Mario Hereos: The First Chapter - FULL RELEASE

Share your completed SMBX episodes or play and discuss others.
DrMekar
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell
Flair: CUSTOM CHARACTER CREATOR
Current Project: Mario Heroes: The First Chapter Remade (MH1.5)
Chat Username: Doc

Re: Mario Hereos: The First Chapter - FULL RELEASE

Postby DrMekar » Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:53 am

Ryuji231 wrote:5 Stars. This was a great episode

I loved how you mixed so many different elements into this and so many different graphics and effects.

Can't wait for chapter 2
Thanks you for the nice words. Chapter 2 will be much bigger, with new villains,
world themes and so on :)

I will publish a demo very soon
TheNewGuy wrote:I mentioned this before but some toads are not translated ;) and the lift level is broken to me.
Yeah, I'm working on a patch. I will do a patch for both version, since the W5 Starworldwarp
is broken somehow.
Last edited by zioy on Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: merged double post
My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-8fzX ... subscriber

My Episodes & Projects:
ImageImage

If you want to support my Projects, put this in your signature. Thanks :)
Spoiler: show

Code: Select all

[url=https://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=25110[/url]
Great Folks who support/ed my projects/in the past:

Suecra
jaf
Suckerman7 GM

Suckerman7 GM
Lakitu
Lakitu
Flair: A Mario Fan
Current Project: Super Mario & the Star Prisms (WIP), also making levels and writing lores.
Chat Username: Suckerman7 GM

Postby Suckerman7 GM » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:42 am

Nice episode, mate! I liked the idea you came up with. It looks like Mushroom Kingdom Fusion but with a different aspect. The level designs were great but some bosses were annoying especially Lemmy and Iggy.

Also one question: Who made those star graphics? They look really great and I'm going to use them for a project I made but cancelled 2 years ago due to lack of moral and business. (And I'll revive that project) If you know who made these, can you give its nick so I can contact him/her about how it was made? Thank you.

DrMekar
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby DrMekar » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:17 pm

Suckerman7 GM wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:42 am
Nice episode, mate! I liked the idea you came up with. It looks like Mushroom Kingdom Fusion but with a different aspect. The level designs were great but some bosses were annoying especially Lemmy and Iggy.

Also one question: Who made those star graphics? They look really great and I'm going to use them for a project I made but cancelled 2 years ago due to lack of moral and business. (And I'll revive that project) If you know who made these, can you give its nick so I can contact him/her about how it was made? Thank you.
Thanks for the Nice words. Yeah, I guess these 2 are the most annoying in many people's opnion.
I found the star graphic for the Blue Star in The Community GFX Pack and recolored it myself then.

My Episodes & Projects:
ImageImage

Suecra
jaf
Suckerman7 GM

jaf
Spiny
Spiny
Chat Username: jaf

Postby jaf » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:28 am

Finished it recently (main story, don't know how much extra stuff there is)

Now generally it was an enjoyable episode and I can tell you put effort into it, but there are a few things that I would like to see you improve on in the next one. So here's some constructive criticism:
-Difficulty: Most of the levels had good difficulty but there were a few outliers. Some bosses were brutal, also 3-Castle comes to mind (much harder than the levels before and after), and the last Bowser Jr. level where you had to do half a level, then fight Kamek, then fight Bowser Jr without a checkpoint :?

-Bosses: Generally not bad but too many are throwing bombs/blocks at SMB1/SMB3 Bowser in my opinion. Purblaarg comes to mind because it was just three SMB1 Bowsers. And like people have pointed out before, most of them are REALLY difficult. Final Boss was pretty nice though, final fight against Shy Guy Bros was also very memorable. Morton was the best one, even though the last phase is just SMB3 Bowser again, I like how in some phases he replaced a Blooper or a Bully which is not something you see a lot. But there's another problem I have with him:

-NPC Logic: Often times the custom NPC behaviours don't make sense to me. I'm guessing this is not something you really watched out for. During the Morton Fight, I died because I jumped on him in the SMB3 Bowser phase because I didn't realize he was replacing SMB3 Bowser and you had to jump on him in previous phases. Same with the last Shy Guy Bros Battle where you had to jump on Snifit but couldn't jump on Shy Guy. It's just not logical. Just giving Shy Guy a spike helmet or something would make the fight a lot easier to understand. There were some instances of this with normal enemies too, but guesswork is a problem with custom NPCs in general I guess. And it's not that big a deal anyway.

-I can safely say that everyone died in the beginning of the Cold Caverns level with the blue lava chasing you because no human can react this fast :lol:

-It would be good if you maybe let someone else proofread the message boxes, it would be a bit more authentic without the spelling errors :)

-Music was... good, I'm not that big a fan of the "atmospheric orchestral epic" vibe but I get the appeal. I'll take it over hearing the NSMBW Soundtrack over and over though. I'd like to know where the Shy Guy Bros. and Ghost House Theme (Nightmare Realm) are from because I rather like them.

