Super Mario Bros. 0

Share your completed SMBX episodes or play and discuss others. Outstanding episodes will be featured monthly.
Forum rules
Before you make a topic/post, consider the following:
-Is there a topic for this already?
-Does your topic feature a completed SMBX episode accompanied with screenshots?
-Is your post on-topic/appropriate?
-Are you posting in the right forum/following the forum rules?
Eclipsed
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus
Chat Username: Eclipsed

Re: Super Mario Bros. 0

Postby Eclipsed » Wed May 30, 2018 6:37 pm

Pseudo wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 4:55 pm
Accusing people of being trolls and not having legitimate opinions is not a good way to handle public discourse, everyone. Please don't do that.
Thanks for noticing my ping and handling this.

Anyways, I think Super Mario Bros 0 was a fantastic game. I already issued my complaints of the game and my concerns but I think that everyone should check this out if given the chance. I give it a 7/10.

Also, I forgot to mention that none of the secret exits were fun to find at all. However, I still think it was better than 100%ing Lowser's Conquest as there was a really excessively hidden warp in the world 2-3 warp area.
Check Out SMBX Servers List - It Hosts Every SMBX Server

Check out my channel for SMBX content and custom levels

My Best Speedruns:
[WR] Invasion 2 Any% All Characters in 28:28:602
Spoiler: show

[WR] The Princess Cliche in 7:16:263
[WR]Another Princess Cliche in 29:11:661
[WR] The Great Empire in 15:36:686
"I am the embodiment of Canada" - Darkonius Makavar

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg
Flair: Nuclear Queen of Reversion.
Current Project: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... 9&start=10
Chat Username: 鬼人 正邪

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Wed May 30, 2018 9:47 pm

Eclipsed wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 6:37 pm
Pseudo wrote:
Accusing people of being trolls and not having legitimate opinions is not a good way to handle public discourse, everyone. Please don't do that.

Anyways, I think Super Mario Bros 0 was a fantastic game. I already issued my complaints of the game and my concerns but I think that everyone should check this out if given the chance. I give it a 7/10.

Also, I forgot to mention that none of the secret exits were fun to find at all. However, I still think it was better than 100%ing Lowser's Conquest as there was a really excessively hidden warp in the world 2-3 warp area.
I would like to know what you mean by "Excessively Hidden Warp" since the only one I can think in that episode as being too hidden is in 4-6 (what ever that bee-hive level is.) I still think the 3-1, 5-2, and 7-3 secret exits are mean, and the 1-2 Secret exit, albeit predictable, is also a bit mean for this episode (SMB0.)
List of People that can pronounce "Vilzriquathtor Seian" (Role Play): show

Fusion best time

List of Animés I have watched.
ImageImageImage
My episode is Image done!

CC12: 30π% done
My hardest level beaten!

Support

Contests I am in right now
•MaGL III
•Structure Contest
•Haunted Contest

Eclipsed
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Eclipsed » Wed May 30, 2018 11:03 pm

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 9:47 pm
Eclipsed wrote:
Pseudo wrote:

I would like to know what you mean by "Excessively Hidden Warp" since the only one I can think in that episode as being too hidden is in 4-6 (what ever that bee-hive level is.) I still think the 3-1, 5-2, and 7-3 secret exits are mean, and the 1-2 Secret exit, albeit predictable, is also a bit mean for this episode (SMB0.)
It's the secret exit in the pipe warp from world 2 to world 3. I said that in the above post.

My Best Speedruns:

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Thu May 31, 2018 2:03 am

Eclipsed wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 11:03 pm
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 9:47 pm
Eclipsed wrote:

It's the secret exit in the pipe warp from world 2 to world 3. I said that in the above post.
Okay, so the warp pipe. I thought you meant 2-3 itself being the underwater level. Yeah, that is way worse than the four secret exits in SMB0 combined.

Fusion best time

ImageImageImage

My hardest level beaten!

Support

•MaGL III
•Structure Contest
•Haunted Contest

Eclipsed
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Eclipsed » Thu May 31, 2018 9:20 am

I finally thought of a good system that doesn't feel super annoying to myself to post my runs.

Anyways, it is as follows, I will only be posting runs if they are of the whole world(and only the secret exit for runs in a world if there is one)

Here is World 1 and only secret exit of 1-2
1-1

1-2

1-3

1-4

My Best Speedruns:

TheNewGuy
Ninji
Ninji
Chat Username: TNG

Postby TheNewGuy » Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:29 am

But world 2 has no secret exit if I recall correctly
Also congrats for getting this episode featured!
I believe in my signature as my lord and savior. If you do, please put this in your signature.

Creeper63
Goomba
Goomba
Chat Username: Creeper63

Postby Creeper63 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:19 pm

quiero ya el Super Mario Bros -1 :)

MECHDRAGON777
Pink Yoshi Egg
Pink Yoshi Egg

Postby MECHDRAGON777 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:54 am

TheNewGuy wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:29 am
But world 2 has no secret exit if I recall correctly
Also congrats for getting this episode featured!
I think he meant 1-2. As for Secret Exits, they are only in odd worlds.

