Grooda was maybe the hardest boss. I can't decide but probably kritto was the hardest boss.
5. World 5- only hard level was the fire and ice and It's one of the most creative ones. The thing that blows the difficulty was the hammer suit, and the secret exit is very easy to find. Same goes with world 4.
6. World 1- more like a tutorial world for new players. The only "hard" level was the temple.
World 6, 5 and 4 would be a tie :P
I think the verdict was made because of couple hard bosses and levels.
Also, is the last boss counted in world 6?
Thanks for the world/boss rating and your feedback! Nope, the last boss is a standalone ;)

I wanted World 6 to feel like a gradual build-up which explains why almost all levels in it had a mini-boss.

TheNewGuy
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby TheNewGuy » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:26 pm

Can I ask, are you a fan of the metroid series?
Raster is a boss in metroid fusion.
The statues from the temple level are from metroid zero mission, just like the owls in the time temple.

Shadow_Flame
Level Reviewer
Level Reviewer

Postby Shadow_Flame » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:24 pm

TheNewGuy wrote:Can I ask, are you a fan of the metroid series?
Raster is a boss in metroid fusion.
The statues from the temple level are from metroid zero mission, just like the owls in the time temple.
I do like Metroid but I wouldn't say I'm a massive fan of it... I liked the design of Nightmare and I had him in mind as a boss for a long time. I chose those statues simply because they looked cool :lol:

DrMekar
Swooper
Swooper
Current Project: Secrets of the Unknown
Chat Username: DrMekar

Postby DrMekar » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:52 pm

I do like Metroid but I wouldn't say I'm a massive fan of it... I liked the design of Nightmare and I had him in mind as a boss for a long time. I chose those statues simply because they looked cool :lol:
Raster was the best Boss in my opinion. I especially liked his music, do you know
where it's from?
My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-8fzX ... subscriber

Current Project: Secrets of the Unknown

Last Project: Mario Heroes: The First Chapter

TheNewGuy
Nipper Plant
Nipper Plant

Postby TheNewGuy » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:00 pm

DrMekar wrote:
Raster was the best Boss in my opinion. I especially liked his music, do you know
where it's from?
I think it's from metroid fusion. But I gotta check.

Shadow_Flame
Level Reviewer
Level Reviewer

Postby Shadow_Flame » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:45 pm

DrMekar wrote:Raster was the best Boss in my opinion. I especially liked his music, do you know
where it's from?
It's actually from the soundtrack of a Sega game called Vectorman. Do you know it?

Return to “Episodes”