-There were a lot of times where you forgot to change the effects

-Wendy's Underwater Fortress really sucks :roll:

Still I was enjoying my time with it. A lot of these aren't all that important in the big picture. Hoping the next one will be even better :)
My episodes:
Image Image

DrMekar
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby DrMekar » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:20 am

jaf wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:28 am
Finished it recently (main story, don't know how much extra stuff there is)

Now generally it was an enjoyable episode and I can tell you put effort into it, but there are a few things that I would like to see you improve on in the next one. So here's some constructive criticism:
-Difficulty: Most of the levels had good difficulty but there were a few outliers. Some bosses were brutal, also 3-Castle comes to mind (much harder than the levels before and after), and the last Bowser Jr. level where you had to do half a level, then fight Kamek, then fight Bowser Jr without a checkpoint :?

-Bosses: Generally not bad but too many are throwing bombs/blocks at SMB1/SMB3 Bowser in my opinion. Purblaarg comes to mind because it was just three SMB1 Bowsers. And like people have pointed out before, most of them are REALLY difficult. Final Boss was pretty nice though, final fight against Shy Guy Bros was also very memorable. Morton was the best one, even though the last phase is just SMB3 Bowser again, I like how in some phases he replaced a Blooper or a Bully which is not something you see a lot. But there's another problem I have with him:

-NPC Logic: Often times the custom NPC behaviours don't make sense to me. I'm guessing this is not something you really watched out for. During the Morton Fight, I died because I jumped on him in the SMB3 Bowser phase because I didn't realize he was replacing SMB3 Bowser and you had to jump on him in previous phases. Same with the last Shy Guy Bros Battle where you had to jump on Snifit but couldn't jump on Shy Guy. It's just not logical. Just giving Shy Guy a spike helmet or something would make the fight a lot easier to understand. There were some instances of this with normal enemies too, but guesswork is a problem with custom NPCs in general I guess. And it's not that big a deal anyway.

-I can safely say that everyone died in the beginning of the Cold Caverns level with the blue lava chasing you because no human can react this fast :lol:

-It would be good if you maybe let someone else proofread the message boxes, it would be a bit more authentic without the spelling errors :)

-Music was... good, I'm not that big a fan of the "atmospheric orchestral epic" vibe but I get the appeal. I'll take it over hearing the NSMBW Soundtrack over and over though. I'd like to know where the Shy Guy Bros. and Ghost House Theme (Nightmare Realm) are from because I rather like them.

-There were a lot of times where you forgot to change the effects

-Wendy's Underwater Fortress really sucks :roll:

Still I was enjoying my time with it. A lot of these aren't all that important in the big picture. Hoping the next one will be even better :)
Thanks for the huge amount of detailed feedback.

Difficulty: I know that some levels were kinda out of place in terms of there difficulty. This mostly happend because some levels like Lemmys Fortress as an Example were from my cancelled Episode Toad Adventure 2, which had
some levels too good to just throw away, but TA2 was hella diffult, so Yeah :? The Last Bowser Jr Level is the Final Castle and this is why I thought it can have a high difficulty, but I already heard about it's kinda to hard.

Bosses: Yeah, I know. That's somethink happening to most Koopaling Bosses. I'm glad you liked The Shy-Guy Bros Final and Morton. The Shy-Guy Bros Battle will also have a major impact on MH2's Story Mode.

NPC-Logic: Yeah, you're right. I also saw that a lot before, but it happens almost everytime when making a Boss with multipe Phases. I already tried to fix as many as possible, but there always some slicing under.

Cold Cavern: Well... Yeah. It's really kind of mean, I must admit :?

Translation: I know the textes are not the best. The main reason for this because I wanted to bring out the English version mostly right after the German version release, so it turned out kinda rushed.

Music: Exacstly my thought. I'm also so tired of hearing it over and over again and it also steals the uniquenes in my opnion. Also I'm a big fan of those music :lol:

Effects: Yeah, that's true. Also because of the multiple GFX Packs I use where some have effects, others not and so on. I really hope there will be a Overhaul of a Community GFX Pack someday :D

Wendy: I know. Was orginally a single Custom level made before, when I found the music that plays there the first time. It kinda motivates to make the level huge to hear it alot.

Glad you enjoyed. You said you finished the Main Story, but did you finish the Starworld and Real Finalboss? ;)

My Episodes & Projects:
ImageImage

Suecra
jaf
Suckerman7 GM

DryBoneJr
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

Postby DryBoneJr » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:05 pm

Looks good. this will be the first thing I'm playing after leaving smbx for so long.