Fusion best time

ImageImageImage

My hardest level beaten!

Support

•MaGL III
•Structure Contest
•Haunted Contest

MrVaderSpino
Fighter Fly
Fighter Fly
Current Project: Spino's Journey 1.4.4(38A) Progress is 15.25% before post a Forum.
Chat Username: KingBillSeeker666

Postby MrVaderSpino » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:48 am

This is a Based an Old School in Couple many many years ago. That is old favorite. So Don't Waiting This my playing hard.
Making Custom Levels Already Soon...
I Waiting in SMBX2 beta 4..
i am Currently Participating In Other Projects
My Quotes In SMBX.
GforGoomba wrote:Are you sure removing slopes is cool?
Meepyglobix wrote: DON'T SAY "Banned My Acount??". OR I'll SHOOT YOU.
iphtechnologies wrote:NEO super mario world x is a really nice game. This Episode is 2.7 GB large at the moment.That`s crazy!
Please find similar post:
Neo Super Mario World X is Expensively in largest File is 2.7GB? Are your cannot Download they because Expensive Stored in Too Many Files?
Does Having Wasting Time...

Eclipsed
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Eclipsed » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:21 am

Apparently, I had an unfinished review of super mario bros 0 at some point, there's a lot in there.
Super Mario Bros 0 is a difficult smbx game, but difficult in a good way that feels especially rewarding once you finally manage to beat and 100% it and taste that sweet taste of victory. All of the levels are surprisingly memorable when I expected this to be another yet another SMB1 clone, but the level design sets itself far apart from the rest. Albeit not immune to level flaws, it is still a game that I would recommend to anyone looking for a fun and tough challenge to play. Another thing I have to applaud you for is that you never took the bad parts of super mario bros 1 such as random mazes and included it into your game unlike other remakes.

World Map - The World Map is absolutely gorgeous and the scenery around it just yells what the next level is going to about. Traversing through it was easy and not tedious to do. However, some of my qualms of the world map is that the music was the same throughout in the normal or special regions. It was kind of bland and uninspired to keep on hearing Super Mario Bros 3 World 1 Music (Grass land) throughout worlds 1-8, when I was in contrary in a mountain or a beach or a snow area.

Levels in General: The toad textboxes at the end of each world were always a pleasure to read. Part of the reason I wanted to continue to beat each world was because of those, and that was a good incentive intentionally or unintentionally to throw into the game. Also, a minor gripe but some of the checkpoints were just placed in awkward positions. Some people want to hold right and run when they start a level, but for some levels if they do that at the checkpoint, they just fall to their deaths.

1-1 This was a Fantastic Level. It subverts the typical smbx smb 1-1 remake and uses it as a model to make something completely new.

1-2 Same as above but it introduces the main core of this episode that makes it stand out: memorable gimmicks everywhere that are utilized in a fresh and exciting way to make a challenge. This level is great for the most part except for the path to the secret exit. The way that most people would react after running and jumping over falling platforms and landing on the pipe is in 1 to 2 ways, try to enter the pipe or jump to halt your momentum. If they choose the latter, they are greeted with an invisible block that practically kills them. Also I love the secret exit tricks you like three times into thinking it might or might not be the secret exit.

1-3 follows the formula of the above two levels of recreating the first two original super mario bros 1 level but with enhanced ideas. It was a really nifty touch that pink platforms meant that they rose up and down and green ones meant they went left and right. However at the end based on smbx physics jumping on the green block in a specific way and jumping off will just fling you off it and lead to your death, something that detracts from this level, as long with the invisible coin there that might kill you out of nowhere.

1-4 Takes the same formula but it applies it to the castle level. However, it actually makes the firebar a threat you have to think about dealing with and makes it more engaging. Fantastic job. Another thing I love about this castle and others is that the last few obstacles feel exactly like a lead up to a boss.

2-1: This level is a level that showcases what this episode excels at compared to other smb1 inspired levels. It does not take from the bad parts of the source material. I was genuinely surprised since the water was swimmable when in the original you couldn’t. Overall this level was a good introduction to world 2 and showcases that the game has its own style rather than being just enhanced versions of the source material.

2-2: This level was a water level. However, unlike most water levels I remember feeling actively engaged and having fun for once. You had obstacles that you had to think about how to deal with rather than blindly going through the level. I actually think the water levels in this episode were some of the first that I genuinely enjoyed them in smbx. It’s hard to make a good and fun level, yet you somehow pulled it off.

2-3: It's the cheep cheep level from SMB1 that everyone knows and hate except you made it in a way that you could actually rush the level but still have enough time to react to the cheep cheeps. This lack of both in the original NES game seemingly looks like it was fixed ideally in levels like these. Also, another thing I enjoyed is that you let people who fell down in the water to get back and didn’t forget about that in this level and others.