DrMekar
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby DrMekar » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:18 pm

DryBoneJr wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:05 pm
Looks good. this will be the first thing I'm playing after leaving smbx for so long.
The First Thing? I'm honored :)

My Episodes & Projects:
ImageImage

Suecra
jaf
Suckerman7 GM

DryBoneJr
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa

Postby DryBoneJr » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:28 pm

DrMekar wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:18 pm
DryBoneJr wrote:
Haha, no biggie :D

so I played it a bit, the English wasn't so great but it's alright you just can't force it on someone. the writing then feels pretty awkward. personally, I would've given the ring a name. it's funny when Bowser Jr. straight up said a ring that lets you steal evilness from the multiverse or something. I was like, how did he know that? it's just a ring.
I also like how the prominent'ish characters, Bowser and the Toad king guy knows Mario. yet some random toad in the Mushroom castle still calls you a stranger. after that, the Boomerang and something bros siblings were saying they're not in a hurry or anything. and yet for some reason. they're the only enemies around such grounds. it would make sense that they would be plotting on a raid or something against the castle. or at least have some purposes. it's so random, this would've worked in a joke episode. or maybe it's just brutally translated that the writing is too different. then the gameplay, I've seen a few problems. starting with the Grassy grassland level. I think you put the instant warp on only the middle of the pit, leaving 2 empty blocks beside it that doesn't lead anywhere but kills you. I know because I died there the first time :|
and then the Castle level which has a wrong warping direction on one of the pipes. the blocks suggested that you have to go down the pipe to exit back to the left. instead, you enter the warp by going left into the wall and exit downward. that's all I've spotted as I progressed so far without including the level designs. I mean, it's been a while. either some people already mentioned all that or you already noticed anyways. :P

Keep up the good work :D

DrMekar
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby DrMekar » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:02 am

DryBoneJr wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:28 pm
DrMekar wrote:
Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:18 pm
DryBoneJr wrote:
Haha, no biggie :D

so I played it a bit, the English wasn't so great but it's alright you just can't force it on someone. the writing then feels pretty awkward. personally, I would've given the ring a name. it's funny when Bowser Jr. straight up said a ring that lets you steal evilness from the multiverse or something. I was like, how did he know that? it's just a ring.
I also like how the prominent'ish characters, Bowser and the Toad king guy knows Mario. yet some random toad in the Mushroom castle still calls you a stranger. after that, the Boomerang and something bros siblings were saying they're not in a hurry or anything. and yet for some reason. they're the only enemies around such grounds. it would make sense that they would be plotting on a raid or something against the castle. or at least have some purposes. it's so random, this would've worked in a joke episode. or maybe it's just brutally translated that the writing is too different. then the gameplay, I've seen a few problems. starting with the Grassy grassland level. I think you put the instant warp on only the middle of the pit, leaving 2 empty blocks beside it that doesn't lead anywhere but kills you. I know because I died there the first time :|
and then the Castle level which has a wrong warping direction on one of the pipes. the blocks suggested that you have to go down the pipe to exit back to the left. instead, you enter the warp by going left into the wall and exit downward. that's all I've spotted as I progressed so far without including the level designs. I mean, it's been a while. either some people already mentioned all that or you already noticed anyways. :P

Keep up the good work :D
Damn. Can't believe I forgot to fix the warp :?

Anyway Thanks for the Feedback. I know the dialogues are a bit weird sometimes. There were a bit rushed, since I wanted to bring out the English version ASAP after the German, which also meant I just translated the dialogues, even
if some made not much sense in English.

My Episodes & Projects:
ImageImage

Suecra
jaf
Suckerman7 GM

enicholas275
Spiny
Spiny
Flair: i want everyone to see the magic on this group
Current Project: well guys, im working in some games like: somarionic bros, a fusion of mario and sonic game.
Chat Username: 3N1CH0L45

Postby enicholas275 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:08 pm

MARIO HEROOOOOUS
MARIO HEROOOUUUUUUUS
NANANANANANANANANANAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Aero on Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: User notified.

DrMekar
Koopa Shell
Koopa Shell

Postby DrMekar » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:52 pm

Just a quick Announcement, for your concerns and people who enjoyed the Episode. I'm
currently working on a Story DLC for MH1, telling Waluigi's Story beetween the Events of
MNA (Mario's New Adventure) and Mario Heroes 2: The Seal of Darkness. This DLC will
include a 10+ level Bonus Campaign and a few major Bug Fixes.

Added in 1 minute 53 seconds:
Just a quick Announcement, for your concerns and people who enjoyed the Episode. I'm
currently working on a Story DLC for MH1, telling Waluigi's Story beetween the Events of
MNA (Mario's New Adventure) and Mario Heroes 2: The Seal of Darkness. This DLC will
include a 10+ level Bonus Campaign and a few major Bug Fixes.

My Episodes & Projects:
ImageImage

Suecra
jaf
Suckerman7 GM

joelcanciones
Rex
Rex

Postby joelcanciones » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:13 am

Hi: I tried playing this episode but in level 2 of the english version you die instead of warping when you fall down the pit in the firs section. You should correct that. Also the toad's text that is before the falling platorms in one of the first levls is not in english. You should correct that.

Return to “Episodes”