2-4: The castles in super mario bros felt like the same level over and over again, but this castle level and others stand out. In this level, the gimmick was dry bone fish, which makes it stand out. However, the fish inconsistently jump out of different heights and are somewhat confusing to deal with. I’m not sure if this is just the smbx engine or what. Another thing is there’s more invisible blocks that kill you if you keep going right since most people do that.

3-1 is this games introduction to lakitu, and it uses the same formula of world 1 and applies it to world 4-1. It’s just a shame that no turn back despawns lakitu offstage forever, and it kind was not user-friendly to the player the first time they played that was an efficient way to dispose of them, and had to deal with 4 or killing them with shells instead, but that’s more of an engine thing.

My Best Speedruns:

Eclipsed
Volcano Lotus
Volcano Lotus

Postby Eclipsed » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:23 pm

Here is my abstract playthrough of world A

A-1

A-2

A-3

A-4

My Best Speedruns:

joelcanciones
Bob-omb
Bob-omb

Can anyone help me with the episode named Super Mario Bros. x?

Postby joelcanciones » Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:18 pm

Hi: I'm having toruble finding all secret exits from this episode can anyone tell me exactly how to find them please? I'm talking about this episode:

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=21243

Thanks!!!

PixelPest
Edward
Edward
Flair: Tamer of Boom Booms
Current Project: Boom Boom Evolution
Chat Username: PixelPest

Postby PixelPest » Sun Jun 17, 2018 7:18 pm

joelcanciones wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:18 pm
Hi: I'm having toruble finding all secret exits from this episode can anyone tell me exactly how to find them please? I'm talking about this episode:

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=21243

Thanks!!!
Please don't make individual topics about issues with other people's episodes and just post in the episode thread in the future

DarvinosBobaFett
Koopa Troopa
Koopa Troopa
Current Project: Super Mario The Chaos,Huge Of Darkness 1.4.4(38A) Progress is 15% Before Post the Fourm.
Chat Username: KingBill666

Postby DarvinosBobaFett » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:51 am

There's is my episode very interesting... Keep it up! :D
Playing San Andreas Or Something.
Muh Grand Theft Auto: San Anderas Quotes
All We Had To Do Follow The Damn Train CJ!-Big Smoke-
After 4 Months of No Active Seems Like Aren't Active the Forums :(

I am currently Paricipating Projects or i Supporter:
Image[/spoiler]
Bruh i do someting make a custom graphics or levels.
(Due To Delaying Of Mistaken Time!!!)
Going My Home Is Fun!!!

8lue Storm
Ripper II
Ripper II
Current Project: Many, MANY stuff
Chat Username: 8luestorm

Postby 8lue Storm » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:38 pm

I feel like there is an error in the background in 3-1. While in the bottom there are a forest and some blue sky, on top there are purple clouds and sky. Maybe you forgot to place the right top background?
Open to graphic requests!
Check out my project:
Lovely image by ADMAndrew!
I'm participating of I'm here. I always was.

SMBXFanBoi2013
Bit
Bit
Flair: I am the master of level editing
Current Project: Mario & the Missing Shine Sprites
Chat Username: SMBXFan

Postby SMBXFanBoi2013 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:50 pm

8lue Storm wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:38 pm
I feel like there is an error in the background in 3-1. While in the bottom there are a forest and some blue sky, on top there are purple clouds and sky. Maybe you forgot to place the right top background?
Yeah, I spotted that too in the gameplay videos. I do think you should fix that background.
I believe in Boohemoth as my lord and savior. If you do, please put this in your signature.
----------------------------------------------------------------
SMBX, 2013, Wah man, Boohemoth, Yosh, and Lugi are the best.
----------------------------------------------------------------
If you want to see my videos, go to my Youtube channel:
https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCIT_h6HxKSeIShIIVvhTduw
My project:
I support:

Sapphire Bullet Bill
Bit
Bit
Current Project: Super Mario Bros. SMBX Edition

Postby Sapphire Bullet Bill » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:05 pm

It's too hard. The level design is bad. You fail.

TheNewGuy
Ninji
Ninji
Chat Username: TNG

Postby TheNewGuy » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:06 pm

Sapphire Bullet Bill wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:05 pm
Any reason why you think it's bad so the creator could further improve?
I believe in my signature as my lord and savior. If you do, please put this in your signature.

Walder
Rex
Rex
Flair: pingy

Postby Walder » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:13 pm

Sapphire Bullet Bill wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:05 pm
honestly this is one of the most insightful reviews that i've seen not just on this thread but on the forums as a whole

i must admit that i was very shocked when i read the sentence "The level design is bad." which just baffled me. i've never had a clue that a simple sentence could mean so much

i had thought that i enjoyed this episode but this comment brought me back to my senses. it made me realize that creating a hard episode means that the episode is bad, a line of thought that my brain never came up with before

RudeGuy
Luigi
Luigi
Flair: yeet
Current Project: a random smw hack
Chat Username: rudeguy

Postby RudeGuy » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:28 pm

Ironic post. No mention of high IQ. You fail.
im bored

Return to “Episodes”